Lenoir City @ Powell

dcnk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell IMO is the 5A favorite, but Lenoir City are some giant killers. I see it being a good game, but in the end, LC's surprise run comes to an end.

Another thing. Dyshawn Mobley from Powell is an absolute freak. He is tearing defenses apart like he has been for the past few seasons. I don't understand why, to the best of my knowledge, UT isn't showing any interest. Wouldn't surprise me if he went somewhere else and was a wild success. Randall Cobb all over again. I mean UT is interested in Cody Blanc from Central..What can he do that Mobley can't? I'm no Powell fan, but the guy is sick.

Well, that was my little rant on that.

Powell - 38

Lenoir - 17

Blanc hasn't robbed his teamates lockers like Mobley.

Ya that is what I was wondering. Powell really needs him at this time. He may have jumped ship. I seen it coming!

Nope. Still around, and no doubt much to your chagrin, so are the Powell Panthers.

Looking for a very good football game on Friday. Lenoir City has some outstanding athletes.

Nope. Still around, and no doubt much to your chagrin, so are the Powell Panthers.

Looking for a very good football game on Friday. Lenoir City has some outstanding athletes.

HTV,

I think this is another fairly easy win for Powell. Through the course of this year LC has come on slow but are finishing better. However LC just does not match up to that strong line of Powell.

Ironic but my Company has sent me to Hendersonville for a couple of weeks to work. Just found out Hendersonville and Beech play Friday. Going to that game. I was telling my son wow this is a big city; they should be a 6A or better. Found out both Beech and Hendersonville same city. LOL Big Rival Game!

HTV,

I think this is another fairly easy win for Powell. Through the course of this year LC has come on slow but are finishing better. However LC just does not match up to that strong line of Powell.

Ironic but my Company has sent me to Hendersonville for a couple of weeks to work. Just found out Hendersonville and Beech play Friday. Going to that game. I was telling my son wow this is a big city; they should be a 6A or better. Found out both Beech and Hendersonville same city. LOL Big Rival Game!

Lenoir City is a big football team up front. From LG-RG they go 334, 297, and 276. The tackles are only 215ish, but quick. Add WR Patrick, TB Hall, and the QB Jordan Hall to the mix, and they have some weapons on offense.

The one "downer" I see is that all 11 guys start both ways, so depth is definitely an issue.

Not taking this one for granted at all. Obviously common sense says that Powell is favored, but so were Columbia and Centennial - both at home - and both lost.

Like I said, I look for a tough football game on Friday night.

On Hendersonville and Beech - yep, they are border rivals. I spend a lot of time in that part of the state on business myself. Those two schools don't like each other very much. Honestly, I am shocked that they are both still alive. I thought that Beech had a pretty good draw with a chance to get this far, but Gallatin really laid an egg last week against Hendersonville, a team Gallatin had beaten 35-10 in week 7. Hendersonville beat Gallatin 28-7 last week. That's a 6 touchdown turnaround in a months time.

Edited by HTV

Lenoir City is a big football team up front. From LG-RG they go 334, 297, and 276. The tackles are only 215ish, but quick. Add WR Patrick, TB Hall, and the QB Jordan Hall to the mix, and they have some weapons on offense.

The one "downer" I see is that all 11 guys start both ways, so depth is definitely an issue.

Not taking this one for granted at all. Obviously common sense says that Powell is favored, but so were Columbia and Centennial - both at home - and both lost.

Like I said, I look for a tough football game on Friday night.

On Hendersonville and Beech - yep, they are border rivals. I spend a lot of time in that part of the state on business myself. Those two schools don't like each other very much. Honestly, I am shocked that they are both still alive. I thought that Beech had a pretty good draw with a chance to get this far, but Gallatin really laid an egg last week against Hendersonville, a team Gallatin had beaten 35-10 in week 7. Hendersonville beat Gallatin 28-7 last week. That's a 6 touchdown turnaround in a months time.

I see what you mean. Yea it appears no real power house in Middle Tennessee this year 5A. I have heard a lot about Henry County but that is NW of Nashville. I would have thought middle and west would have had more power. But then again I am going from my years growing up Grad 1980 and before. From what I can vaguely tell, East Tennessee is dominating well this year.

Gallatin that is really interesting. Wow! Just a guess must have had some injuries or Hendersonville injured players returned or both circumstances apply. Too much of a swing for something major not to have not happened. Can not believe just coaching would do that. But then again Last year AC had Powell 24-3 at one time before really dropping out to West big time. Playoffs truly does bring out the best in young Players; win or lose during the year.

Just my opinion Henry County may be the only true obstacle for Powell, this year provided everyone keeps healthy. But I would have to believe they (Henry County) would have a good Offense because Powell is going to put up, as it appears 41 anyway it goes. I am not taking LC out of the picture just not a lot of LC posters to get opinions. LC going both ways is like you said a negative. LC might be able to hold their own the first half but the second half energy level may bottom out. And like AC last year if they (LC) were to make it past this game then that might be there bowl game as all the AC players were worn out both physically and mentally last year after the Powell game.

I do not think any of the teams have figured out that sweep incredible blocking from what I can tell plus the option to pass or run up the middle. It really is coming down to that front line of Powell and a few good jukes and that will take the heart out. I do not think Powell has really been tested except with Oak Ridge and I truly think AC had the right idea just way too young this year. So time will tell I guess. But like you said they are still around..... Period. But not if Space had anything to do with it. :)

Edited by jeopardyperil

I see what you mean. Yea it appears no real power house in Middle Tennessee this year 5A. I have heard a lot about Henry County but that is NW of Nashville. I would have thought middle and west would have had more power. But then again I am going from my years growing up Grad 1980 and before. From what I can vaguely tell, East Tennessee is dominating well this year.

Gallatin that is really interesting. Wow! Just a guess must have had some injuries or Hendersonville injured players returned or both circumstances apply. Too much of a swing for something major not to have not happened. Can not believe just coaching would do that. But then again Last year AC had Powell 24-3 at one time before really dropping out to West big time. Playoffs truly does bring out the best in young Players; win or lose during the year.

Just my opinion Henry County may be the only true obstacle for Powell, this year provided everyone keeps healthy. But I would have to believe they (Henry County) would have a good Offense because Powell is going to put up, as it appears 41 anyway it goes. I am not taking LC out of the picture just not a lot of LC posters to get opinions. LC going both ways is like you said a negative. LC might be able to hold their own the first half but the second half energy level may bottom out. And like AC last year if they (LC) were to make it past this game then that might be there bowl game as all the AC players were worn out both physically and mentally last year after the Powell game.

I do not think any of the teams have figured out that sweep incredible blocking from what I can tell plus the option to pass or run up the middle. It really is coming down to that front line of Powell and a few good jukes and that will take the heart out. I do not think Powell has really been tested except with Oak Ridge and I truly think AC had the right idea just way too young this year. So time will tell I guess. But like you said they are still around..... Period. But not if Space had anything to do with it. :)

I can't see Powell putting up 41 on Henry County if they do meet in the Finals. Henry County's defense is just too solid.