Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I think this is about the 10th year straight someone has made this kind of post about DB. <_<

Folks in the far east wonder why a BUNCH of folks in the rest of the state do not have that much respect or FEAR of ANY team besides Maryville, Oak Ridge and Alcoa! Until you get past the third round, you are NOT that good.

It doesn't matter who teams fear or respect this year.If your not a Maryville fan,your team is going to be another pizzant in the way of Maryville's next championship.I doubt they fear anyone and I'm not as enlightened to speak for who they respect.

Saying you want to get rid of Coach Clark is the most absurd statement that has been made on this website ever. Coach Clark is one of the greatest coaches to ever walk a high school sideline. I don't think the Indian Nation understands how good of a coach we have. The man is SECOND in wins behind a freak coach from maryville. Coach Clark has developed players for a very long time. If all you want is for DB to win a ring so that you can claim the success of being able to brag to your South fans at the Eastman that we won. Nobody truly understands what DB means to Coach. He has spent his entire life dedicating himself to DB or trying to get to DB and coach. This man is the only reason that people in Kingsport love football. He has awesome teams on display every year. There isn't a problem for him and coaching. The man knows more about reading a defense than Jim Cheney. Coach is the reason I am where I'm at today. HE gave me the utmost respect in the papers when I played bad , and when this whole website bashed the DB QB in 2009. And the dumbest thing I've heard in 10 years is that people on the QB Club get playing time because of that. I played with a hundred kids who's parents were on the Club and never sniffed the field. I've also had guys whose parents were wernt in it and played since their soph. year. And if you think he plays seniors just because their seniors you couldn't be further from the truth. I have seen a Junior STARTER get pulled going into the offseason of his Senior year. He is fair. He never gave any one player more respect than another. The man is in his office more than his house. I used to watch film with him on Saturdays afetr games from 8am-noon, and when I came back at 8 to run he's still there watching film and scouting. He single handedly got me to college football when no one elses gave me a chance. When everything fell through with my grades the first time around he got me to a prep school looking out for my best interests. When I came to Northeast State, it was HIM who got me a second chance here at Wise. Called Coach and everything. He assured coach that I can still play in which I was awarded a schloarship to play. He spends weeks making highlight tapes and calling coaches when you never asked him to. I play with a ton of guys now they tell all the time, "if I had a Coach to send my name out I'd be here or here." Yall don't understand there isn't another person out there who cares more about the entire PROGRAM out there. He wants to build a solid foundation for winning in games and life. Ask Science Hill what they think..if we get rid of Coach Clark get ready for about 5 coaches in 10 years. He understands tradition as well as winning.

And if you have anything you'd like to say to me personally my name is David Roop.

Roll Tribe.

How embarrassing for Dobyns Bennett football

This is high school football and it is not all about winning and loosing

It provides a chance for kids to compete, mature, learn discipline, etc.

We are not a laughing stock due to our team or coaches but due to the handful of "fans" we have

It's always the same ones going from forum to forum posting negative crap about all the programs in the area

if you didn't pay your dues playing high school football, especially at the competition level DB is at, then you should keep your mouth shut because you do not know what you are talking about

If you did you should be ashamed

The players see this everyday, what a great role model you guys are for the atheletes

Yes GC made some bad decisions and the special teams were bad

But I guess you guys in you very important jobs do not ever make mistakes or make poor decisions. If you did I assume you would be fired

If you do not like DB football the rest of the fans would be very happy if you did not come to the games

We are there to support the kids, not to act like stupid rednecks

Yes I started for DB for 3 years and paid my dues and I love DB football win or loose

We lost some games and had to deal with "fans" like the negative posters on this board

But when we won they wanted to be our best friends and act like they knew us

We have great kids, coaches and teachers

Stay away from DB football and quit destroying the great tradition that only the current and former "real" players can understand

Edited by db73

That's exactly what would get the point across, boycott the Season Ticket purchases. Leave the seats empty. DB must bring in $200,000 a home game counting all the tickets, merchandise sales and concessions. Hit 'em where it hurts.

I say lets start being vocal about it at Home Basketball Games.... I can get a chant going in no time.... bring some signs... make some noise, then Daniels will come to you and ask you to keep it down, then let him have it.

FGC

This is the biggest bunch on nonsense I have ever read in my life. You and Waco need to get some signs and go down to db and have an "OCCUPY DB SIT IN", instead of getting behind a keyboard. I would venture to say some of the parents of the players would stick your signs up "where the sun don't shine". This is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, just an extra-curricular activity of the school. This isn't the Dallas Cowboys and your trying to get rid of Wade Phillips. And the most ignorant statement of all " Leave the seats empty". Who are you hurting? The city "no", the coaches "no". The city has plenty of money, the coaches get paid if no one is in the stands. The only ones it hurts is the KIDS that put in all the time, weight room, summer practice, etc. You are an idiot. If I was a parent of a player to be there next year, I would say to keep your sorry a-- at home.

Edited by thehill23

Saying you want to get rid of Coach Clark is the most absurd statement that has been made on this website ever. Coach Clark is one of the greatest coaches to ever walk a high school sideline. I don't think the Indian Nation understands how good of a coach we have. The man is SECOND in wins behind a freak coach from maryville. Coach Clark has developed players for a very long time. If all you want is for DB to win a ring so that you can claim the success of being able to brag to your South fans at the Eastman that we won. Nobody truly understands what DB means to Coach. He has spent his entire life dedicating himself to DB or trying to get to DB and coach. This man is the only reason that people in Kingsport love football. He has awesome teams on display every year. There isn't a problem for him and coaching. The man knows more about reading a defense than Jim Cheney. Coach is the reason I am where I'm at today. HE gave me the utmost respect in the papers when I played bad , and when this whole website bashed the DB QB in 2009. And the dumbest thing I've heard in 10 years is that people on the QB Club get playing time because of that. I played with a hundred kids who's parents were on the Club and never sniffed the field. I've also had guys whose parents were wernt in it and played since their soph. year. And if you think he plays seniors just because their seniors you couldn't be further from the truth. I have seen a Junior STARTER get pulled going into the offseason of his Senior year. He is fair. He never gave any one player more respect than another. The man is in his office more than his house. I used to watch film with him on Saturdays afetr games from 8am-noon, and when I came back at 8 to run he's still there watching film and scouting. He single handedly got me to college football when no one elses gave me a chance. When everything fell through with my grades the first time around he got me to a prep school looking out for my best interests. When I came to Northeast State, it was HIM who got me a second chance here at Wise. Called Coach and everything. He assured coach that I can still play in which I was awarded a schloarship to play. He spends weeks making highlight tapes and calling coaches when you never asked him to. I play with a ton of guys now they tell all the time, "if I had a Coach to send my name out I'd be here or here." Yall don't understand there isn't another person out there who cares more about the entire PROGRAM out there. He wants to build a solid foundation for winning in games and life. Ask Science Hill what they think..if we get rid of Coach Clark get ready for about 5 coaches in 10 years. He understands tradition as well as winning.

And if you have anything you'd like to say to me personally my name is David Roop.

Roll Tribe.

Ok Roop, I'll say this to you personally. Everything you talk about is pretty much standard procedure for any head coach. Its what their supposed to do. Some give it 100% some give it 75%. I'll tell you what Clark can't do. He can't take a team that is capable of winning a state championship and actually go win one. He blew the game Friday night. If you can't come to terms with that then your part of the problem. Your not a fan. You want to be part of the good ole boy club, as is evident by your Facebook page. Maybe your trying to get yourself in position for a asst. coaching job? A yes man for a playoff game? Your wasting your time if you think you can pack this off on a the CoachT posters pal. Its all over town. People are tired of Clark losing to teams in the playoffs that he should beat. So I think you can forget about the coaching job. Alot of the current players are upset, 90% of the fans are upset. That just leaves you and the good ole boy's.

This is the biggest bunch on nonsense I have ever read in my life. You and Waco need to get some signs and go down to db and have an "OCCUPY DB SIT IN", instead of getting behind a keyboard. I would venture to say some of the parents of the players would stick your signs up "where the sun don't shine". This is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, just an extra-curricular activity of the school. This isn't the Dallas Cowboys and your trying to get rid of Wade Phillips. And the most ignorant statement of all " Leave the seats empty". Who are you hurting? The city "no", the coaches "no". The city has plenty of money, the coaches get paid if no one is in the stands. The only ones it hurts is the KIDS that put in all the time, weight room, summer practice, etc. You are an idiot. If I was a parent of a player to be there next year, I would say to keep your sorry a-- at home.

Shouldn't you be kissing Carters butt instead of spending time on a DB thread. Idiot

Ok Roop, I'll say this to you personally. Everything you talk about is pretty much standard procedure for any head coach. Its what their supposed to do. Some give it 100% some give it 75%. I'll tell you what Clark can't do. He can't take a team that is capable of winning a state championship and actually go win one. He blew the game Friday night. If you can't come to terms with that then your part of the problem. Your not a fan. You want to be part of the good ole boy club, as is evident by your Facebook page. Maybe your trying to get yourself in position for a asst. coaching job? A yes man for a playoff game? Your wasting your time if you think you can pack this off on a the CoachT posters pal. Its all over town. People are tired of Clark losing to teams in the playoffs that he should beat. So I think you can forget about the coaching job. Alot of the current players are upset, 90% of the fans are upset. That just leaves you and the good ole boy's.

Uh, you didn't actually address about half of what he said. Rather, all you really did was speculate or cast aspersions at his motives for sayin' what he said. Just sayin'

How embarrassing for Dobyns Bennett football

This is high school football and it is not all about winning and loosing

It provides a chance for kids to compete, mature, learn discipline, etc.

We are not a laughing stock due to our team or coaches but due to the handful of "fans" we have

It's always the same ones going from forum to forum posting negative crap about all the programs in the area

if you didn't pay your dues playing high school football, especially at the competition level DB is at, then you should keep your mouth shut because you do not know what you are talking about

If you did you should be ashamed

The players see this everyday, what a great role model you guys are for the atheletes

Yes GC made some bad decisions and the special teams were bad

But I guess you guys in you very important jobs do not ever make mistakes or make poor decisions. If you did I assume you would be fired

If you do not like DB football the rest of the fans would be very happy if you did not come to the games

We are there to support the kids, not to act like stupid rednecks

Yes I started for DB for 3 years and paid my dues and I love DB football win or loose

We lost some games and had to deal with "fans" like the negative posters on this board

But when we won they wanted to be our best friends and act like they knew us

We have great kids, coaches and teachers

Stay away from DB football and quit destroying the great tradition that only the current and former "real" players can understand

Really Greenville Boy? I mean really? You have to make another screen name to make it look like someone besides yourself is supporting Clark. I'll give you this. Your the biggest teachers pet I have ever seen. Those guys you work with were right.

Uh, you didn't actually address about half of what he said. Rather, all you really did was speculate or cast aspersions at his motives for sayin' what he said. Just sayin'

Half of what he said was not worthy of addressing and how do you know that I was speculating. Im sure of his motives because he has already let it be known what his motives are. Any more questions?