Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Well I can bust your bubble real quick . I think everyone would consider it a privlilege to just get to play Maryville, and give them our best shot.Sat. morning we might

have been dissapointed of the score, but we got BEAT BY SOMEBODY.GET IT?Oh yeah, that crap about the kids losing the playoff games, I dont think any of our players, or anyone in the stands was stupid enough to call 3 back to back to back runs up the middle against a pitiful William Blount team on the 2 yrd line using a 150 lb back, when the games on the line when we had a 235lb Andrew Papas watching.end of game and story.coaching, not playing.

Talk about busting a bubble.....ask Pappas who took him out of the the game....on second thought, don't! He's a fine young man! Leave him out of this! Second down was a draw play...all make their block but the right guard, he dives at his man's feet for unknown reasons, should have been a walk in but the kid didn't do his job. Third down, if QB holds the ball one more count, the route on the left side is wide open...again, great call but poor execution. Missed the field goal! Bubble, meet BUST! Got the DVD in my hand right now if you would like to review! Try again speedy! GC ain't the problem.

Raised in Middle TN.

I've been blessed to watch some great football from West to East TN. We lived in Kingsport for 2 years and became a fan of your great program in that short period.

IMHO-you have the greatest football atmosphere in the STATE.

Good Luck and Go Tribe!

Edited by rigger101

My goodness man.No I'm not taking a shot or do a have any envy what so ever.Just once again saying that you have to be prepared and play a good game or you will maybe get beat.Even the best program in this part of the state has had losses.I don't really know how much more simple I can put it without you taking offense.It was a compliment if anything.If I have not expounded enough to make you happy,just go back and pretend I used St. thomas Aquinas or somebody that is shooting for a national title in place of Maryville TN.

More enjoyable this way.

By the way I was in the stands at Maryville TN. tonight. The Rebels expounded and I am happy.

Thanks for the compliment, backhanded as it was.

Talk about busting a bubble.....ask Pappas who took him out of the the game....on second thought, don't! He's a fine young man! Leave him out of this! Second down was a draw play...all make their block but the right guard, he dives at his man's feet for unknown reasons, should have been a walk in but the kid didn't do his job. Third down, if QB holds the ball one more count, the route on the left side is wide open...again, great call but poor execution. Missed the field goal! Bubble, meet BUST! Got the DVD in my hand right now if you would like to review! Try again speedy! GC ain't the problem.

You gotta be stupid to call me on this one, want me to fast forward to the next yrs playoff game? then we can leave Pappas out of it. anytime you goof, last 5 yrs playoffs is a f@#$%ng joke. Its coaching, the players change from year to year, the coaching doesnt. :roflol:

Edited by TOOMUCHSPEED

More enjoyable this way.

By the way I was in the stands at Maryville TN. tonight. The Rebels expounded and I am happy.

Thanks for the compliment, backhanded as it was.

Good luck next week.That could be a very tough game if Riverdale plays it's best ball.Bring one back to the east in a couple of weeks.If all goes well,I might be down there to watch my old school and pull for the Rebs as well.If it don't go good for me,I'll just watch Maryville on tv and wish you the best{provided you bring your best game next week} :thumb:

Got any DVD's of the McMinn Co. or Sevier Co. games? Try again "Good ole Boy"

You can do all kind of things with bologna-slice it, dice it, puree it, etc.Here I come on this message board with my bologna.I was hired in 1977 by KPT. City Schools to coach and teach at Sevier. That was a very fortunate thing for me at that time because I have felt lucky and privileged to have taught and coached at Sevier for fifteen years.There were terrific administrators and fellow teachers to work with.The students and athletes I worked with during those years were outstanding. I received $250 a year to coach basketball. I realize I was overpaid.When I first came to KPT. I was in a parade downtown. I fell off the back of a turnip truck and hit my head.However, I have never felt disadvantaged in this area. You don't have to call me stupid because my wife does that at least once a week when I piss her off. I have no problem with DB fans wanting to win championships.Most fans want their team to win and some fans vicariously think because my team beat your team therefore I am superior to you.I do think it is important to instill in high school student athletes that they do their very best in everything they do.Your coaches do a great job of this. You do have good coaches in football and basketball who work very hard. It is obvious to me that DB doesn't know how to win state championships in football and basketball.If you did you would have done so.You are good locally.I would like to see the basketball team win one game at the state level and the football team to get past the third round. I think this is achieveable at some point.

Truly talented teams that are well coached win championships.When I coached at Sevier we won 91% of our games in basketball for fifteen years.There were three undefeated teams. It was my fault that we lost any games. We lost twice to Johnson City in fifteen. That was also my fault because I never thought we should lose to those potlickers.We should have been undefeated for fifteen years but a few times I got a little complacent. Some of you would have liked to have been a fan because you could have talked smack.

There is a lot of politics in high school coaching.I always enjoyed playing. I worked very hard to be the best player I could be in high school. I also realized that to be nationally recognized I had to play on a great team. I made sure my team won. It resulted in my being voted the high school national player of the year. To my knowledge this has never been done in the state of TN. It was fun being on the Ed Sullivan Show. I enjoyed playing on two state championship teams in Fla. I hope you get to experience that in football and basketball. I also ocassionly enjoy talking smack. In your eye,sucker.

When I coached at Volunteer and we beat DB in basketball I know I wasn't a good sport. I didn't want to be. I rolled around on the court with Ronnie and repeatly said 'Whose Your Daddy Now'.Good memories for me. No wonder DB dropped us in basketball.If I was at DB I wouldn't want to experience that again, either. Payback can be distasteful.My wife doesn't approve this message but I really don't care.Good luck to all of you.

I was proud to be a part of your very first tryout at Sevier, and I can say that I didn't make your first cut, and I didnt expect too. You should have been DB's Coach after Buck Van Huss, The AD missed out on that, could have amde up for it and hired you again and didn't. See you in the Dome Coach.

When I asked my last question I was serious about him because I know nothing about him except he seems to lose the killer instinct when it comes to playoff games.

Where was he at and what did he do BEFORE y'all got him? Surely y'all did NOT hire a rookie with no previous HC or at least co-ordinator experience on a Championship winning team.

If you did then YOU messed up and it is not the Coaches fault he does not know how to 'close the deal' as they say in sales.

As to being funny, I try to inject a little humor to lighten things up because 'LIFE' is too serious the way it is. If I have succeeded, then I am happy.

Clark Coached 2 Seasons at Chillhowie High School in Southwest Virginia, in the Hogoheegee District I believe (it's fun to say). I am pretty sure that was his first HC job, won 2 District Titles, and about 20 games during those 2 seasons. Clark is a Kingsport native, went to DB, played at DB, and he was on DB's Coaching Staff for The Silver Fox Ted Wilson for a long time, maybe the entire duration of Wilson Coaching, then was named HC when Wilson retired.

I graduated in '82, my Senior year, the '81 Season had to be the worst team in DB History...only scored 67 points for the entire season (average 6.7 points per game)....that was enough to end the Coaching Career of another longtime DB Coach, Player, Kingsport native, Fred Walton.

Edited by ArtVandalay

I would like to take this opportunity to invite some of you NET football fans to come to Greeneville Friday night. We can use all the support that we can get. It should be a good matchup. It is a rematch of the 2009 State Championship game. If you don’t have anything else to do, then please come down to Burley Stadium this Friday. Thanks.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite some of you NET football fans to come to Greeneville Friday night. We can use all the support that we can get. It should be a good matchup. It is a rematch of the 2009 State Championship game. If you don’t have anything else to do, then please come down to Burley Stadium this Friday. Thanks.

They don't have anything to do... :roflol:

I wanted to make sort of a final comment here before this thread dries up, which it seems to be doing now that almost everybody is off topic.

My earlier comments were based in anger. I was there when the guy beside me basically stomped out of the stadium shaking his head. I saw the stunned disbelief around me. The comment that this is McMinn all over again was made by others around me. They remembered and so did I. I have had a while to ponder and sort of observe other comments. For what little it may be worth, I thought I would share how I plan to end this whole experience for myself.

It is obvious that the coaches blew the 2nd half of the DB/Sevier Co. game. This is a repeating set of circumstances that continues since the McMinn game. DB comes out of half time in neutral, tries to sit on the score possibly to minimize the chances of mistakes and injuries, and cannot get out of that mode. The other team starts scoring and panic ensues. Game over. Over simplified - yes.

I watched the video of Clark. I was embarrassed by his performance on his show. What happened to the Coach Clark who always takes responsibility? What has happened to the Coach Clark who always seemed to be able to pull a rabbit out of his cap so to speak? At lest in the playoffs when he meets teams that are as good as DB is.

Yea, the 70 in my screen name says when I graduated. I am a couple of years older than Clark. My wife

was in his graduating class. My kids graduated from DB. I am a DB fan, football, band, everything. I can say what I am about to say because I know how it is at our age. Enough with the PC. You just think a little slower at our age and I really believe that this is a problem for him. He can no longer think fast enough to keep up with the action as offensive coordinator. He needs to learn to delegate his ongoing play calling and reserve his focus to the overall game and make suggestions to those doing the over play calling. At the very least he needs to make this change and find a new, playoff experienced offensive coordinator, now. Perhaps he could then continue as head coach.

Now actually, I believe that he should be the new Athletic Director. In that job he could use his people

skills, which he seems to have an abundance of, to do something about DB's schedule. I think he could

pull off filling those 3 out of conference slots with really good teams - not just teams that were good last

year like Clinton. I think he could pull 1 or 2 big name schools and maybe get Oak Ridge back on the

schedule. I'd love that. He could also use his networking experience to find a new experience head

coach and possibly an offensive coordinator. The current AD needs to move on.

So what am I going to do? I plan to write Coach Clark, be as diplomatic as possible and ask him to

consider working towards these changes. I intend to write the Board of Education and Supt. of Schools

and ask them to help him make these changes. Like some have said, if he is the man everyone believes

he is, he will do what is right, unless he has changed. If I recall, he took responsibility on at least one of the post game radio broadcasts for the loss. It is not beyond reason to believe that someone told him to

NOT take responsibility on the show perhaps for political reasons. That may account for how lost he

seemed to be on the show as well. He may not have liked what he was told to do.

I hope that those of you who believe that something needs to change will do something reasonable to help motivate the powers that be to make something happen. We can not afford to continue this streak. Status quo is not an option at this point. Have a good off season. Best of luck to the Tribe.

Edited by DBGRAD70