Brentwood @ Mt Juliet

SCBisondad

Whoever wins better "respect da haven". Neither of these teams have seen ANYTHING like Whitehaven.

I dont think anyone in the mt. juliet/brentwood message board cares about "da haven",or they wouldve named it that.I think whitehaven is a sound football team dont get me wrong but every year we hear these west TN spouting off and see where it gets them, hardly none of them are left.My advice is to play the game and just take it a game at a time,youll lose if you act like you cant lose,youll win if you come in with a chip on your shoulder ready to prove who you are. just my advice.good luck to everyone in 6A.

Go Rebels

MJ has 4 good backs, an athletic and accurate QB and a defense that steps it up when needed. Brentwood QB runs the offense well and is a magician with the football. RB is good enough for next level. I believe MJ is the better team and too deep. MJHS 38 to BHS 24

Brentwood QB a magician with the football? If you mean that he makes the ball disappear a lot, then I can agree with you. He has turned the ball over 25 times this year (16 fumbles and 9 interceptions). He barely has more than 25 complete passes. Let's face it, Brentwood would have been 10-0 this year if they had even an average qb.

"da haven" is in West TN......better check history before spouting off too much.

Only thing Memphis brings to the table is good hoops and leading the state in teen pregnancies. Germantown and White Station have gold balls, and who else in the last um, 20 years among the big boys? Same old story every year.

Crawford's team will be tenacious and very well prepared. Limit turnovers, get it to the fourth quarter and see what happens. Good luck Bruins.

Brentwood QB a magician with the football? If you mean that he makes the ball disappear a lot, then I can agree with you. He has turned the ball over 25 times this year (16 fumbles and 9 interceptions). He barely has more than 25 complete passes. Let's face it, Brentwood would have been 10-0 this year if they had even an average qb.

I agree with your statement on the BHS qb

By far Crawfords best coaching , he is that good of a coach.

Face it Indy and FHS although worthy opponents did not scare anyone

So you are admitting that Franklin isn't any good at all?

No the region was down Indy , Franklin and Brentwood . Franklin was good but not like years past

Can BHS beat MJ ?

Crawford will have the team ready but BHS can't score like MJ or seigal . In order for BHS to take it they will have to hold MJ under 17 to have a chance

It's just a shame that the Brentwood coaches clearly aren't willing to do whatever it takes to win ballgames. Look at their four losses... Their starting QB turned the ball over 14 times in those four games, yet they never tried any other options at that position. BHS's defense is incredible and their running back is just as good. If you threw in a qb that could at least hang on to the ball, this team would waltz into the state title game (to then lose to Riverdale).

Original post predicted MJ 35 BHS 28. But if BHS scores 4 TD's I think they'll win. 4 TD drives will take enough time off the clock to keep MJ's offense off the field. MJ hasn't yet faced a D like Brentwood. Of course, Brentwood will have to protect the FB better than it has the past 3 weeks - an amazing 14 fumbles with 9 lost (after losing only 5 fumbles the previous 9 weeks). QB has struggled with turnovers. Although, not 16 fumbles lost as a previous writer said. He's lost 9 of 14 fumbles & has indeed thrown 9 interceptions. 38 completions on the year with 7 TD passes. But this is a triple option team, so don't worry about the passing too much. BHS will need just enough passing to keep the safeties from cheating up too close. And if MJ sees the film from last week's game where QB was 8 for 12 & 143 yards then they'll be spending a lot of time this week preparing for the pass, too.

Here's my bold prediction... strong D combined with an average but clock-chewing offense beats a strong offense and a mediocre defense. BHS 17 MJ 14.

I think BHS is peaking at the right time.

It's just a shame that the Brentwood coaches clearly aren't willing to do whatever it takes to win ballgames. Look at their four losses... Their starting QB turned the ball over 14 times in those four games, yet they never tried any other options at that position. BHS's defense is incredible and their running back is just as good. If you threw in a qb that could at least hang on to the ball, this team would waltz into the state title game (to then lose to Riverdale).

Your numbers are a little high, my friend. QB had 10 turnovers in BHS's 4 losses. Check out the stats on m@xpreps here. Still too high, I agree though. And you're also wrong that Coach hasn't tried any other options. He did insert the Sophomore backup QB in the 2nd half against Franklin week 10 who did a good job. No doubt QB play needs to improve. But I'm not sure we have a better option on the team right now. And heck, Coach Crawford likes to put all his best athletes on defense. So if we have a great QB, he's probably playing D anyway!

Edited by clsand99

Last time they 'Waltzed' it was OVER R'dale!

Original post predicted MJ 35 BHS 28. But if BHS scores 4 TD's I think they'll win. 4 TD drives will take enough time off the clock to keep MJ's offense off the field. MJ hasn't yet faced a D like Brentwood. Of course, Brentwood will have to protect the FB better than it has the past 3 weeks - an amazing 14 fumbles with 9 lost (after losing only 5 fumbles the previous 9 weeks). QB has struggled with turnovers. Although, not 16 fumbles lost as a previous writer said. He's lost 9 of 14 fumbles & has indeed thrown 9 interceptions. 38 completions on the year with 7 TD passes. But this is a triple option team, so don't worry about the passing too much. BHS will need just enough passing to keep the safeties from cheating up too close. And if MJ sees the film from last week's game where QB was 8 for 12 & 143 yards then they'll be spending a lot of time this week preparing for the pass, too.

Here's my bold prediction... strong D combined with an average but clock-chewing offense beats a strong offense and a mediocre defense. BHS 17 MJ 14.

I think BHS is peaking at the right time.

That's funny. No D like Brentwood's huh? Put your dentures back in and gets some sunshine dude.