District 9-AAA

adbsnap

I have followed Mt Juliet basketball for several years and I can say Troy Allen is the best boys coach they've ever had. He has the least talent of any team in the district and he gets more out of it than any coach could. What they did to Beech last night was unbelievable. Put a 64-21 beat down on Beech. If I'm not mistaken that is the biggest margin of defeat Beech has suffered. I don't think anybody wants to mess Mt Juliet right now. And with the District and Region Tournament at Mt Juliet...... LOOKOUT

I have coached against him several times. His teams are always well prepared.

The true test of a coach is how he improves his team from the beginning of practice until the end of the season. They admittedly started slow, with key injuries being factor. Youth also. However, he has them on a 7 game district winning streak on the home stretch. Again with barely "average" talent. If you think they are some kind of all star team then you need to get out more. The fact that your kids quit has no bearing on whether he can coach or not.  I realize that is the source of your contention with his ability, but basketball people know he can coach. Sorry.

Let it go. Let it go..........................................................

Tell Purvis I said hello. I will tell Coach Carter for you.

I have followed Mt Juliet basketball for several years and I can say Troy Allen is the best boys coach they've ever had. He has the least talent of any team in the district and he gets more out of it than any coach could. What they did to Beech last night was unbelievable. Put a 64-21 beat down on Beech. If I'm not mistaken that is the biggest margin of defeat Beech has suffered. I don't think anybody wants to mess Mt Juliet right now. And with the District and Region Tournament at Mt Juliet...... LOOKOUT

I would most definately agree with you. MJ is playing very well. 

I have coached against him several times. His teams are always well prepared.

The true test of a coach is how he improves his team from the beginning of practice until the end of the season. They admittedly started slow, with key injuries being factor. Youth also. However, he has them on a 7 game district winning streak on the home stretch. Again with barely "average" talent. If you think they are some kind of all star team then you need to get out more. The fact that your kids quit has no bearing on whether he can coach or not.  I realize that is the source of your contention with his ability, but basketball people know he can coach. Sorry.

Let it go. Let it go..........................................................

Tell Purvis I said hello. I will tell Coach Carter for you.

Big Chief,  I would agree with you, I will not deminish the current win streak. I would agree with you that this team started out slow, injuries occur on any team. And obviously they are playing some of there best basketball as of late. 

Do you feel it's nessasary to take the discussion in this direction and include aspects of my personal family life?  Why don't you text me your email address and we can discuss privately?  I do not feel I know you personally.  As far as your constant references to past and present baseball coaches I do not see the relavance.

You started it all by saying he was a bad coach/person etc. You got on here using two different names to agree with your own assessment. I exposed you for that.

My suggestion to you is that you should have taken up your frustration with Coach Allen up with COACH ALLEN in the first place. I know you have never done so in spite of you saying on here that you had. I also know that you have never spoken with Mr. Brown about it either even though you said you had. Nobody at Stumpy Lane has been contacted either. Any or all of those approaches would have been better than a supposedly anonymous attack on a message board.

Coach Allen does an excellent job. His record with the talent given, has proven that repeatedly. He has also brought 10 years of stability to the program when it was on its 5th coach in 6 years.

I will no longer reference your kids. I hope baseball goes well for them.

As far as texting, I would rather stop by a baseball game and speak to you. Communication is a lost art. I reference those past and present because I know them and actually speak to them face to face. Try it sometime.

This thread has been entertaining.

A few notes though. TA got to MJ because of Mel's son and his recommendation. Right?

Best coach in Wilson County IMHO is Coach Price at Watertown.

"

You say you have never attacked him personally, but then go on to state "I can tell you this as long as Troy Allen is the coach at MJHS, the basketball team will be subpar....period...." Hate to break it to you but that is attacking him personally." Bigchief

This is another example of a "25 year coach" lacking reading comprehension. The reference is directly related to JOB PERFORMANCE and not to personal character. Bigchief routinely fails to make linear thoughts then becomes abrasive by name calling. That's unfortunate.

TA is a pretty good coach. His background as a baseball player at DL helps provide discipline and structure to his teams. In his defense he's not had top talent either.

Bond is also pretty good. Neither are considered great but having the talent they have it's hard to say they "underachieve." Their kids play hard every night and that's a sign of a pretty good coach.

Big Chief is going to attack you ...... TA was a baseball coach ?  HOLY S**T   funniest thing I heard all day.  I disagree about not having talent.  he's had some... wlaking the halls.

You started it all by saying he was a bad coach/person etc. You got on here using two different names to agree with your own assessment. I exposed you for that.

My suggestion to you is that you should have taken up your frustration with Coach Allen up with COACH ALLEN in the first place. I know you have never done so in spite of you saying on here that you had. I also know that you have never spoken with Mr. Brown about it either even though you said you had. Nobody at Stumpy Lane has been contacted either. Any or all of those approaches would have been better than a supposedly anonymous attack on a message board.

Coach Allen does an excellent job. His record with the talent given, has proven that repeatedly. He has also brought 10 years of stability to the program when it was on its 5th coach in 6 years.

I will no longer reference your kids. I hope baseball goes well for them.

As far as texting, I would rather stop by a baseball game and speak to you. Communication is a lost art. I reference those past and present because I know them and actually speak to them face to face. Try it sometime.

Big Chief, ( he speaketh with fork tongue) I went back and and read some of your earlier post.... I am beginning to think that you do  not like me.

It seems that you have been mis-informed or maybe your source felt it none of your business.   There is no way that you could know the details of what lead to my opinion of TA . 

You talk as if you have first hand knowledge of events that unless you are one of the parties involved you are getting second hand. But yet you talk as if you are the "all knowing".

My opinions are based on the behaivor , comments and actions that I have first hand knowledge of...  Never said I spoke to anyone at Stumpy Lane. But would not hesitate if I felt I needed to.

You have gone to great lengths with hints and innuendo to expose my idenity,  Dropping coaches names, telling me to tell them "hello"  is this your method of informing me that you know these individuals ?  Is that your futile attempt to threaten me in some fashion?  You have personally attacked me and my sons and we have done nothing to you we dont even know you.

So you see right or wrong good or bad, whether you agree with me or not I gave you the opportunity to contact me, and you refused. "Big Chief got the big mouth on the message board "  How about we have dinner sometime, I'll buy we can discuss TA and your issues with MJ

Your right I should have taken up my concerns with Coach Allen personally... Instead of going through the person directly involved.  I think I will and if it turns out that I was wrong about what took place then I will be the first one to admit it.

One good thing that came out of this, while I vented about TA,  you took it to another level, and in the process exposed yourself for what you are.   My guess is TA would rather you stop taking up for him.

Question, I am assuming and I am sure you will correct me if I an wrong, but I feel you have a knowledge of GP?  Do you have multi sport athletes ?

Edited by FightinIllini

FightinIllini, I humbly request you move on about your hate for Troy Allen. Focus on baseball and your boy's season. Enjoy life.

Fightin had a good post. Bigchief should be the one with a timeout to relax. Asking folks to "meet him" and consistently calling people names is disappointing for an alleged "25 year" coaching veteran. Debate and discussion has been civil ITT with almost everyone except BC.

BTW who were the five coaches in six years at MJHS? ?,?,?, Deering, Cutlip, then Allen. I just wish I could figure out who Bigchief is? 😄