District 9-AAA

adbsnap

Camp wins with their size 51-42. I do not think I have ever seen a game where one team is not called for a foul in the 2nd half until 2:05 to go in the 4th quarter. Camp was beatable today, Lebanon just did not play well enough. Congrats to Camp. Good luck to all 9AAA teams in the region.

Edited by trebs

Troy Allen COY, Devonte Williams, and Tyler Faulkenberry left off all district.....you've gotta be kidding me!! No disrespect to the players that were selected but you can't tell me Williams isn't Gallatin's best player and Faulkenberry isn't at worst MJ's second best!!

Well... Who made the team? I can certainly see Allen as COY after the big turnaround, finishing second in the regular season with mostly sophomores/underclassmen.

9AAA vs 10AAA

Who can give me a quick run down of the top 4 in district 9AAA?

Heres what I can tell you about 10AAA.

They have about 6 teams that were evenly match towards the end of the season and the beat up on each other pretty good this year. The top 4 are Clarksvile, Kenwood, Northeast, and Northwest. (not in that order)

Clarksville biggest weapon is there coach, he has this young team believing they can beat anybody. What they lack in talent they more then make up in other places. Year after year they play there best basketball during tournament time, this year is no different. This is the sleeper team.

The best team is probably Kenwood who has 4 or 5 guys at 6-4+ lead by Matthew Norl who is strong enough to match up with the big kid from SC. But Norl played point gaurd all last season so that could be a fun match up to watch. There PG this season (Tyree Boykin) handles the ball as good as anyone in the league I'm not sure anyone has ripped him this season. His dad is Coach Terry Boykin (Playermaker Academy)

Northeast is lead by Nick Green and is the only team that beat Kenwood twice this year. If they get it going they can beat any team in the field by double digits. But they can also lose to any team in the field by double digits. Not very consistent if you play them just hope you don't catch them on a good day.

Northwest won the regular season 10AAA title and they probably have the best back court in the league lead by Elijah McCoin who is capable of  dropping 30. I think he was this seasons MVP aswell. They also have a 7 footer, ok he's not 7 foot but he's every bit of 6-10 hes a late basketball bloomer and he is starting to turn into a big time difference maker. This team could be the 4 seed and that's scary. 

9AAA vs 10AAA

Who can give me a quick run down of the top 4 in district 9AAA?

Heres what I can tell you about 10AAA.

They have about 6 teams that were evenly match towards the end of the season and the beat up on each other pretty good this year. The top 4 are Clarksvile, Kenwood, Northeast, and Northwest. (not in that order)

Clarksville biggest weapon is there coach, he has this young team believing they can beat anybody. What they lack in talent they more then make up in other places. Year after year they play there best basketball during tournament time, this year is no different. This is the sleeper team.

The best team is probably Kenwood who has 4 or 5 guys at 6-4+ lead by Matthew Norl who is strong enough to match up with the big kid from SC. But Norl played point gaurd all last season so that could be a fun match up to watch. There PG this season (Tyree Boykin) handles the ball as good as anyone in the league I'm not sure anyone has ripped him this season. His dad is Coach Terry Boykin (Playermaker Academy)

Northeast is lead by Nick Green and is the only team that beat Kenwood twice this year. If they get it going they can beat any team in the field by double digits. But they can also lose to any team in the field by double digits. Not very consistent if you play them just hope you don't catch them on a good day.

Northwest won the regular season 10AAA title and they probably have the best back court in the league lead by Elijah McCoin who is capable of dropping 30. I think he was this seasons MVP aswell. They also have a 7 footer, ok he's not 7 foot but he's every bit of 6-10 hes a late basketball bloomer and he is starting to turn into a big time difference maker. This team could be the 4 seed and that's scary.

Edited by Sweetnasty1

Thanks for the rundown talent. Here is a little about the teams left standing in 9aaa

Station Camp-as much as I hate to say it easily the best team in the district. Their size gives them an advantage that other teams just don't have. That paired with some decent shooters and they are deadly. Their defense is lacking intensity so they push the ball and out score people to win games. They can be beat with physical play as shown from there 2 losses in the district against MJ and gallatin.

Lebanon- this team has over achieved big time. They are all under 6 foot across the board. What they lack in size they make up for with speed and aggression. They change defenses a lot throughout games and are able to take teams out of their rhythm. They struggle with size and rebounding. Probably have the best guard play in the district which is where their scoring comes from.

Gallatin- coach Luna always has them ready to compete. They are a good all around team with size to matchup man to man with anyone. They tend to foul a lot and get into some trouble but when they get going it becomes hard to stop them. They don't have many threats around the perimeter so tend to drive and go inside mostly. Very quick and athletic and have shown they can beat anyone

MT. Juliet- this team was playing way better during the heart of district play. Two things you can always count on with them. They will always play hard nosed defense and they will hit at least 6 3s any given night. Young team that will have many coming back next year. Not too good on the ball handling but they play together as a team well. This is my Darkhorse for region.