3 rivers conference

squirrel34

well i watched alot of games this weekend also and cloudland is loaded so highlander fans you get to talk alot this year lol..elizabethton plays hard and their press gave NG trouble but they struggle on the offensive side of the ball right now..and from what ive seen unicoi is the team to beat in the 3 rivers and i for one am glad because betsy has owned us but our seniors are ready to take the top spot..again my opion and i am a lady blue devil dad so i hope everyone has a great season injury free and go big blue

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are always adjustments to be made in any game and yes when u play weak teams u dont need to make many but when its the same old stuff over n over n over i mean come on! and did u not see the CAK game or the state play off game? anyway ehs will be fine im sure and since your name hints your from eliz im sure you've drank your fair share of the dugger kool aid.

I saw the CAK game and the State game in person. I realize very well there are adjustments to be made in every game and Dugger does as good of job as any at adjusting. As for playing "weak" teams, you have to play everyone in your conference. Outside of conference play, I would put last year's schedule up against anyone's. I am from Elizabethton and proud of it. I don't need to drink the Kool Aid, I know quality coaching and playing when I see it.

Lets face it Elizabethton has had a wealth of talent the past few years. Three very good coaches a Mike Wilson, Larry Weems and Lynn Dugger. They have had a good feeder program and some VERY timely transfers. It only takes a player or two to make a good coach better. Dugger is old school in that they make sure that what they do well, they do well! Not many adjustments necessary if you have superior talent and you are good at what you do. True test is if you can stand the test of time with your own players!

I agree with most of your post. I would add that they've had success for several years now with and WITHOUT transfers. They have had the benefit of both quality coaches and players. This transfer argument is as old as dirt. Dugger has been a quality coach for over 30 years. He has consistently been a winner with both the boys and the girls. Yes there have been transfers along the way, but MOST of those years have been without the benefit of any outside players. Haters tend to have a short memory and fail to give credit where credit is due. Also, all the years he coached the boys, EHS competed in the Big 7-10 having the smallest enrollment (with the exception of Unicoi for part of that time). Success was not luck, coincidence or anything of the such. I'd say he's already stood the test of time. Oh yeah, I suggest other teams get your licks in this year if you can because there's plenty more talent coming for the next couple of years as least.

Edited by etownsparky

I think our girls will take it from betsy this year and next. We have lots of young girls and I know we had some good MS games. HV looks good as well. I think they get a top tier win this year.

I think you may be right about UC taking the top spot from Betsy this year. However, I'd say they better do it this year because I wouldn't bet on next year as all the Betsy players (except Jones who is hurt right now) are returning.

Edited by etownsparky

Sparky, you not only wear orange colored glasses, you were Dugger colored glasses! But I guess since you and your kid played for him thats understandable. With Lenn you either love him or hate him; theres no inbetween.

I like his coaching skills except for the fact that he has a history of cheating.

Should be a more competitive conference this year from top to bottom. I dont see any team running the table like Eliz did, fairly easily, last year.

Sparky, you not only wear orange colored glasses, you were Dugger colored glasses! But I guess since you and your kid played for him thats understandable. With Lenn you either love him or hate him; theres no inbetween.

I like his coaching skills except for the fact that he has a history of cheating.

Should be a more competitive conference this year from top to bottom. I dont see any team running the table like Eliz did, fairly easily, last year.

I just call 'em like I see 'em. For the record, I am a Dugger supporter. That doesn't mean that I agree with him 100% of the time. Regardless, he's still a great coach. It's true, I did play for him and my daughter played for him also. Lord willing my youngest daughter will get the same opportunity.

I haven't seen a single game yet this year, but I do agree there will be much more parity in the conference this year. From what I hear, UC is playing well right now. I expect the Lady Cyclones to take their lumps until they establish an identity and the starting/playing rotation is worked out, but I think they will be dangerous by the end of the year.

I just call 'em like I see 'em. For the record, I am a Dugger supporter. That doesn't mean that I agree with him 100% of the time. Regardless, he's still a great coach. It's true, I did play for him and my daughter played for him also. Lord willing my youngest daughter will get the same opportunity.

I haven't seen a single game yet this year, but I do agree there will be much more parity in the conference this year. From what I hear, UC is playing well right now. I expect the Lady Cyclones to take their lumps until they establish an identity and the starting/playing rotation is worked out, but I think they will be dangerous by the end of the year.

They are a pretty good team sparky. I think they are already a dangerous team. Cloudland will have to hustle to beat them Saturday.