Friendship Christian @ Oliver Springs

croz6110

Even the village idiot can watch alot of football, yet , he's still an idiot! As far as the talent, I have no doubt about that, when you can recruit, you should have some talent on the team.

Do you think there still village idiots :rolleyes:

I thought OS would have played them a better game but Friendship proved me wrong

I'm sorry this thread hasn't contained much about what to expect from the boys on the field tonight. Mostly I've read (and posted) stuff about cheating, what coaches said or other opinions about private vs. public. Bottom line, we have children playing a game. But WE are the immature ones, I'm afraid. Our coach has been maligned for what he may have said 4 years ago. The only thing I can say for sure is he loves our kids and will defend them when he believes they are targeted. God bless this country where you and I can say pretty much whatever we want without fear from the police or military. And we can choose where we want our kids to attend school and play ball. After 35 years of defending my school, I only wish you knew FC the way I've known it. It was the best time of my life. The men and women who were there and are there today, love the kids, just Ike your teachers love your kids. The players say and do stupid stuff sometimes because they're kids. Not because of who may have encouraged them to play at one school or another. What's our excuse?

Thank God we all have choices. And for those who can afford property tax AND tuition, it should be their choice withourt having to listen to all the criticism. Many parents work extra jobs or do without other things to send their kids to private school. We are all trying to do the best we can for our children. This bickering back and forth, mostly among parents is unchristian and unhealthy. Is that what we want our kids to learn while they are so young and impressionable? God help us all to cheer for our kids, understand they will make mistakes, that referees aren't really bought and that this is just a game. We love it passionately, but it's a game. It should be teaching our kids how to be men. Because most of them only play it in high school. This should be the best time of their life.

Thank you. Very good post. I have nothing to do with this debate per se but we play at least one private every season and it's not an issue at all. They are penalized for enrollment and don't offer scholarships thus they belong in Division 1 per TSSAA. Ya'll have a team coming from West TN to play you that has also been played down in the past by some but they are public. They are a very good team and knocked us out of the playoffs in round 1. We did beat them in regular season play but in the playoffs.........

Prepare well because Dresden is for real and hungry. I look foreward to watching this game.

Do you think there still village idiots :rolleyes:

I thought OS would have played them a better game but Friendship proved me wrong

I never said they we're village idiots, I just stated that just because someone watches alot of football, that doesn't make them an expert. In your case though, you are a self proclaimed expert in and on Roane County High School Football, in your OWN mind only. I'm sure the outcome of this game was to your true liking, you are really nothing more than a CoachT Troll! At any time you wish to discuss anything related to area high school football in person, just ask around, EVERYBODY knows who catback is, and I've posted my name on this site numerous times Just let me know.

I never said they we're village idiots, I just stated that just because someone watches alot of football, that doesn't make them an expert. In your case though, you are a self proclaimed expert in and on Roane County High School Football, in your OWN mind only. I'm sure the outcome of this game was to your true liking, you are really nothing more than a CoachT Troll! At any time you wish to discuss anything related to area high school football in person, just ask around, EVERYBODY knows who catback is, and I've posted my name on this site numerous times Just let me know.

Hey, catback old buddy. I just wanted to say that I was at the game Friday and want to say job well done to OS. FC was probably the MOST physical team I've seen in a long time and they had a lot of depth to boot. Os hung in there and never quit, so that says a lot about their team and coaching staff. I think that team represnted their school and community very well.

O.S. put together a good season and a semi-final run isn't anything to sneeze at, but Cinderella's coach turned into a pumpkin Friday night.

Rlh, why the back handed slap at the coach comment? OS had a good run and met up against a more physical, better team in the semi-final game. As many know, I'm a coach on the "Cinderella" team and am very proud to say that the coaching staff worked extremely hard throughout the season to put this team in the best situation each and every game possible. Did we fail, well...our team lost so I guess that is on the coaching staff's head. As a whole, I'm proud of what this team accomplished throughout the season and the team should be as well.

To make any remarks diminishing the success these players and coaches had this season is simply uncalled for and disrespectful. Quite honestly, it seemed a little out of character for you based on some of the post I've read from you previously. At least, I hope so.

Rlh, why the back handed slap at the coach comment? OS had a good run and met up against a more physical, better team in the semi-final game. As many know, I'm a coach on the "Cinderella" team and am very proud to say that the coaching staff worked extremely hard throughout the season to put this team in the best situation each and every game possible. Did we fail, well...our team lost so I guess that is on the coaching staff's head. As a whole, I'm proud of what this team accomplished throughout the season and the team should be as well.

To make any remarks diminishing the success these players and coaches had this season is simply uncalled for and disrespectful. Quite honestly, it seemed a little out of character for you based on some of the post I've read from you previously. At least, I hope so.

I think that he was referring to a literal "coach" of Cinderella. Not of a football "coach". RLH can verify, but that is the way I read it.

I think he was revering to what she rode in to the ball, not the men that sacrifice much for their players.

Hey, catback old buddy. I just wanted to say that I was at the game Friday and want to say job well done to OS. FC was probably the MOST physical team I've seen in a long time and they had a lot of depth to boot. Os hung in there and never quit, so that says a lot about their team and coaching staff. I think that team represnted their school and community very well.

Thanks!

The team made a great run and have nothing to be ashamed of, it was a great year, they peaked right at playoff time, FC was just a better team. This class of seniors was special, kinda my last connection to the team and school. Yet, I'll always support the Bobcats and the coaching staff, no matter where their careers take them.

Go Bobcats!