Henry County vs Hendersonville

titanfan33

I know Jelks and Counce are being recruited as well as #7 Ray. I would imagine #34 Allen is being recruited, but word is back here in Dyersburg Counce has 9 Division 1 prospects. I understand Jelks/Coune and #7 might play at a smaller D-1 School or play as a DB....But who else is being heavily recruited for Henry County?..Jelks/Counce/ Ray/Allen are the ones who stood out the most the other night. Seems like all of Henry County's team was just GOOD. And I mean that in a positive way. Who else is being recruited? Speak up Henry County fans!

Edited by StevieRayVol

I know Jelks and Counce are being recruited as well as #7 Ray. I would imagine #34 Allen is being recruited, but word is back here in Dyersburg Counce has 9 Division 1 prospects. I understand Jelks/Coune and #7 might play at a smaller D-1 School or play as a DB....But who else is being heavily recruited for Henry County?..Jelks/Counce/ Ray/Allen are the ones who stood out the most the other night. Seems like all of Henry County's team was just GOOD. And I mean that in a positive way. Who else is being recruited? Speak up Henry County fans!

i don't know and haven't really heard, but i would guess that all of the small D-lineman (Dunlap, Long, Kendall) are getting looks at some level.

Edited by BigRedRealist

I think tickets can only be sold at the gate for TSSAA playoff games.

That is incorrect. The visiting team can ask for an allotment of tickets to sell at the school during the week. The tickets come from the TSSAA any tickets not sold along with all the money collected must be returned to the host school prior to the end of the game. This is true of all regular season games and playoff games including the state championship games. :thumb:

I think tickets can only be sold at the gate for TSSAA playoff games.

I have bought a ticket in advance for a play-off game in the past; so unless it has changed within the last few years I believe you still can. QBClubPrez could probably tell us for sure.....

That is incorrect. The visiting team can ask for an allotment of tickets to sell at the school during the week. The tickets come from the TSSAA any tickets not sold along with all the money collected must be returned to the host school prior to the end of the game. This is true of all regular season games and playoff games including the state championship games. :thumb:

The game I bought a ticket in advance for was not even from the visiting school but the host.....

Edited by Kevin38

I have bought a ticket in advance for a play-off game in the past; so unless it has changed within the last few years I believe you still can. QBClubPrez could probably tell us for sure.....

Kev...FBFAN1976 is spot on with this. Hendersonville "has been sent" 1000 tickets. That of course does not mean they have "purchased" 1000 tickets. Nonetheless...just the idea that they requested that number indicates that their traveling crowd will be better than any we have seen this season! Any tickets that remain unsold are to be returned to the host school for accounting purposes when "settling up" with the TSSAA on the following Monday!

So Waveyard...in short...you too had "bought in" to the "weak district" conspiracy that many of your 9-AAA bethren spoke (or continue to speak) about!? Otherwise..what exactly were you expecting Friday night? Also..not as if this is "breaking news" but Hendersonville..although talented, very welled coached (scheme-wise), and battle tested, will not be near as athletic and physically talented as were the Roadrunners from Ridgeway! That being said...certainly the Commandos "could" win this week in Paris...they've beaten Henry County all 4 times they have played the Patriots. But..they've never beaten "this" team. And "this" team is a much better team than the one the Hendersonville faithful saw last year.

Deep down Waveyard...I assume you want to see "your district" team win the title. Other than that...I believe your last statement above that is highlighted to be nothing more than your "gut wish" and not based on any formula you have drawn up to back you theory....Nonetheless....we welcome you as any other back to our friendly stadium Friday night!

i'm not pulling for hendersonville because they're from our district. in fact, I would love nothing more than to see them go to paris and get beat by 5 scores. as for your question, I already explained why I believe Hendersonville will pull out the win. it's true that hendersonville will not be as fast, or as talented over all as ridgeway is...but...the commandos weren't last year, either. and yet they went to memphis and knocked off a 13-0 roadrunner team on their way to a silver ball. there's still quite a few players left over from that hendersonville team who've been there before. who've gone on the road and upset an undefeated squad deep in the post season. hendersonville will have no players of the caliber of some of those ridgeway players who are going to the sec, but they will bring a well coached, talented, strong willed team with them to patriot stadium next friday. a team i expect will get it done.