Players that are "under the radar"

HSBBallFan1

Tennessee has great players such Danielle Ballard, Bashaara Graves, Shacobia Barbee and Aaliyah Whiteside. Who are the players from across the state that are good players, but don't get quite the publicity of these 4 and seem to be "under the radar" right now?

D-1 Potential from NE TN

Tianna Tarter Science Hill SO

Shy Copney Science Hill JR

Ashlee Mitchell Tennessee JR

Brooke Rhodes Cloudland JR

Cassidy Martin - Jr - Pigeon Forge - All-State as a sophomore. Will shatter the all time scoring record at PF barring injury.

Laura Johnson - Jr - Grainger - Can really score and has a college type big body.

Alexis Bowers - Fr - Elizabethton - Incredible bball IQ already.

Reed - Science Hill

Hall - Fulton

J Johnson - Fulton

Heres a few that are very good players.

1.Carly Frye/Chucky Doak SR- Quick point guard with great court vision unbelievable scorer for her size. Shoots the 3 and 15 footer off the dribble very well and has the ability to take over a game with ease. Only problem is shes plays on a very bad team.

2.Mindy Mcneese/North Greene SO- 2 guard with unbelievable range and understands how to play the game.Very confident scorer that likes having the ball in her hands plays on a very good North Greene team which allows her to make plays to kids that can finish would probably end up playing a 2 or 1 in college but she has to get a little bit quicker but all in all deffinitely has the tools to be a good guard at a small D1 school like a UT Chattanooga Atlantic Sun type of conference player.

3.Chandler Christopher/Greeneville SR- Probably the best overall point guard in NorthEast Tennessee

to go along with Tarter and Frye.Great floor vision in the open court with a scorers mentality everytime the ball is in her hands. Very hard kid to press just for the fact her ability to dribble through or get kids open in those type of situations.Very good free throw shooter needs a little work on her outside shooting but I think she deffinitely has the tools to be a very good small D1 player if they get her in and fix a few things.

4.Laken Morrow/North Greene JR- Long athletic post player who finishes down low.Very good rebounder and shot blocker moves very well without the ball but needs to get a little more physical to play at the college level but I could see Laken playing at a mid major D2.

5.Courtney Clarke/Cloudland So- Very raw point guard that is an outside threat from anywhere on the floor.Could be a very highly recruited shooting guard just by her ability to knockdown the outside shot consistently but had to get better defensively and her decision making. right now she would be a good NAIA type of guard but with a little work I could see her being a good shooting guard at the D2 level.

6.Morgan Knack/Science Hill Jr I believe- Good spot up shooter with a quick release from the outside. Plays on the most athletic team in NorthEast Tennessee which allows them to get more possessions on missed shots which means alot more kickouts along with their motion type offense style of play when kids have to help on other players it frees her up for open shots alot.She could be a very good shooting guard at somewhere like King College or a Lees Mcrae.

7.Gabby Lyon/Science Hill/So- IMO outside of Rhodes from Cloudland she is the best post player in the area by far but their game is very different.Shes very physical in the paint good baseline dropstep move that knows how to finish with the basketball.Very good shot blocker that makes it tough for opposing inside players to score. I could deffnitely see this kid playing somewhere like a David Lipscomb,Etsu or Middle Tennessee State.

1.Carly Frye/Chucky Doak SR- Quick point guard with great court vision unbelievable scorer for her size. Shoots the 3 and 15 footer off the dribble very well and has the ability to take over a game with ease. Only problem is shes plays on a very bad team.

2.Mindy Mcneese/North Greene SO- 2 guard with unbelievable range and understands how to play the game.Very confident scorer that likes having the ball in her hands plays on a very good North Greene team which allows her to make plays to kids that can finish would probably end up playing a 2 or 1 in college but she has to get a little bit quicker but all in all deffinitely has the tools to be a good guard at a small D1 school like a UT Chattanooga Atlantic Sun type of conference player.

3.Chandler Christopher/Greeneville SR- Probably the best overall point guard in NorthEast Tennessee

to go along with Tarter and Frye.Great floor vision in the open court with a scorers mentality everytime the ball is in her hands. Very hard kid to press just for the fact her ability to dribble through or get kids open in those type of situations.Very good free throw shooter needs a little work on her outside shooting but I think she deffinitely has the tools to be a very good small D1 player if they get her in and fix a few things.

4.Laken Morrow/North Greene JR- Long athletic post player who finishes down low.Very good rebounder and shot blocker moves very well without the ball but needs to get a little more physical to play at the college level but I could see Laken playing at a mid major D2.

5.Courtney Clarke/Cloudland So- Very raw point guard that is an outside threat from anywhere on the floor.Could be a very highly recruited shooting guard just by her ability to knockdown the outside shot consistently but had to get better defensively and her decision making. right now she would be a good NAIA type of guard but with a little work I could see her being a good shooting guard at the D2 level.

6.Morgan Knack/Science Hill Jr I believe- Good spot up shooter with a quick release from the outside. Plays on the most athletic team in NorthEast Tennessee which allows them to get more possessions on missed shots which means alot more kickouts along with their motion type offense style of play when kids have to help on other players it frees her up for open shots alot.She could be a very good shooting guard at somewhere like King College or a Lees Mcrae.

7.Gabby Lyon/Science Hill/So- IMO outside of Rhodes from Cloudland she is the best post player in the area by far but their game is very different.Shes very physical in the paint good baseline dropstep move that knows how to finish with the basketball.Very good shot blocker that makes it tough for opposing inside players to score. I could deffnitely see this kid playing somewhere like a David Lipscomb,Etsu or Middle Tennessee State.

Great list!

Morrow is a great outside shooter and probably shoots over 85% from the foul line. Morgan Knack has got to be one of the top shooters in the area but also rebounds well, plays excellent defense, and has a great attitude. As far as the top pg's in the area you have to mention AJ Mitchell at THS (of course I'm biased! LOL). Single season and career record holder at Tennessee HS in both steals and assists!

That being said you can win a TON of games with any of the pgs mentioned!

There's a ton of really good players in east Tennessee!

I would add Maelyn Cutshaw from South Greene and Charlotte Murphy from West Greene.