Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Why is everyone so mad about the sirens? Get over it, its a high school game and those made for a better atmosphere. God, those men gave it all on the field and the better team won. Mobley is one heck of a back! I take back everything I said by doubting him, he's the real deal. Perfect game, perfect atmosphere with the students and all of Henry County rocking TTU, and a perfect ending to a PERFECT SEASON. Glad to be a patriot, this county and those men deserve it more than anything. Powell was a very good team, I was impressed.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

Why is everyone so mad about the sirens? Get over it, its a high school game and those made for a better atmosphere. God, those men gave it all on the field and the better team won. Mobley is one heck of a back! I take back everything I said by doubting him, he's the real deal. Perfect game, perfect atmosphere with the students and all of Henry County rocking TTU, and a perfect ending to a PERFECT SEASON. Glad to be a patriot, this county and those men deserve it more than anything. Powell was a very good team, I was impressed.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

I wasn't complaining about the siren. Just warning my new friends about Interstate speeding and safety.

Wow. First of all, one of the best games I've seen in a long, long time. 2nd of all, congrats to both teams on an excellent football season. 3rd of all, GO PATRIOTS! Way to bring home the gold! As a former player at HCHS, the farthest we ever went in the playoffs was the 3rd round my senior year. I remember the close losses, the frustration, and the disappointment in knowing the season just ended. To any players who happen to skim over these threads every once in a while (and I know there are some of you), I hope you realize just how huge your accomplishment tonight was, for the program, the school, and the community as a whole. You deserve this, and you have earned every single bit of it. So take it all in, and cherish it. Also a big, big shout out to Coach Counce and his staff on what has been an absolutely remarkable job in their 2 short seasons here. They took over a program that was already successful, got their own paw prints on it, and played the biggest of roles in getting it over the hump.

Victory is sweet, but Powell has nothing to hang their heads about. I did feel for them after that game was over, because we've been there before (too many times). To play so well, and have such a good season, only to see it end in heartbreak. Best of luck to the Powell program in the future, and judging from the ones that I talked to, you have some very nice and classy fans. Also some very, very good football players. I know it seems like it might not be worth much in defeat, but congrats to Dyshawn Mobley for breaking the state rushing record. It is a huge accomplishment.

As a former defensive player, #78 Dunlap made me proud tonight. It was only fitting that the defense made the play to end the game :mrgreen:.

This win will help me sleep like a baby, despite the fact that I'm in a 150 degree hotel room. It will also make tomorrow's games much more enjoyable. :thumb:

ROLL RED ROLL...or perhaps...GO BIG RED!!! Whichever you prefer. They're all fitting tonight.

Woe this was a great ball game. Both teams played really well and great officiating also. It was a treat for all that watched. Powell is much better than I thought. They played a heck of a game. Henry co pulled it out I'm this barnburner and probably best game ever for a Tennessee high school championship. Most exciting game I have watched in years. Contests to both teams for great seasons and the memories for a lifetime.