Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

I don't think you west people get it that there is a difference between east football and west football. The brand is different. In my opinion it's more physical and faster in the east. I did not say anything about WC having a bad defense. I just think they are going to face the best two backs they have faced all year as far as speed quickness and agility. It's going to be a slugfest. But I'm hoping SP gets the TKO. We have been there and we know how to finish. Last game of the year who wants it more??? The USA Today simulator does say that Wayne County is a 4 point favorite in this game. So, guess SP is an underdog.

Powerp, what kind of mess is this? I asked Murphy and he said their was not a different "brand" of football. They play with the same durn football we do. You are about as full of mess as a Christmas turkey. Have you read in the Murphy Fair book any about this Rice mans team. They are real good and you are just making that Rice man real mad. You think im joking but im not.

Roy do you really think if WC plays this game mad they will beat SP? You need to tell Grider to get mad so they can win this game. There is still 5 days to lift weights to get big and strong for this game...will Grider get these boys in the weight room to get big and strong before this game? 5 days is plenty of time to get big and strong...I used to go to the weight room before I hit the beach and my muscles would swell up and make me look big for the honeys.

I garuntee you that Powerp is just making that Rice man real mad. Grider better have our boys in the weight room this week so we can stay real strong for this game. If we lose this game our season will be over. Has that Adkins man started making those Joe Byrns boys lift weights yet so they can be real strong for their first game next year? Grider better make that durn strength coach get our boys in the weight room on Monday after this championship game so we can start training again.

I was talking to a man at Freds today and he asked me if Grider was going to have our boys special shoes this year to play on that artifical turf at Cookeville? Has Grider even thought about this? Grider does not need to use those extra long cleats this week like we had to use at Grace. If Grider does not have the right shoes for our boys, our runners will not be able to stand up. You think im joking but im not.

This thread is starting to sound alot like the Huntingdon thread..."WC plays a weak schedule and they don't have a chance" Just like I said that week if WC can minimize turnovers SP better watch out. And whoever said we shouldn't have beat Huntingdon is out of their freakin mind or just dont know football period. That game was real real close to gettin outta hand. So either way win or lose I believe WC will gain some respect especially from some SP fans, because I think some people will be surprised how good this team is..GO CATS :thumb:

Congrats to Wayne County for making it to the dance! You have my respect as a loyal Pirate fan and I am looking forward to an awesome ballgame. I was anticipating this match up last year and followed WC'sand PC's progress until you guys were eliminated. I still struggle with how you guys were eliminated last year as I felt you were heavy favorites to be in cookeville for 2010. But thats then and this is now. I have watched you guys play and I dissagree with the phrase "you shouldn't have beat Huntingdon" but I will say that useing the phrase "That game was real real close to gettin outta hand" is a stretch since if I remember correctly the teams was tied up until the last couple mimutes and maybe even seconds to where your QB threw a Hale Mary as WC posters posted you scored and then the ball falling in your guys hands in the final play which was a kick off return "razal Dazal play" and your guy ran into the endzone. This Wayne County Team is a good team and deserves to be at the dance, we all know it so don't pay no attention to these folks huffing and puffing like we gonna roll in breeze by. You can belive we are preparing for WAR and whole bunch of earholing. Good luck to both teams! I can speak for me and me only 'After all the PC and WC talking last year and this year this game ought to be great and anything less will leave me with a feeling of being shortchanged! I hope its a nail biter!

Congrats to Wayne County for making it to the dance! You have my respect as a loyal Pirate fan and I am looking forward to an awesome ballgame. I was anticipating this match up last year and followed WC'sand PC's progress until you guys were eliminated. I still struggle with how you guys were eliminated last year as I felt you were heavy favorites to be in cookeville for 2010. But thats then and this is now. I have watched you guys play and I dissagree with the phrase "you shouldn't have beat Huntingdon" but I will say that useing the phrase "That game was real real close to gettin outta hand" is a stretch since if I remember correctly the teams was tied up until the last couple mimutes and maybe even seconds to where your QB threw a Hale Mary as WC posters posted you scored and then the ball falling in your guys hands in the final play which was a kick off return "razal Dazal play" and your guy ran into the endzone. This Wayne County Team is a good team and deserves to be at the dance, we all know it so don't pay no attention to these folks huffing and puffing like we gonna roll in breeze by. You can belive we are preparing for WAR and whole bunch of earholing. Good luck to both teams! I can speak for me and me only 'After all the PC and WC talking last year and this year this game ought to be great and anything less will leave me with a feeling of being shortchanged! I hope its a nail biter!

:thumb:

Sorry buddy, but I remember those teams and seen Huntingdon play this year twice, they are not even close to those 2 state title teams(1 runner up).....

I don't remember the last Huntingdon game I missed, I've seen a bunch of teams. Your probably right though, 03 and 04 were awesome teams. It's really hard to compare since this season is fresh on my mind, and one of my favorite teams to watch. 98 team was probably better than all of them to be honest.

Back to the game at hand...

SP- 14

WC- 15

:thumb:

only if we dont have to endure 6 days of "we play tougher schedule than u"slogans. :roflolk:

You wont get that from me! Just Ignore the others who are thumping on their chest- I agree that we play a tougher schedule crap means nothing in a game like this. Its who shows up and plays their A game. I'm rooting for the pirates but eager to see WC and what they brng to the table come game day. Honestly Gordonsville had agood chance to kicking our door down but when times got hard in the trenches they was trying their hand at the gift of gab instead of just digging in and executing. This games gonna be a barn nurner and I cant wait!

I don't think you west people get it that there is a difference between east football and west football. The brand is different. In my opinion it's more physical and faster in the east. I did not say anything about WC having a bad defense. I just think they are going to face the best two backs they have faced all year as far as speed quickness and agility. It's going to be a slugfest. But I'm hoping SP gets the TKO. We have been there and we know how to finish. Last game of the year who wants it more??? The USA Today simulator does say that Wayne County is a 4 point favorite in this game. So, guess SP is an underdog.

POWERP we know you mean well, but you kind of give us a bad rep with all this were better than everybody crap. :roll:

Wayne County supporters...tell us about your team...I for one have not seen any film or anything on WC, all I know is the scores of your games. Is your QB the kid that was Mr. Football last year? Got any stats you can throw our way?

No, Austin Rice is our QB this year. His brother, Tyler, was mr football at QB last year. Austin was an all-state receiver the last couple of years. We are a run first team with no single player that puts himself before the team. Austin will pitch the ball 30 yards down field to gain 3 more yards on a play. We have a good running back that does a good job of playing within the system and doesn't get himself into trouble by trying to do too much when it's not there. This team plays for each other more than any team I can remember Wayne Co ever having. We have a Mr football candidate that plugs up the middle of our defense and two shut down corners. We can man up on any receiver in 1A ball. Coming in to this week, we have 19 picks as a team with both corners having 4 a piece.