9AAA Off Season Thread

TheRealTruth

How are your teams shaping up next year?

Gallatin graduates 20 seniors mostly guys who got ample playing time. I believe JV lost a couple of games and could fill the void and freshmen were 50/50. I know Rucker-Stewart MS was 7-1 and Shafer had the younger Banks kid. Should have some necessary building blocks in place to continue winning ways.

Hendersonville? Beech? Station Camp? Mt. Juliet? etc. etc. etc.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are your teams shaping up next year?

Gallatin graduates 20 seniors mostly guys who got ample playing time. I believe JV lost a couple of games and could fill the void and freshmen were 50/50. I know Rucker-Stewart MS was 7-1 and Shafer had the younger Banks kid. Should have some necessary building blocks in place to continue winning ways.

Hendersonville? Beech? Station Camp? Mt. Juliet? etc. etc. etc.

Freshmen were not 50/50 and the Banks kid is going to JPII to play baseball. Gallatin will struggle next year. They lost a lot of talented players. Gallatin will go 5-5 next year. Beech has a loaded backfield returning and will be hard to beat next year. Mt Juliet returns several very talented backs and with Perry at the helm, I expect they will also compete for the title. Hendersonville always finds a way. Hatfield is the second best coach in this county and has proved that time after time. Everybody thinks Station Camp will turn it on but I am not impressed with what they have shown. Losing Johnson will hurt. Wilson Central has a few athletes and will be tougher than they have been based on Dedman and what he is trying to build. Lebanon will be playing at their new stadium but I don't think they have the horses to do much. Portland may play several freshmen, but still will be a bottom dweller.

#1 Beech

#2 Mt Juliet

#3 Hendersonville

#4 Gallatin

#5 Station Camp

#6 Wilson Central

#7 Lebanon

#8 Portland

Freshmen were not 50/50 and the Banks kid is going to JPII to play baseball. Gallatin will struggle next year. They lost a lot of talented players. Gallatin will go 5-5 next year. Beech has a loaded backfield returning and will be hard to beat next year. Mt Juliet returns several very talented backs and with Perry at the helm, I expect they will also compete for the title. Hendersonville always finds a way. Hatfield is the second best coach in this county and has proved that time after time. Everybody thinks Station Camp will turn it on but I am not impressed with what they have shown. Losing Johnson will hurt. Wilson Central has a few athletes and will be tougher than they have been based on Dedman and what he is trying to build. Lebanon will be playing at their new stadium but I don't think they have the horses to do much. Portland may play several freshmen, but still will be a bottom dweller.

#1 Beech

#2 Mt Juliet

#3 Hendersonville

#4 Gallatin

#5 Station Camp

#6 Wilson Central

#7 Lebanon

#8 Portland

Good assessment GWAVE1. I looked back and the freshmen were 2-6 with 3 close losses. Keep in mine the seniors this year were 4-4 as freshman. Much takes place between 9th grade to 12th grade. Weight room and physical maturity go a long way.

I am optimistic but can see 5-5 a reality. I could see Beech and Mt. Juliet flip-flop as well as Gallatin and Hendersonville.

I have heard the Banks kid has been approached by JPII, but I just can't see that actually happening. I know JPII is again recruiting heavy in East Nashville (lack of diversity at JPII) and new facilities are a bit of a draw but I don't see JPII recruiting many Gallatin kids (Station Camp has received more). I still think Gallatin has great facilities and better than most all (ie. Weight Room, Indoor Sports Facility). The Stadium has a great atmosphere and all the prestige of a time-honored football stadium. It is a great school with more academic and honors courses than any other school in the county. Not sure why a kid would want to move out-of-zone or go to JPII unless someone is in there ear spreading untruths.

Good assessment GWAVE1. I looked back and the freshmen were 2-6 with 3 close losses. Keep in mine the seniors this year were 4-4 as freshman. Much takes place between 9th grade to 12th grade. Weight room and physical maturity go a long way.

I am optimistic but can see 5-5 a reality. I could see Beech and Mt. Juliet flip-flop as well as Gallatin and Hendersonville.

I have heard the Banks kid has been approached by JPII, but I just can't see that actually happening. I know JPII is again recruiting heavy in East Nashville (lack of diversity at JPII) and new facilities are a bit of a draw but I don't see JPII recruiting many Gallatin kids (Station Camp has received more). I still think Gallatin has great facilities and better than most all (ie. Weight Room, Indoor Sports Facility). The Stadium has a great atmosphere and all the prestige of a time-honored football stadium. It is a great school with more academic and honors courses than any other school in the county. Not sure why a kid would want to move out-of-zone or go to JPII unless someone is in there ear spreading untruths.

Gallatin had a good junior and sophomore class. i say if a kid does not want to be at gallatin, then hit the road. we don't need them, and more times than not they are not nearly as good as they think. i would take 11 average players with above average hearts than to have 1 or 2 superstars that are only concerned with themselves.

i feel like anyone of the following could win it; Mt Juliet, beech, hendersonville, Gallatin, or station camp.

Beech will be loaded.

Hendersonville will be well coached with some decent athletes.

Mt Juliet is losing a lot, but will be efficient enough on offense to give people problems.

Gallatin wil be the most athletic, but still has the knuckle heads in the community that influence kids in the wrong way.

Station Camps upcoming jr and sr class were both undefeated as freshman i believe, and have a lot of playing time. coaching could be the x factor.

i think either Beech, Hendersonville, Gallatin, or Station Camp makes it to Cookeville next season.

Let me tell ya, JPII is looking heavily in Sumner Co. Brothers down there sees Hendersonville, White House and Gallatin as untapped territory. Don't be surprised to see other potential Gallatin starters going that route in the future as long as they can get their education payed for.

I think Gallatin has a lot to replace this coming up year. Kicker and punter. Only have one returner at the receiver position. Lots of holes on both lines. Not too mention we now have holes on the staff. The Wave needs more size and more speed.

I just don't know if Gallatin can do more with what they have. I mean, lets face it, Gallatin hasn't overachieved in years. How many times does Gallatin have a class where everybody is excited and we end up the same way...2003, 2006, 2011. Until things change, things won't change I fear. Maybe a new coach or two will help. I think the Mark Williams hire was a good one.

Why , hmmmmm let's see a Jp II education means a lot more

Gallatin had a good junior and sophomore class. i say if a kid does not want to be at gallatin, then hit the road. we don't need them, and more times than not they are not nearly as good as they think. i would take 11 average players with above average hearts than to have 1 or 2 superstars that are only concerned with themselves.

i feel like anyone of the following could win it; Mt Juliet, beech, hendersonville, Gallatin, or station camp.

Beech will be loaded.

Hendersonville will be well coached with some decent athletes.

Mt Juliet is losing a lot, but will be efficient enough on offense to give people problems.

Gallatin wil be the most athletic, but still has the knuckle heads in the community that influence kids in the wrong way.

Station Camps upcoming jr and sr class were both undefeated as freshman i believe, and have a lot of playing time. coaching could be the x factor.

i think either Beech, Hendersonville, Gallatin, or Station Camp makes it to Cookeville next season.

I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded statements.

Let me tell ya, JPII is looking heavily in Sumner Co. Brothers down there sees Hendersonville, White House and Gallatin as untapped territory. Don't be surprised to see other potential Gallatin starters going that route in the future as long as they can get their education payed for.

I think Gallatin has a lot to replace this coming up year. Kicker and punter. Only have one returner at the receiver position. Lots of holes on both lines. Not too mention we now have holes on the staff. The Wave needs more size and more speed.

I just don't know if Gallatin can do more with what they have. I mean, lets face it, Gallatin hasn't overachieved in years. How many times does Gallatin have a class where everybody is excited and we end up the same way...2003, 2006, 2011. Until things change, things won't change I fear. Maybe a new coach or two will help. I think the Mark Williams hire was a good one.

I know JPII is looking more heavily now than before. It has affected Hendersonville and Beech more previously, not Gallatin. Also, the concern should be about getting education paid for in college, High School is free. (More on this in response to notredame)

Agree with bolded statement. I was also excited about 2009. All good teams, unfortunately all ended in losses. What do you feel must change? I believe everyone puts in the effort to win, not expecting to lose in the playoffs. Gallatin may just not have been quit good enough. Maybe 2009 did overachieve some.

Why , hmmmmm let's see a Jp II education means a lot more

notredame, I have respect for you from our previous chat. You seem creditable to the football community.

With this said, a JPII education is a good education. A Gallatin education is a good education. The private Catholic school background may be a plus at Notre Dame or St. Mary's. As I have said, Gallatin is a great school with more academic and honors courses than any other school in the county. There are kids at Gallatin right now that came in from Merrol Hyde and JPII just for certain programs. Many are great schools in certain areas and offer different vocational studies, Gallatin offers the most. If a kid wants to apply themselves and is intelligent, they will succeed at either. Gallatin is just a broader spectrum and more diverse. Real world experience.

FYI... From their website: Class of 2011 earns over $3.9 million in Scholarships. Gallatin has 7 Advanced Placement classes, 7 Dual Enrollment classes offered for 21 hours of college credit, National Merit Scholarship semi-finalists, math contest winners, 39 faculty members with M.A. or higher, mock court team, academic teams, Model U.N., Youth Legislature, and national essay contest winners! Graduates have gone on to attend Princeton, Duke, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, M.I.T., Notre Dame, Vanderbilt University, VMI, West Point, Air Force Academy, TN. Board of Regents Schools, Washington University, George Washington University, Rhodes College, Stanford University, Dartmouth, University of the South, University of Virginia, Wake Forest, Davidson College, University of Richmond, Washington and Lee University, Samford University, and all of the SEC schools.

So I disgree with your statement. Thanks and have a good day!

not sure what to expect next year. we lose quite a bit that simply can't be replaced in only a year. beech will be loaded, hendersonville will have to replace hunter brown (no easy task), but they'll still have some solid players coming back, same thing with mt. juliet, and station camp will be improved. not sure where we will fit into that mix. i think making the playoffs would be considered a good season for us next year. given our lack of playoff success, i know he's not the most popular guy in sumner county, but i still have a tremendous amount of respect for coach lassiter, and i think he'll have our guys coached up.