Stone Memorial vs. Livingston Academy (11/29)

CASC95

was it play at Livingston and tell me some fact Wildcat fans

Yes. The game was at Livingston. Livingston was leading 68-63 with about 1 minute 15 seconds to go but Stone hit a three pointer to cut the game to 2. The Ramsey kid (#25, I believe) is good. I am not sure on his totals but the kid can shoot just about any where on the court. Both teams made a bunch of threes (12-15 at least, or it seemed like it).

Edited by CASC95

Yes. The game was at Livingston. Livingston was leading 68-63 with about 1 minute 15 seconds to go but Stone hit a three pointer to cut the game to 2. The Ramsey kid (#25, I believe) is good. I am not sure on his totals but the kid can shoot just about any where on the court. Both teams made a bunch of threes (12-15 at least, or it seemed like it).

Score was tied at 68 with 30 something seconds to go... LA had the ball. The Ramsey kid (#25) gets the ball at center court. (Probably not the one that should have been handling the ball in that situation, especially against those quick guards.) A better choice would have been Crowder. Yes, Freshman, I know, but he is a great ball handler and does a good job driving the lane to either shoot or dish off. #25 ends up loosing the ball,and LA looses on a pull up jumper by Stones #12. Stone has two of the best shooting guards in high school basketball (#5 and#12). If LA had been up by 10 with 1:15 to go, that would not have been a comfortable lead playing against those two! Tough loss for the Cats but great game to watch.

Edited by MtnDewMan

It was definitely an entertaining game. One of the themes on this thread is how well coached both teams were/are. That may be the case, but the game management by LA in the last 1:30 was pretty bad. 5 point lead and possession of the ball They had no need to be taking any shots(maybe an uncontested layup)at that stage of the game. I'm pretty sure CRM would not have lost that lead, but he is no longer around here so that is a moot point.

It was definitely an entertaining game. One of the themes on this thread is how well coached both teams were/are. That may be the case, but the game management by LA in the last 1:30 was pretty bad. 5 point lead and possession of the ball They had no need to be taking any shots(maybe an uncontested layup)at that stage of the game. I'm pretty sure CRM would not have lost that lead, but he is no longer around here so that is a moot point.

:popcorneater:

I agree, LA didn't manage the end of the game well. The Stone team seemed to have a plan of attack while LA was trying not to lose. It will definitely be a good game in a few weeks at Stone Memorial between the two. LA has a good team, but they need to execute better at the end of games.

Edited by CASC95

I have an idea LA. Let's schedule sunbright, Cumberland co. , and Macon co! Those kind of games really help you when you play a good team huh? Haven't followed the program in a few years but when Richard was there they played some tough teams during the HOF games to prepare for the tournament. The districts weak enough! Play someone strong. Instead of worrying about getting a W how bout play someone good and take a L if it comes to that. You learn nothing and gain nothing by playing such weak teams.