Tri-County Seven

coachh17

I just saw the Elizabethton/Hampton game this week. I have no changes in my rankings:

1. Unicoi Co. AA (5-1) - No reason to drop them. Host Elizabethton Tuesday in the game of the week. Lady Devils can taste a win, but will have to earn it.

2. Cloudland A (5-2) - Interesting home game Monday with South Greene. Should get easy road wins on Thursday and Friday at Johnson County and Providence Academy. I would like to see two tougher opponents on the schedule here.

3. Elizabethton AA (3-4) - Could be a very interesting week for Betsy coming off a good win at Hampton. Can they keep their streak over Unicoi Co. intact? How will they react to a loss? I hope to make it over to see this big game.

4. Hampton A (1-1) - Leaving the Lady Dogs here until Unaka or Happy Valley beat them. Scrappy effort in a home loss to Elizabethton. Guards are good, looking to develop the posts and depth. Stern home test Saturday with Unicoi Co. coming in.

5. Unaka A (3-3) - Paper said they lost badly to Central. I am not sure I believe it, but if they lost it, I have to leave them here.

6. Happy Valley AA (2-4) - Struggling with four straight losses. Hope to get well with wins over Johnson County and North this week.

7. Johnson Co. AA (1-5) - Picked up a win over Tri-Cities Christian! Brown playing well. Two tough games this week.

Edited by coachh17

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good assessment coach. Cloudland is 5-2. They lost to Wise Central, VA friday. I don't know if they won saturday or not. There is some very tough competition in Virginia. I think they Lady Landers overall play a pretty tough schedule. The only cup cakes I see are providence, Johnson Co., and University High. I would probably drop one of them since they can't drop UH. You have to have an easy game or 2 to get the younger varsity players some time.

Pretty good assessment coach. Cloudland is 5-2. They lost to Wise Central, VA friday. I don't know if they won saturday or not. There is some very tough competition in Virginia. I think they Lady Landers overall play a pretty tough schedule. The only cup cakes I see are providence, Johnson Co., and University High. I would probably drop one of them since they can't drop UH. You have to have an easy game or 2 to get the younger varsity players some time.

Dec 3rd at Va Tip-off Cloudland wins 57-34 over Patrick Henry (Glade Va.) for 3rd Place

Went up to the roan to watch this matchup last night just for the simple fact there was no games being played in this area and I must say I was impressed. Cloudland came out of the gates as hot as a pistol. Committed some silly fouls down the stretch to try to let a good freethrow shooting South Greene team make it respectible but in the end Cloudland was up by more than 30 at one point until they subbed. South Greene got in foul trouble early with their physical style of play very poor officiated game both ways by the way. South Greene just had no answer for the Rhodes girl from the get go. Cloudland is hands down one of the top 5 teams in 1 A period. And if what I heard was true over the weekend about the Mcneese girl tearing her ACL which I hope is not true it's going to be a nightmare for opponents in the WVC.

I think Cloudland's matchup with Erwin will tell more than this game did. They really are the real mccoy this year. If Cloudland can win by more than 10, it will spell largely that they have what it takes to win the gold ball. I believe they do, but they need that kind of effort every night.

Lady Devils gutted out the win tonight over Eliz. Tough, physical hard fought game. Defensive game as the score shows. Game kinda reminded me of the way these two teams played 6-8 yrs ago.

Boys game wasnt close as the devils won easily.

Lady Devils need a big effort against Cloudland to win.

Coachh and sparky if you saw the game what did you think?

Lady Devils gutted out the win tonight over Eliz. Tough, physical hard fought game. Defensive game as the score shows. Game kinda reminded me of the way these two teams played 6-8 yrs ago.

Boys game wasnt close as the devils won easily.

Lady Devils need a big effort against Cloudland to win.

Coachh and sparky if you saw the game what did you think?

I didn't see or hear the game. I did read the JC Press article this morning. I have no idea how the first 30 minutes played out, but it sounds like Betsy let the game slip away in the last 2 minutes. Leading by 5 at that point, it sounds like they should have won if they knock down free throws and play a little D. Regardless, it appears that Unicoi and Betsy girls are pretty even this year. Should be a good game when the Lady Devils visit E-Town...