TWF TSSAA Div 1 Rankings Week 1 (12/5/11) Are Posted

trickk

Yes but when they get to state and wrestle against the number 1 they most liked get pinned in the first period go threw the state bracket and count how many pins the number 1 has the first 3 matches..

Gotta agree with you on this one, but only in the JV div.

In the man's division any thing can happen to the big boy of the tournament, trust me I know

Bcb iii :flower:

Gotta agree with you on this one, but only in the JV div.

In the man's division any thing can happen to the big boy of the tournament, trust me I know

Bcb iii :flower:

Yes that's true but the odds favor the rankings they may be off by a rank or to but its real odd for a nonranked person to place by the end of the year.. they pretty much know who will place by season record..

Losing should not move you up in the rankings. A loss is a loss.

Yes but it should give a person the idea to be ranked on how well they do against the number 1 wrestler in your weight class do the math look at brackets and you choose for yourself if you have A B and C if A pins B in the first period And A beats C 11-7 you have a feeling C will beat B in some form.. so do the math

Knox did a great job wrestling Bailey, and when I saw it I certainly looked into him. He went 1-2 at the state tournament last year, both losses coming to kids that didn't place. Also, he lost to #5 Jones as well as Bailey already this year. Not saying Knox is not a podium caliber wrestler, because he may very well be, but I am not going to place him as a contender on the ability to wrestle a close match.

Josh Bosken

Yes but it should give a person the idea to be ranked on how well they do against the number 1 wrestler in your weight class do the math look at brackets and you choose for yourself if you have A B and C if A pins B in the first period And A beats C 11-7 you have a feeling C will beat B in some form.. so do the math

You have got to be kidding me? It is not a math equation. Styles make matchups much differently.Let us take a look at last years state tournament shall we? Lets just use 145 as an example. Josue Brown only beat Diaz from Walker Valley by a score of 5-3. In the finals, Josue wins 7-3... is Diaz better than the kid in the finals? No but his style matched up well enough so it was difficult matchup for Josue. You cant just make assumptions based off what the score of the match would be.

Knox did a great job wrestling Bailey, and when I saw it I certainly looked into him. He went 1-2 at the state tournament last year, both losses coming to kids that didn't place. Also, he lost to #5 Jones as well as Bailey already this year. Not saying Knox is not a podium caliber wrestler, because he may very well be, but I am not going to place him as a contender on the ability to wrestle a close match.

Josh Bosken

Well that is a better reason on y he is not ranked but at the end of the season I will not be surprised to see him with a medal around his neck.. also what was the score of the jones match just wondering

Edited by cougars130

You have got to be kidding me? It is not a math equation. Styles make matchups much differently.Let us take a look at last years state tournament shall we? Lets just use 145 as an example. Josue Brown only beat Diaz from Walker Valley by a score of 5-3. In the finals, Josue wins 7-3... is Diaz better than the kid in the finals? No but his style matched up well enough so it was difficult matchup for Josue. You cant just make assumptions based off what the score of the match would be.

Put him in the same bracket and I say he is better then the other kid I did not say he was better I just said he should be in the mind of whoever does the rankings.. don't get my words confused but I believe that's how seedings work for a tournament. Right or wrong. Its just not based on your record or its by how well u do against other wrestlers win or loss..

Edited by cougars130

Put him in the same bracket and I say he is better then the other kid I did not say he was better I just said he should be in the mind of whoever does the rankings.. don't get my words confused but I believe that's how seedings work for a tournament. Right or wrong. Its just not based on your record or its by how well u do against other wrestlers win or loss..

Who cares, they're rankings. What does it matter if hes on there or not? I would much rather have the opportunity that Knox just had at wrestling the top kid in the state at his weight from, historically, the best D1 school in the state and come away with a close loss like that, be able to learn a ton from it, and still stay under the radar. THAT is better than being included in a list of names on a website. Sometimes it puts a target on your back....

WG

Who cares, they're rankings. What does it matter if hes on there or not? I would much rather have the opportunity that Knox just had at wrestling the top kid in the state at his weight from, historically, the best D1 school in the state and come away with a close loss like that, be able to learn a ton from it, and still stay under the radar. THAT is better than being included in a list of names on a website. Sometimes it puts a target on your back....

WG

It would seem that u care or you would not respond its funny to me how ppl take what other write and take it personal I asked a question and it was answered by the person who makes the rankings if u did not care about who was ranked you would not even be looking at these post so you do care.. and most of the ppl who give their opinions have wrestled in the past so we knw about target on your back.. we are not moons at the sport...