TWF TSSAA Div 1 Rankings Week 1 (12/5/11) Are Posted

trickk

have you ever wrestled????? :unsure:

Umm yes I would not post anything if have never wrestled so what I say does makes sense to ppl who are still wrestling how do u think wrestlers think or watch how they wrestle other ppl if person A pins person C and B beats person C just by points person A has a mind set that they can beat person B by points so that's the same thing im saying even with a loss to the #1 ranked kid by 4 points and not even be thought of in the rankings you tell me .. if he is not good enuff to be ranked then he should have been pinned in the first period or at least beat by tech fall

Edited by cougars130

Umm yes I would not post anything if have never wrestled so what I say does makes sense to ppl who are still wrestling how do u think wrestlers think or watch how they wrestle other ppl if person A pins person C and B beats person C just by points person A has a mind set that they can beat person B by points so that's the same thing im saying even with a loss to the #1 ranked kid by 4 points and not even be thought of in the rankings you tell me .. if he is not good enuff to be ranked then he should have been pinned in the first period or at least beat by tech fall

If a unranked wrestler "Beats" a ranked wrestler he should either move up

or the ranked wrestler moved off. Did your friend beat a ranked wrestler?

If a unranked wrestler "Beats" a ranked wrestler he should either move up

or the ranked wrestler moved off. Did your friend beat a ranked wrestler?

I dnt wrestle anymore I just try and keep up with kids are doing at my old school he lost to the number 1 ranked kid by 3 points and he lost to the number 5 by 1 it was 8-11 then 4-5 and the number 1 just got murdered 11 - 3 or something like that..

I dnt wrestle anymore I just try and keep up with kids are doing at my old school he lost to the number 1 ranked kid by 3 points and he lost to the number 5 by 1 it was 8-11 then 4-5 and the number 1 just got murdered 11 - 3 or something like that..

Looks like your friend has a chance of beating a ranked wrestler in the future

and getting added to the list?? If it was me, I would have to adjust the number 1

guy down and make sure that whoever beat him 11-3 was ranked ahead of him.

Trick,

Gotta watch those Wildcats. Eddie Small of Wilson Central

beat Sommers of Blackman on 12-8.

So true about WC!

Eddie along with several others at WC are showing us a transformation from last season to this year! He also gave a Bradley wrestler a match I heard recently. As far as the exibition at the end, I didn't know they were officially keeping score, especially when (that was a tssaa ref?) A stalemate was called stalling in neutral position on the wrestler holding a single against an impressive sprawl which tied the score for OT ending I thought 8-6? Never the less, excellent match for WC,,,, but our freshman & sophomores showed us something, especially Garrison(45) and Sells (52). Watch these two and one of their amazing backups looking to break into the lineup. Future State Champs! :)

• Upvote 2

How come on D2 rankings u don't fill out the top 6 in each weight class .. yo me that's sad that to me means anyone can place at least 5th or 6th at state don't I wish I did not have to work for the chance to make it to state nope not really I feel its a better accomplishment to work for it then just given the chance I guess that's what u get when u pay to play..

How come on D2 rankings u don't fill out the top 6 in each weight class .. yo me that's sad that to me means anyone can place at least 5th or 6th at state don't I wish I did not have to work for the chance to make it to state nope not really I feel its a better accomplishment to work for it then just given the chance I guess that's what u get when u pay to play..

This is due to many people playing other sports such as football or baseball and they recieve scholarships so they do not wrestle and work on that sport to better their college careers. THis is part of the reason why rankings come out later for D2, football players at bigger schools are in championships and arent certifying or wont because of scholarships. As for the lower weights, they don't rank all the top 6 because they don't have enough competition to rank them ahead or behind people. As for the 8th graders that go to schools with joint admin. they can wrestle their 8th grade year but rarely find the Varsity lineup due to the more experience upperclassmen. so when you find one they will be studs in the making.

Just because we dont fill all 6 spots doesnt mean there areent good wrestlers their. we just havent seen them yet...

Yea, DII kids may have an easier road to state, but at least we do not use gigantic run-on sentences....

Coaches also don't send in stuff to people who do rankings... Rankings aren't official anyways based on opinion. There may not be as many schools but head to head I think d2 would come out on top.. if u also look at kids who go on to wrestle in college d2 produces way more than d1 and it has nothing to do with them being in smaller brackets at state....