TWF TSSAA Div 1 Rankings Week 1 (12/5/11) Are Posted

trickk

Who cares, they're rankings. What does it matter if hes on there or not? I would much rather have the opportunity that Knox just had at wrestling the top kid in the state at his weight from, historically, the best D1 school in the state and come away with a close loss like that, be able to learn a ton from it, and still stay under the radar. THAT is better than being included in a list of names on a website. Sometimes it puts a target on your back....

WG

Now you know I love you like a son, but I gotsta call bull sheet on the "who cares "

If say a kid from I don't know say independence, say, I don't know, that Little kid , was not ranked this year, you would be having a hissy fit.

Just saying.....

Bcb iii :flower:

Who cares, they're rankings. What does it matter if hes on there or not? I would much rather have the opportunity that Knox just had at wrestling the top kid in the state at his weight from, historically, the best D1 school in the state and come away with a close loss like that, be able to learn a ton from it, and still stay under the radar. THAT is better than being included in a list of names on a website. Sometimes it puts a target on your back....

WG

Who in gods name are you trying to fool with the line "who cares". If your Little brother was not ranked you would be down at the State Capital with your own Occupy Wrestling. If you want to occupy something occuoy the truth, you would be madder the a wet hen if your Little brother was not ranked. Just remember they threw rocks at Jesus and he told the truth too.

Edited by rasslinlite

Who in gods name are you trying to fool with the line "who cares". If your Little brother was not ranked you would be down at the State Capital with your own Occupy Wrestling. If you want to occupy something occuoy the truth, you would be madder the a wet hen if your Little brother was not ranked. Just remember they thew rocks at Jesus and he told the truth too.

Invoking the Jesus reference on here.....classic! Overdone, but classic.

Gotta agree with you on this one, but only in the JV div.

In the man's division any thing can happen to the big boy of the tournament, trust me I know

Bcb iii,

To correct, remember the "man's division", D1, is the division with greater parity though few wrestlers end up being great (see last 10 years of college results and head to head matchups of champions e.g. last year's 17-4 beat down 30 days before the state championship of a D1 state champ by a D2 guy). As a result, the post you were responding to did have faulty logic claiming that a close match with the D1 state champ should result in ranking criteria. Likely a bunch of other good (not great) "man's division" wrestlers could probably wrestle close matches with the state champ. If this were a D2 wrestler that had a close match with a D2 state champ, that would likely be worthy of ranking criteria due to the greater accomplishment and lesser parity in D2.

So we are in agreement with the conclusion, just not the logic to get there.

Bcb iii,

To correct, remember the "man's division", D1, is the division with greater parity though few wrestlers end up being great (see last 10 years of college results and head to head matchups of champions e.g. last year's 17-4 beat down 30 days before the state championship of a D1 state champ by a D2 guy). As a result, the post you were responding to did have faulty logic claiming that a close match with the D1 state champ should result in ranking criteria. Likely a bunch of other good (not great) "man's division" wrestlers could probably wrestle close matches with the state champ. If this were a D2 wrestler that had a close match with a D2 state champ, that would likely be worthy of ranking criteria due to the greater accomplishment and lesser parity in D2.

So we are in agreement with the conclusion, just not the logic to get there.

This is where we differ, besides the obvious of when We step out of the shower, I think you don't have to rassle in College to be consider a great Champion.

Maybe great high school rasslers choose to enjoy College or many end up having to go to work to support their children.

All this old man knows, is that you are more likely to get that arse tattooed in an early round of the TARZAN div, than the Jane Hathaway div..

In closing, for every one beat down that you can come up with, I got 17.6

I will be at Soddy By Goddddd filming this match, and later in the week i'll give you a semi-intellegent thought, just one.......

I do recall that beat down that you wrote of, I spoke with the fine young man that took the beat down, and apparently he had minor surgery the morning of the match. He made no excuses, said your boy was good, but felt his brother really needed his kidney.

Edited by bear cat brown

This is where we differ, besides the obvious of when We step out of the shower, I think you don't have to rassle in College to be consider a great Champion.

Maybe great high school rasslers choose to enjoy College or many end up having to go to work to support their children.

All this old man knows, is that you are more likely to get that arse tattooed in an early round of the TARZAN div, than the Jane Hathaway div..

I will be at Soddy By Goddddd filming this match, and later in the week i'll give you a semi-intellegent thought, just one.......

I do recall that beat down that you wrote of, I spoke with the fine young man that took the beat down, and apparently he had minor surgery the morning of the match. He made no excuses, said your boy was good, but felt his brother really needed his kidney.

I think I remember an event where a SD wrestler (and eventual state champ) and a D 2 state champ (eventual 4 time champ and eventual NCAA Champ) met and the outcome was to the Div. 1 wrestler. Where is the "logic" in that. The answer is there is no logic to it, it is wrestling.

Just when I think they wasted that 6 million rebuilding you,,,you go and say something so profound that it makes me proud to know you! On a less serious note,,,I'm proud to know you never settle for a hand-shake,,,not sure who enjoys our hugs more,,,all I can say is it defines,,,Win Win!

CC,,,sends...

Have to confess the kidney part was good....though the rest is hyperbole. If you like the color gold...you're in the right division, but if you like other colors the pay to play division is the right choice..both you and I have a collection of those other colors!

Yes but it should give a person the idea to be ranked on how well they do against the number 1 wrestler in your weight class do the math look at brackets and you choose for yourself if you have A B and C if A pins B in the first period And A beats C 11-7 you have a feeling C will beat B in some form.. so do the math

have you ever wrestled????? :unsure: