Single A Softball Talk Please!

richlandraiderdad

Need some softball talk, getting into winter and I am so ready to get started..

Predictions, favorites, thoughts?

Can Riverside repeat or did they lose too much (P, SS, OF)?

Can Grace Baptist return without Walker?

Coalfield and Fadnek got enough?

Does Trinity Christian(Renfro)run end?

will Gordonsville take over with (Jennings)

Will Houston County return or East Robertson take Division..

Can Summertown or Forrest make a run?

What about Marion or Unaka?

Other A teams not mention?

I predict Richland to make long awaited visit to Murfreesboro.. Lost two seniors last year, and replaced them with Patetrson (SIU commit)at SS and a large freshman class.. Returning senior McGill will be signing with Wallace St. in Jan. Edwards (Pitcher) & Parker ©had a great summer of travel finishing runner-up at ASA Nationals. Last State Title for Richland was in 1979 for Richland in softball. Coach Annette Edwards was on the team and Coach Coble was the coach 33 years ago...

I predict Richland to make long awaited visit to Murfreesboro.. Lost two seniors last year, and replaced them with Patetrson (SIU commit)at SS and a large freshman class.. Returning senior McGill will be signing with Wallace St. in Jan. Edwards (Pitcher) & Parker ©had a great summer of travel finishing runner-up at ASA Nationals. Last State Title for Richland was in 1979 for Richland in softball. Coach Annette Edwards was on the team and Coach Coble was the coach 33 years ago...

Gordonsville had their shot last year because I don't think FCS will be that down 2 years in a row. They'll give FCS all they want but in the end FCS will win region 4. Gordonsville should get 2nd again but look for RBS and TC to compete somewhat with them.

Marion lost 4 seniors... Richards (P) and Henderson (3rd), both signed with Chattanooga State and will be sorely missed as will McClendon (2nd) while the other senior only played sparingly. However, the cupboard is far from bare. They have a really good group of juniors and seniors to go with sophomore pitching transfer Erica O'Kane from Signal Mountain and great bunch of freshmen. I look for it to be a Marion/Grace battle once again in the region and we could very well see both in the Boro again...

Marion lost 4 seniors... Richards (P) and Henderson (3rd), both signed with Chattanooga State and will be sorely missed as will McClendon (2nd) while the other senior only played sparingly. However, the cupboard is far from bare. They have a really good group of juniors and seniors to go with sophomore pitching transfer Erica O'Kane from Signal Mountain and great bunch of freshmen. I look for it to be a Marion/Grace battle once again in the region and we could very well see both in the Boro again...

I can't see any local "single A" teams challenging Marion County. They have the bats and pitching to have another successful year. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

As far as Unaka goes they lost alot of kids off of last years team. I do know that they lost a pretty good catcher in Mccinturf to Chatt State,Their #2 pitcher Huskins to Milligan College and their # 1 pitcher Anderews who I am not sure if she is playing college ball or not. I know Walter State was looking at her but not sure if it fell through or what happened. But they did lost about 85 to 90 percent of their power at the plate,And some very good defensive weapons as well. University High returns mostly every starter back including their ace,Not sure of her name but when she is on they are a very tough ball club. Almost every starter returns for them as well,Because I know last year they were very young.Cloudland returns every starter from last years team finishing 3rd in the conference behind Unaka and University High,Those will be your top 3 teams out of District 1A.

As far as Unaka goes they lost alot of kids off of last years team. I do know that they lost a pretty good catcher in Mccinturf to Chatt State,Their #2 pitcher Huskins to Milligan College and their # 1 pitcher Anderews who I am not sure if she is playing college ball or not. I know Walter State was looking at her but not sure if it fell through or what happened. But they did lost about 85 to 90 percent of their power at the plate,And some very good defensive weapons as well. University High returns mostly every starter back including their ace,Not sure of her name but when she is on they are a very tough ball club. Almost every starter returns for them as well,Because I know last year they were very young.Cloudland returns every starter from last years team finishing 3rd in the conference behind Unaka and University High,Those will be your top 3 teams out of District 1A.

Haley Faulkner is the pitcher at University High. She will be a Junior. I think there are only a couple of seniors so most of the girls will be back for 2013 too.

What does last years state champs have returning this year?

Also how much does Marion County have coming back this year?

Marion has 6 starters returning plus they gained a pitcher in Signal Mountain transfer Erica O'Kane. She will help fill the void left by Richards, who signed with Chattanooga State. They will be very good. Most of these girls played together on the Jasper Thrashers up until they were 14 years old so there is a lot of chemistry there as well. I look for them to be back in the Boro again come May.

Cornersville lost Fagan the stud pitcher, and a heck of a power hitting catcher in Dalton. This year teams starts with Hopkins as the senior, but coming off bad knee injury, but a couple of more months should be back to normal.. They have strong class of Juniors that will fill out the infield. Pitching will most likely come from sophomore Wolaver and 3-4 time transfer Hasty. I think they will finish 3rd in the district behind Columbia Academey but not surprised if they are ahead of CA. As for coaching I think Crabtree and Wortham, adds some fresh blood to Cornersville and will keep up with tradition of Cornersville softball.