Single A Softball Talk Please!

richlandraiderdad

Marion has 6 starters returning plus they gained a pitcher in Signal Mountain transfer Erica O'Kane. She will help fill the void left by Richards, who signed with Chattanooga State. They will be very good. Most of these girls played together on the Jasper Thrashers up until they were 14 years old so there is a lot of chemistry there as well. I look for them to be back in the Boro again come May.

Marion has 6 starters returning plus they gained a pitcher in Signal Mountain transfer Erica O'Kane. She will help fill the void left by Richards, who signed with Chattanooga State. They will be very good. Most of these girls played together on the Jasper Thrashers up until they were 14 years old so there is a lot of chemistry there as well. I look for them to be back in the Boro again come May.

Decatur County Riverside lost some great talent but they gained some great talent with the incoming Freshman class, I hear the Linton girl is good. Also, they had 2 freshman last year that was in the starting line up. One has already hit several homeruns and can play multiple positions well. The other is a flawless 2nd baseman and can also power hit. One of the pitchers is back that pitched in state tourney last year, I think she's a senior, This team should be a good one again this year.

Cornersville lost Fagan the stud pitcher, and a heck of a power hitting catcher in Dalton. This year teams starts with Hopkins as the senior, but coming off bad knee injury, but a couple of more months should be back to normal.. They have strong class of Juniors that will fill out the infield. Pitching will most likely come from sophomore Wolaver and 3-4 time transfer Hasty. I think they will finish 3rd in the district behind Columbia Academey but not surprised if they are ahead of CA. As for coaching I think Crabtree and Wortham, adds some fresh blood to Cornersville and will keep up with tradition of Cornersville softball.

How do you see all of district 11?

Decatur County Riverside lost some great talent but they gained some great talent with the incoming Freshman class, I hear the Linton girl is good. Also, they had 2 freshman last year that was in the starting line up. One has already hit several homeruns and can play multiple positions well. The other is a flawless 2nd baseman and can also power hit. One of the pitchers is back that pitched in state tourney last year, I think she's a senior, This team should be a good one again this year.

South Fulton will be back at the 'Boro this spring. Look for Coach Lee and the girls to win it all !

No doubt Richland will be good this year. Not real sure what happened with Houston Co. last year but they will be good. Been hearing down at the truckstop that some of them lady bulldogs from Cornersville been working hard all winter long. That truck driver told me that they may not win but they will be stronger and faster than years past. He said that Hopkins/Wolaver would be just fine on that mound that has that downward slope and that the hitting would be just as strong as it was last year. He said the defense is all returning. That truck driver also mentioned (as he walked back to his truck) that 3-4 time transfer Hasty would be playing at Giles county this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want to speak too soon, but from what I've seen of South Pittsburg I'm going to say they at least won't finish last. Carmen Wooden is still one of the best pitchers around, and last night's 20-9 whooping of Sale Creek showed we definitely have some bats. I look for the girls to do much better than in years past.

What does last years state champs have returning this year?

Also how much does Marion County have coming back this year?

Riverside lost the left side of the infield and a really good left fielder and pitcher. Reloaded every where pretty much tho. Still have an ace. Only question is the no 2 pitcher but so far whoever they've put there has done a really good job. Should be looking to make another run. Only 2 seniors this year so looks like a good three year stretch if things go right.

Riverside lost the left side of the infield and a really good left fielder and pitcher. Reloaded every where pretty much tho. Still have an ace. Only question is the no 2 pitcher but so far whoever they've put there has done a really good job. Should be looking to make another run. Only 2 seniors this year so looks like a good three year stretch if things go right.

Riverside is a really hot team right now. They have won two separate early season tournaments and their top 5 or 6 hitters in the lineup are killing the ball. I expect Riverside to make another run to the state tournament but they will be tested.