The new top 10

bear cat brown

With the TBSFMAW rebuilding, and TBSFBAG having some poo poo luck, this is only going to be a 4 team poll.

4..... Cleveland.. I believe they had 4 starters out in the Cleveland duals, and it showed. Not sure they wont be the 2nd best at the end of the year.

3.... The Purple Team. They will win the JV div at the end of the year but for now they gotta be 3, cause I would look like to much of a homer if I put them at 2.

2..... The team from out west.. Was impressed with this team and their coach. On Friday nite, can't remember the rassler, but one of his boys forgot to go shake the hand of The Man from Rio Grande , Coach Henry. Ttfow coach got on the lad and I bet that won't happen again, atta boy coach.

1. Soddy By Goddddd.. When you beat Ttfow, the purple team and pope then lose a match that if coach Henry wanted to win, could have, but instead he chose a great match up for the fans, how can you not be the best in the land?

Bcb iii :flower:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the TBSFMAW rebuilding, and TBSFBAG having some poo poo luck, this is only going to be a 4 team poll.

4..... Cleveland.. I believe they had 4 starters out in the Cleveland duals, and it showed. Not sure they wont be the 2nd best at the end of the year.

3.... The Purple Team. They will win the JV div at the end of the year but for now they gotta be 3, cause I would look like to much of a homer if I put them at 2.

2..... The team from out west.. Was impressed with this team and their coach. On Friday nite, can't remember the rassler, but one of his boys forgot to go shake the hand of The Man from Rio Grande , Coach Henry. Ttfow coach got on the lad and I bet that won't happen again, atta boy coach.

1. Soddy By Goddddd.. When you beat Ttfow, the purple team and pope then lose a match that if coach Henry wanted to win, could have, but instead he chose a great match up for the fans, how can you not be the best in the land?

Wow, still not giving them credit huh? If you beat the #1 team, sorry to tell you but that makes you the #1. Not saying if they wrestled 10 more matches, that the scores wouldn't go back and forth, but for now, The team from out west, or as you like to say in the JV division, stood up and got the job done when it counted. Guess being JV isn't so bad any more. :)

..o well best part of sport is leaving it on the mat

I disagree, the best thing about this sport is when mommies get excited while watching their babies..

Two legs, the coach from ttfow even said that he got to rest a rassler while Soddy By Godddd rassled a tuff team from Pope...

Come on, take off those glasses or put down the pipe. Even with your limited knowledge of the sport, surely you can see that Soddy By Godddd had a wayyyyyyyy harder day than Ttfow .

I gave your team and coach credit...Got them ranked ahead of the best JV team in the state

I disagree, the best thing about this sport is when mommies get excited while watching their babies..

Two legs, the coach from ttfow even said that he got to rest a rassler while Soddy By Godddd rassled a tuff team from Pope...

Come on, take off those glasses or put down the pipe. Even with your limited knowledge of the sport, surely you can see that Soddy By Godddd had a wayyyyyyyy harder day than Ttfow .

I gave your team and coach credit...Got them ranked ahead of the best JV team in the state

but having a stacked team also means having the backups that can still do the job and thats what ttfow has. If soddy wanted to and could, they should've. If your the number 1 team you should have the number 1 lineup and the number one backups to fill in. Just saying.

Well, hopefully the Bros will hold the number 1 spot due to beating Soddy on Saturday night with a little room to spare. It would be historic, as no team from the West has ever been ranked #1. Either way, Soddy was off to an even better start on Saturday against CBHS by taking the heavyweight match back that they lost on Friday night. Soddy appeared to be highly motivated, well coached, and intent on winning the Cleveland duals. (BCB, to imply otherwise, which you have, is an insult to them and their program.) The Brothers were just not to be denied last night--starting with KB being up 5-1 in the third and then getting the pin over a very tough competitor in Turbo Smith, 5 straight wins including Barrett Walthall over Blake Henry and bonus points by Brandon Hataway and Michael Isom, where these had just been decisions on Friday night. It was a great performance--too bad you missed it.

Edited by smwwrest

Well, hopefully the Bros will hold the number 1 spot due to beating Soddy on Saturday night with a little room to spare. It would be historic, as no team from the West has ever been ranked #1. Either way, Soddy was off to an even better start on Saturday against CBHS by taking the heavyweight match back that they lost on Friday night. Soddy appeared to be highly motivated, well coached, and intent on winning the Cleveland duals. BCB, to imply otherwise, which you have, is an insult to them and their program. The Brothers were just not to be denied last night--starting with KB being up 5-1 in the third and then getting the pin over a very tough competitor in Turbo Smith, 5 straight wins including Barrett Walthall over Blake Henry and bonus points by Brandon Hataway and Michael Isom, where these had just been decisions on Friday night. It was a great performance--too bad you missed it.

It does suck that i missed it, but it was well worth it when i saw they won. No matter how much of a rivalry someone has, it is always a great day to see some upsets like this was. I am proud to be from WTN and having the Bros up there. I just wish more opportunites would be shared with outher WTN schools.

Will agree with you on two points

1) Watching the mommies is always fun (for some reason, wrestling always has the best moms)

2) Soddy had a harder path

But, all that aside, it doesn't matter. When on a neutral mat, the better team came out on top. Bottom line. You can't deny who won that one. And with ALL OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE, surely you can see that.

OH, and can I add this. In the past year, SD and CBHS have met 3 times. And, if I can add correctly, I do believe the score is 2-1. And 2-0 on neutral mats. So at this point, there is no way you can say CBHS isn't #1 right now. Might change, but we may never find that out

Go JV. Sure does stink when the little brothers beat up the older brother. :)

Seems to me like CB was able to tie the season series with a win on Saturday night. They lost one and then they won one. Pretty good weekend for the travel team!

What I really enjoyed was the Cleveland routine before every wrestler was allowed onto the mat! Back rub, butt smack and low fives, while the other wrestler is on the mat waiting to get down to business.

It's tough to say who #1 will be. CBHS has a great team, i love those kids. Soddy beat CBHS on Friday, and then on Saturday beat Father Ryan in a tough match, then had to wrestle Pope who is #1 in Georgia 4A, which they beat by 1 point. Right after that they had CBHS. I dont care who you are its gonna be tough to go through all those teams in a row and win all of them. While CBHS was not tested through the day. Maybe the coaches can get together and have a rubber match before the season is out. However, if you go by who won last then CBHS has to be #1. Depends on how the coaches that vote look at it.

We come to Cleveland to wrestle great competition, and every year, we get that opportunity. Great tournament, great match with Soddy on Friday. Atmosphere was incredibe with the music, lights, crowd, etc. The teams did not disappoint with a knock-down drag out battle. Saturday, we all had to do it again. Soddy and Cleveland have great teams, coaches and wrestlers. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to get know Steve Henry when we were at Senior Nationals back in '07, what a great coach and friend, ditto with Eric Phillips, great coach, friend and competitor. The fact that we have developed a little rivalry between us being 400 miles away is awesome. Look forward to battling it out in the future. This weekend will mean little if all of us don't use it to get better and to learn from. What is the old saying, "Iron sharpens iron"? No one was State Tournament ready, and we will all gladly trade any win or loss that occurred to be on top in our respective divisions at the end, if any of the teams are so fortunate to be there. The one thing that I can say is that if CBHS, Soddy, Cleveland, and Ryan wrestle, the result would probably change every time. It is going to be a great year for Tennessee wrestling. Don't forget about Baylor and Bradley lurking in the weeds as well, as well as many other teams. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck to all this season!

We come to Cleveland to wrestle great competition, and every year, we get that opportunity. Great tournament, great match with Soddy on Friday. Atmosphere was incredibe with the music, lights, crowd, etc. The teams did not disappoint with a knock-down drag out battle. Saturday, we all had to do it again. Soddy and Cleveland have great teams, coaches and wrestlers. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to get know Steve Henry when we were at Senior Nationals back in '07, what a great coach and friend, ditto with Eric Phillips, great coach, friend and competitor. The fact that we have developed a little rivalry between us being 400 miles away is awesome. Look forward to battling it out in the future. This weekend will mean little if all of us don't use it to get better and to learn from. What is the old saying, "Iron sharpens iron"? No one was State Tournament ready, and we will all gladly trade any win or loss that occurred to be on top in our respective divisions at the end, if any of the teams are so fortunate to be there. The one thing that I can say is that if CBHS, Soddy, Cleveland, and Ryan wrestle, the result would probably change every time. It is going to be a great year for Tennessee wrestling. Don't forget about Baylor and Bradley lurking in the weeds as well, as well as many other teams. The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck to all this season!

Complete Dittos!!! Because of SD's & Ryan's ability to peak in February,,, this would be an interesting final four with the Blue Raiders & The Bro's. After this, Bradley & Baylor could make some noise as well as the usual late bloomers of Peck's RW, Jordan/Artie's C-ville, and the new & upcoming Kremer/Hamm WC, Bedan's DC, the Grinder's Indy with The Wrestling God there to support almost as much as the support GA transport Phillips gets from the Boskin/Jones combo!! ;) Not to forget the steady growth of Sly's WV.

With all this said, CBHS stepped up & will only step up more as the season moves along! It will be interesting to see who all participates in GP West in Jan. with CBHS there. This Isaiah Oliver, Tate R. & Caleb B. even with the Turbo Surprise may run the table from this point on. From my personal observation, BCB's mention of "Jr. Division" seems to define what is a few D-2 teams with Jr. College level talent that is essentially a feeder program to higher schools of learning.

Now,,, To finish out the final 10-15 notables... The Hill, McCallie, MBA, Centennial, ol Hixson alum, Parker's Stone Memorial And maybe,,, if Blackman can get healthy there's still hope! The Brother's Martin Tourney will be interesting for us?!?!?

...Cookeville, H-ville, Mullin's ND with the ol BCB'S Support, Hall's Hixson Wildcats & The 70's comeback kids.... Chatt. Purple Pounders can't be overlooked either!

Edited by Sommers