Westmoreland Head Coaching Search

LeatherBalls

What is word on the street now that Coach Kelley has retired? WHo are some names being thrown around? Interesting job, no doubt. Great teaching schedule, great insurance, great pay, great support. Only negative is your not gonna get the "home run hitter". I think it is a great little job someone could build into a yearly competitor.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is word on the street now that Coach Kelley has retired? WHo are some names being thrown around? Interesting job, no doubt. Great teaching schedule, great insurance, great pay, great support. Only negative is your not gonna get the "home run hitter". I think it is a great little job someone could build into a yearly competitor.

What is the difference in pay here and other summer county schools - if it's the same, not good.

Westmoreland has such little area for students to attend there. Just a little North is KY, Portland is a little West, Lafayete is just a little East and that leaves very little land area for WM. They are trapped.

What is the difference in pay here and other summer county schools - if it's the same, not good.

The pay is the same because it's in Sumner County. There are plenty of Westmoreland alumni who are now asst. coaches at other Sumner Co. high schools that I think would be interested. I think Eagle fans have to be realistic about the expectation level as WM is not the power they were back in the 90's, and the talent depth is lacking. Tough place to win year in and year out, but if the right guy go things going he could parlay it into the next job.

If you think Sumner County pay is bad then you are a spoiled baby and have been under a rock. Look at places around Sumner Co.(And one is a gold ball haven).

The pay and situation (class schedule and administration support is good)

If you think Sumner County pay is bad then you are a spoiled baby and have been under a rock. Look at places around Sumner Co.(And one is a gold ball haven).

May be a good situation, but I would think that with the previous coach being there for so long and remaining on the faculty, the new coach will have someone "looking" over their shoulder.The article in the paper said they wanted new ideas and a fresh opinion, but the first time the new coach does not do things like Coach people will start to question him.

Wow - name calling - awesome. Metro, Williamson, and Rutherford all pay more - don't know about Montgomery or Wilson. Plus the teaching load isn't necessarily better when coaches in sumner are required to do football during their planning period. Good thing I'm not an interested candidate because apparently I'm a spoiled baby living under a rock - because I do think the pay in sumner is bad and getting worse.

Wow - name calling - awesome. Metro, Williamson, and Rutherford all pay more - don't know about Montgomery or Wilson. Plus the teaching load isn't necessarily better when coaches in sumner are required to do football during their planning period. Good thing I'm not an interested candidate because apparently I'm a spoiled baby living under a rock - because I do think the pay in sumner is bad and getting worse.

Didn't mean to be name calling. I just was trying to make a point. Williamson pay is better but Rutherford I don't think it is ahead and if so, not by much. Kelley taught one block of Wellness, Planning, Supervision (Lunch duty with Asst. Principal), and football. Practice starting at 1:45? All kids lift during school day,and 85% of family insurance plan paid. Be the head JV coach and your supplement is approaching 20%. I know a county with worse. A man could make $15,000 more at least than our county. Have a good practice and be home at 6:00 for dinner sounds like a winner!

Didn't mean to be name calling. I just was trying to make a point. Williamson pay is better but Rutherford I don't think it is ahead and if so, not by much. Kelley taught one block of Wellness, Planning, Supervision (Lunch duty with Asst. Principal), and football. Practice starting at 1:45? All kids lift during school day,and 85% of family insurance plan paid. Be the head JV coach and your supplement is approaching 20%. I know a county with worse. A man could make $15,000 more at least than our county. Have a good practice and be home at 6:00 for dinner sounds like a winner!

Oh I forgot, you could be the defensive coordinator and teach four classes (2 90 minute and 2 45 minute) with only a 45 minute planning while the other 45 minutes is mandatory tutoring. Hey, and still win lots of games and championships.

Also, what do you mean by Sumner pay getting worse? They can't take away from salary.