Top Ten in the state AAA

Guest KYcat

Who are the Top Ten in the state in the AAA class?

In no order:

Memphis Central

Riverdale

Science Hill

Clarkville

Mt.Juliet

Memphis Overton

Blackman

Lawrence County

Station Camp

Morristown East

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta add Science Hill....to top four...

Well, I'll say this... I'm not going to say Science Hill is not in the top 4, however Memphis Central has ATLEAST 4 D1 players on their team. Riverdale has one of the best post players in the state to go along with the best Sophomore in the state as well as some other good guard play. Clarksville has Bashaara Graves, enough said right there. And Mount Juliet just took Riverdale down to the wire last week. I'm not going to say Science Hill isn't top 4, but my opinion is that they're not.

Well you may be right GCPioneer but Science Hill did beat Clarksville with Bashaara Graves last year in the state quarter-finals. They also took Memphis Central down to the last minute in the state semi-finals. With 7 of their top 10 returning (and no seniors this year) I believe Science Hill has earned their way into the conversation of top 4 teams in the state this year. Time will tell as each team proceeds through their season. The only negative I can see for Science Hill is the level of competition each night is not as strong as it is in middle Tennessee.

Well you may be right GCPioneer but Science Hill did beat Clarksville with Bashaara Graves last year in the state quarter-finals. They also took Memphis Central down to the last minute in the state semi-finals. With 7 of their top 10 returning (and no seniors this year) I believe Science Hill has earned their way into the conversation of top 4 teams in the state this year. Time will tell as each team proceeds through their season. The only negative I can see for Science Hill is the level of competition each night is not as strong as it is in middle Tennessee.

Yea, I didn't think about Science Hill beating them last year and I was even at that game. You do make a good point there. And in all honesty, Science Hill's schedule is a litte stronger than Clarksville's. They won't be challenged at all during the regular season. Science Hill does have every right to be mentioned in the top 4.

Well, I'll say this... I'm not going to say Science Hill is not in the top 4, however Memphis Central has ATLEAST 4 D1 players on their team. Riverdale has one of the best post players in the state to go along with the best Sophomore in the state as well as some other good guard play. Clarksville has Bashaara Graves, enough said right there. And Mount Juliet just took Riverdale down to the wire last week. I'm not going to say Science Hill isn't top 4, but my opinion is that they're not.

Science Hill will have, when its said and done from their sophs and jrs. 3 or 4 d-1 players sign. Maybe not GA, LSU, GT, UT and the likes but d-1 none the less. They have a soph PG who is the real deal.

Science Hill will have, when its said and done from their sophs and jrs. 3 or 4 d-1 players sign. Maybe not GA, LSU, GT, UT and the likes but d-1 none the less. They have a soph PG who is the real deal.

I predict SH will contend for the state title this year and next year...with next year being their best shot at winning it all. They will cakewalk their way to the state tourney the next two years with little or no competition for them in the east.