Maryville QB Patton Robinette To Enroll At Vanderbilt Tomorrow

pking34

Eric Gordon's pick 6 is why Dooley didn't get fired this year- fact. You lose to Vandy and Ky back to back and he was fired and you know it. Gordon beat Quarles as well in 08 just to rub it in a little. Vandy was at a bowl game while UT players were sulking- fact. Dooley gets fired next year because your QB is immature and overrated. Your stud receiver is a cancer on the team. Zero SEC caliber running backs in Knoxville. Defense will be good with Sunseri but they weren't that bad last year.

Might want to look up the definition of the word FACT. Number 1 is not a FACT it is what someone would like to call an OPINION. Here is a FACT for you since UT is in the SEC then the RB's at UT are SEC caliber RB's. Hope you know the difference between a FACT and OPINION now! :thumb:

Might want to look up the definition of the word FACT. Number 1 is not a FACT it is what someone would like to call an OPINION. Here is a FACT for you since UT is in the SEC then the RB's at UT are SEC caliber RB's. Hope you know the difference between a FACT and OPINION now! :thumb:

Thanks for the education Swipes. Your RB wouldn't start for any SEC school with the exception of KY who beat you. Everything i said is true and all Vol fans know it to be true. Fulmer would still be your coach if Butch Davis wouldn't have said he would take the job before pulling out at the last minute.... is this an opinion of mine or is it a fact?

You know, I didn't post this up to start a Vanderbilt v. UT "woofing contest"----- just pleased that a great player who is also exemplary in every other way is going to get to play his college career instate. That's a "feel good" story to me.

So here's my advice to both sides:

TO THE VANDERBILT FANS- Vanderbilt has a lot to be pleased about in every area in James Franklin's first year--- but any gloating about the Dooley regime's struggles (whether real or just perceived) in Knoxville probably ought to wait until after the CJF VU regime GETS AT LEAST ONE VICTORY AGAINST THEM. Right now, the on-field bragging rights still reside in Knoxville, as close as that game may have been.

TO THE TENNESSEE FANS- NO FOOTBALL CONDITION IS FOREVER, and a top-notch coaching staff with full support from their administration can change a football program's fortunes in a hurry. In my lifetime, Miami (FL), a private school very similar to VU, had a mediocre-to-bad football program until they hired Howard Schnellenberger. Kansas State was AWFUL till they hired Bill Snyder, and Florida State was bad until they hired Bobby Bowden. And some of the current football paradises????? For most of the early 90's, LSU was as bad as Vanderbilt. The thing that's changed the game at Vanderbilt (and some other high-academic private universities) is learning that a good football program DRAWS MORE ADMISSION APPLICATIONS (Stanford got 37,000 admission applications this year, a record by a country mile, and they credit Stanford football for this). So they see the value of spending a lot of money on football (James Franklin now makes more money than Derek Dooley, while Bobby Johnson was the SEC's lowest-paid Head Coach for virtually his entire tenure). Will this make Vanderbilt an elite SEC football program? Maybe, maybe not. But Vanderbilt isn't rolling over and playing dead anymore--- that part is very clear if you're paying attention.

Edited by pking34

Thanks for the education Swipes. Your RB wouldn't start for any SEC school with the exception of KY who beat you. Everything i said is true and all Vol fans know it to be true. Fulmer would still be your coach if Butch Davis wouldn't have said he would take the job before pulling out at the last minute.... is this an opinion of mine or is it a fact?

That would still be an opinion there buddy :thumb: . A RB is only as good as his O line. Tennessee O Line is TERRIBLE at run blocking so do I think we have SEC caliber RB's? Yes I do but that My OPINION :ph34r:

MLREB, how in the world did Austin Peay get into this talk? I know some folks at Vandy and form what I heard they are building new facilities indoor and redoing there football offices and dressing rooms, weight lifting area and more stuff too.

Now I know if one could graduate from Vandy it would be a hole lot better then from UT.

Maybe they would know how to spell "whole".

Eric Gordon's pick 6 is why Dooley didn't get fired this year- fact. You lose to Vandy and Ky back to back and he was fired and you know it. Gordon beat Quarles as well in 08 just to rub it in a little. Vandy was at a bowl game while UT players were sulking- fact. Dooley gets fired next year because your QB is immature and overrated. Your stud receiver is a cancer on the team. Zero SEC caliber running backs in Knoxville. Defense will be good with Sunseri but they weren't that bad last year.

My memory is a little fuzzy since it was way back in '08 when you had something to crow about but I thought there were 10 other guys on the field with Gorden and I don't remember GQ taking one snap.

Edited by plumb69

Hmmm. Vandy had a coach leave for Houston today. Guess he sees the writing on the wall leaving Vandy for a Conference USA school.

And no, this is not a shot at Vandy. Just a shot at a certain poster, who knows who he is.

Speaking of Vandy, Commodore head coach James Franklin offered Powell's Dy'shawn Mobley today.

Hmmm. Vandy had a coach leave for Houston today. Guess he sees the writing on the wall leaving Vandy for a Conference USA school.

And no, this is not a shot at Vandy. Just a shot at a certain poster, who knows who he is.

Speaking of Vandy, Commodore head coach James Franklin offered Powell's Dy'shawn Mobley today.

Actually, that Coach (Ricky Logo) wasn't on James Franklin's VU staff----- he had been on the Bobby Johnson/Robbie Caldwell staff. So he didn't just leave------ he's been gone for a year.

Actually, that Coach (Ricky Logo) wasn't on James Franklin's VU staff----- he had been on the Bobby Johnson/Robbie Caldwell staff. So he didn't just leave------ he's been gone for a year.

That's what I was thinking...yet didn't say/post anything until I had a chance to look that up this morning! C'mon HTV...you're a better poster/fact reporter than that!!

P.S. what do YOU "think" Mobley will decide? Kentucky? Vandy? MTSU?

That's what I was thinking...yet didn't say/post anything until I had a chance to look that up this morning! C'mon HTV...you're a better poster/fact reporter than that!!

P.S. what do YOU "think" Mobley will decide? Kentucky? Vandy? MTSU?

Kentucky...already committed.