Maryville QB Patton Robinette To Enroll At Vanderbilt Tomorrow

pking34

That's what I was thinking...yet didn't say/post anything until I had a chance to look that up this morning! C'mon HTV...you're a better poster/fact reporter than that!!

P.S. what do YOU "think" Mobley will decide? Kentucky? Vandy? MTSU?

Interesting. His Vanderbilt bio shows him at Vandy in 2011:

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/logo_rick00.html

I still believe that Mobley will end up at Kentucky. The last conversation I had with him, which was prior to the Vandy offer, he told me he was firm to UK.

I have been told that his visit to UK this past weekend went very well. I'm not sure he is going to take an official anywhere else. I know he won't this weekend, as the Powell Football banquet is this Saturday night.

Edit: After doing a more comprehensive web search, it appears that the Vandy bio wasn't totally accurate. Apparently Logo was at Furman this year. The media reports I read, and I read several of them, indicated that he was at Vandy. That said, I humbly sit corrected.

Edited by HTV

I still believe that Mobley will end up at Kentucky. The last conversation I had with him, which was prior to the Vandy offer, he told me he was firm to UK.

I have been told that his visit to UK this past weekend went very well. I'm not sure he is going to take an official anywhere else. I know he won't this weekend, as the Powell Football banquet is this Saturday night.

Edit: After doing a more comprehensive web search, it appears that the Vandy bio wasn't totally accurate. Apparently Logo was at Furman this year. The media reports I read, and I read several of them, indicated that he was at Vandy. That said, I humbly sit corrected.

No reason for embarrassment, because the Houston newspaper reporting this made the same mistake. Logo, BTW, is a very good coach-------- I believe he coached at Troy before joining the Johnson VU staff. Poorly researched journalism makes us all believe things that ain't so.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in the previous pages (I'm too lazy to look through them), but why isn't Tennessee interested in Mobley? He's heads above another Knoxville player that Tennessee offered, and that other midget back the Vols offered. Borque won't be a quality running back at Tennessee (if he even comes). I think Mobley is better than anyone presently on Tennessee's roster. It just doesn't make sence what's going on at UT and it's upsetting to many of us Vol fans.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere in the previous pages (I'm too lazy to look through them), but why isn't Tennessee interested in Mobley? He's heads above another Knoxville player that Tennessee offered, and that other midget back the Vols offered. Borque won't be a quality running back at Tennessee (if he even comes). I think Mobley is better than anyone presently on Tennessee's roster. It just doesn't make sence what's going on at UT and it's upsetting to many of us Vol fans.

I'm not any kind of insider, so keep in mind that this is just stuff I picked up combing the internet. What I've read was that Dooley was unimpressed with the 40 time Mobley posted at a Vol camp (even though he's been reported to have done much better 40 times elsewhere). The only way, IMO, to evaluate an RB is "live ammo", due to the importance of field vision and instinct (there have been a lot of superb RBs that weren't straight-line fast). IMO, Mobley has a chance to be a SUPERB SEC running back. Franklin's caught on to this, even if very late in the day, but Dooley still doesn't seem to have caught on to this.

Would love to see Mobley stay in-state, but I couldn't blame him a bit if he stuck with Kentucky, who has evidently wanted him all along. We'll see.

BTW, Andrew Jelks (OL-Henry County) is now a 4-star on Unapproved Website. This gives Tennessee (I believe) 10 4-star players in the class of 2012, and every one of Tennessee's top 25 players is at least a 3-star----- Tennessee HS talent is being better recognized this year than in past years by a considerable margin.

I guess UT sees the same thing that Scout.com sees. They rank the running backs through 198th nationally, and he is below that in the 2 star, non-rated category.

As for the Vanderbilt offer, they are offering everybody. I heard on the radio the other day where they had made somewhere around 300 offers. I don't know how that compares to other schools, but they seemed to indicate that was an insane number of offers to fill 25 slots.

I guess UT sees the same thing that Scout.com sees. They rank the running backs through 198th nationally, and he is below that in the 2 star, non-rated category.

As for the Vanderbilt offer, they are offering everybody. I heard on the radio the other day where they had made somewhere around 300 offers. I don't know how that compares to other schools, but they seemed to indicate that was an insane number of offers to fill 25 slots.

When Scout does their updates Mobley will be rated higher than two stars. He is a 3 star prospect with Rivals.

Kind of hard to go along with your line of thinking when UT is taking lower rated prospects than Mobley, and given that the running back spot is such a position of need for them. I am a UT supporter (been a season ticket holder and VASF donor since 1983), but it is really hard to figure out exactly what UT's recruiting strategy is right now. It makes little sense.

That said, UK looks to be a great opportunity for Dy'shawn. He fits what they like to do with a tailback very well, and he has a chance to get on the field very early in his career at UK.

Edited by HTV

I don't care who rated him....50 stars or No stars....he's Tennessee's all-time single season rushing record holder...plain and simple! If Tennessee has someone else committed to them that they feel is better than Mobley...more power to them...I hope he too turns out well! Mobley will make a big impact wherever he lands. I for one hope it's instate rather than Kentucky!! Nonetheless, if he continues on to Lexington, I hope it is all he hoped for and more...the kid has certainly earned it up unto this point in his career! Best of luck Dyshawn!!

Rivals has Mobley as a 5.6 3-star (middle range 3-star recruit), which is, BTW, the same ranking as Patton Robinette and has him in the 20-25 region of Tennessee's top 25. Let's keep something in mind----- half of Alabama's class are 3-star players, and Alabama has the #1 rated recruiting class in the country. Don't think it's the star rating as 2 of Tennessee's 3 in-state commits are 2-stars (although one of those is a kicker).

When Scout does their updates Mobley will be rated higher than two stars. He is a 3 star prospect with Rivals.

Kind of hard to go along with your line of thinking when UT is taking lower rated prospects than Mobley, and given that the running back spot is such a position of need for them. I am a UT supporter (been a season ticket holder and VASF donor since 1983), but it is really hard to figure out exactly what UT's recruiting strategy is right now. It makes little sense.

That said, UK looks to be a great opportunity for Dy'shawn. He fits what they like to do with a tailback very well, and he has a chance to get on the field very early in his career at UK.

I've had season tickets forever and I'm a VASF & Alumni donor too, but totally agree with you about Dooley's recruiting strategy being extremely questionable. Everyone I have talked to has had rave reviews about Mobley and I think Kentucky is getting the steal of our state. I think it will bite Dooley in the butt, but he may not be around to see the full effects of yet another mistake of his.

I don't care who rated him....50 stars or No stars....he's Tennessee's all-time single season rushing record holder...plain and simple! If Tennessee has someone else committed to them that they feel is better than Mobley...more power to them...I hope he too turns out well! Mobley will make a big impact wherever he lands. I for one hope it's instate rather than Kentucky!! Nonetheless, if he continues on to Lexington, I hope it is all he hoped for and more...the kid has certainly earned it up unto this point in his career! Best of luck Dyshawn!!

I don't see any better running backs than Mobley beating on Dooley's door, yet Dooley and Chaney have insulted Mobley by telling him he's not good enough for a scholarship? Well I don't think Dooley or Chaney are good enough to coach at Tennessee either if they're that blind. It's UT's loss, not Mobley's.

I don't see any better running backs than Mobley beating on Dooley's door, yet Dooley and Chaney have insulted Mobley by telling him he's not good enough for a scholarship? Well I don't think Dooley or Chaney are good enough to coach at Tennessee either if they're that blind. It's UT's loss, not Mobley's.

Hilarious........ :roflol: