Bragg Resigns at Central. Who's is next?

Iceman76

Who will be the top candidates for this position? The team lost many seniors due to graduation and will be rebuilding with a lot of underclassmen carrying the load for this recently revived program. Bragg has been a mainstay in the program and the community for the last three years. He will be missed by the players who he had a knack of connecting with. We still believe in God, Family, School, and then Football. Good luck Coach Bragg.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be the top candidates for this position? The team lost many seniors due to graduation and will be rebuilding with a lot of underclassmen carrying the load for this recently revived program. Bragg has been a mainstay in the program and the community for the last three years. He will be missed by the players who he had a knack of connecting with. We still believe in God, Family, School, and then Football. Good luck Coach Bragg.

which central is this?

How about a Todd Hood created coach in Coach Sutherland from Springfield? Maybe it is time this county gives one of our own a chance to show what he is made of after a short leave to Christian County High School Kentucky and Springfield High Tennessee. 4 teams, 4 playoff appearances, and 1 was a state runner up game. Maybe he would be a good fit. He is from Clarksville, and lives off Purple Heart Highway. So why not see what he has learned?

There are likely several local coaches in the area that could be good fits for this program. Former CHS Head Coach Jim Snyder who is the DC at Clarksville Academy, Montgomery Central DC Larry Lepkowski, and Creekwood OC Jeff Tomlinson have been mentioned to be interested in the job. Sutherland has a lot of passion and energy for the game. Whom ever comes in will be faced with many challenges in keeping this program on the right track.

There are likely several local coaches in the area that could be good fits for this program. Former CHS Head Coach Jim Snyder who is the DC at Clarksville Academy, Montgomery Central DC Larry Lepkowski, and Creekwood OC Jeff Tomlinson have been mentioned to be interested in the job. Sutherland has a lot of passion and energy for the game. Whom ever comes in will be faced with many challenges in keeping this program on the right track.

I know that the top 3 mentioned are great coaches and would be a great addition to any school. Coach Snider did a great job at CHS and Coach Tomlinson has done many good things at CHS and at CWHS. Coach Lepkowski is a great leader and also does a great job with the JROTC Program out there and has done some great things as the DC at Central. All 3 are good men and leaders. Depending on which teaching jobs if any come open will determine a lot as to who gets the job. I know ISS will come open.

Good Luck to Central and the young men out there. If it is one of the above 3 that are mentioned then they will have a good coach. Hopefully it will be someone soon and they can get their system in place for the spring.

I think the program was going in the right direction under Bragg and his staff. With that being the case, it would be good if the school hired someone that has already been there. Out of all the names I'm hearing, Larry Lepkowski would be the best fit for the job. He knows the kids, parents and community, has worked close with Bragg as assistant head and DC. Bragg's first two seasons, the MCHS defense ranked in the top two each year for run and pass stop in the district. He's already in the building and would make the transition very easy and smooth for everyone involved.

I would be interested in this job. I currently am in the same situation that Coach Bragg was in. I teach/coach in W. Tenn. at Gibson Co. High and have been there for 2 years. I live in Dickson and come to W.Tenn. on Sundays during football season and currently on Monday mornings. I have an apt. in Humboldt during the week and go home on Fridays (Fri. afternoon or Thur. afternoon). I have 20 + years of coaching/teaching experience with 8 of that being as Head Football Coach. I have worked in some really good programs (ie. Marion Co.-2 state championships, Watertown, Mt. Pleasant, Franklin Page and Franklin High, Coffee Co., Franklin Co.), with some really good coaches (ie. Bill Price, Craig Clayton, Jackie Bennett, Alvin Palmer, Ken Colquitt, Ronnie Dugger, and others). Cunningham, Tenn. is only 20 or so miles from my house, and I would really welcome the opportunity to get back closer to home. Guess all I need to do now is get this message to the proper people at Montgomery Co. Central. Would welcome the chance to talk about it. Coach BW

• 2 weeks later...