Crawford at Brentwood no more

That's like going with Weiss because he was with belicheck or with Dooley because he was with saban - not the same thing.

No doubt. But you figure Gore will be in short list anyway because of his time at Brentwood and headcoaching experience, and I was just pointing out another strength on his resume. Especially since it seems unlikely Aydelott would leave Riverdale for Brentwood.

Crawford made this statement; “I wasn’t particularly looking for anything, but the opportunity to be in a one-school community was the overriding factor — the ability to raise funds and rally the troops, those type things, are somewhat easier. one-school community? Bradley Central is in Cleveland or did I miss something?

Crawford made this statement; “I wasn’t particularly looking for anything, but the opportunity to be in a one-school community was the overriding factor — the ability to raise funds and rally the troops, those type things, are somewhat easier. one-school community? Bradley Central is in Cleveland or did I miss something?

True, but that wasn't the one school community he was refering to. :popcorneater:

I thought that was a very interesting comment as well. Bradley Central and Walker Valley High are also in Bradley County. Now Cleveland is the only city school system high school, but Bradley is about 5 miles south on the same street and Walker Valley is about 8 miles north. And thinking it is going to be that easy may make for a rude awakening as far as that goes.

Cleveland has the atheletes to that will give him a good ground to start from, but there is more competition than he may realize, based on that statement.

Although I am saddened by Ron's departure, he leaves the Bruin program as the longest tenured- and most successful- coach in it's history. When Jack Daniel's arrived in the mid-90's, he changed a losing culture into a winning culture, which was accelerated under Crawford's tenure. They now have a program of excellence on all levels when there wasn't one pre-Daniels. This job will attract much interest from all over (like it did when Ron arrived), and it is a program that can offer the best coach available a tremendous opportunity for success. You seldom find this kind of situation- superior athletics, superior academics, good coaches at all levels, supportive administration, active and well placed parental involvement, and above all- outstanding young men who want to win and know how. Good luck Ron, Good luck Brentwood, I know you'll find a winner.

WillCo now has three premier openings at the same time.

Although I am saddened by Ron's departure, he leaves the Bruin program as the longest tenured- and most successful- coach in it's history. When Jack Daniel's arrived in the mid-90's, he changed a losing culture into a winning culture, which was accelerated under Crawford's tenure. They now have a program of excellence on all levels when there wasn't one pre-Daniels. This job will attract much interest from all over (like it did when Ron arrived), and it is a program that can offer the best coach available a tremendous opportunity for success. You seldom find this kind of situation- superior athletics, superior academics, good coaches at all levels, supportive administration, active and well placed parental involvement, and above all- outstanding young men who want to win and know how. Good luck Ron, Good luck Brentwood, I know you'll find a winner.

WillCo now has three premier openings at the same time.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, I disagree with some of it too. BA going DII is as much as what helped Brentwood and Franklin improve as anything. BHS and FHS didnt have to play them any more and their programs, records, and self pride got a lot better for it. Its a stretch to say Franklin is a premier program when they have never won a state championship, do not have a supportive principal, and exhibit consistent classless behavior. BA and BHS, yes. They are great programs and a great job for any coach to get. Donnie has his work cut out for him at Franklin. I hope he rises to the challenge and gets some respect back for Franklin. Until the principal goes, he wont make a lot of headway on that front. He will win games, but the respect for the school and the program wont be there.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, I disagree with some of it too. BA going DII is as much as what helped Brentwood and Franklin improve as anything. BHS and FHS didnt have to play them any more and their programs, records, and self pride got a lot better for it. Its a stretch to say Franklin is a premier program when they have never won a state championship, do not have a supportive principal, and exhibit consistent classless behavior. BA and BHS, yes. They are great programs and a great job for any coach to get. Donnie has his work cut out for him at Franklin. I hope he rises to the challenge and gets some respect back for Franklin. Until the principal goes, he wont make a lot of headway on that front. He will win games, but the respect for the school and the program wont be there.

From both reading between the lines of what Crawford has said, as well as knowing a thing or two about Williamson county, I would not call Brentwood a premier job either. He made it very clear that the issue is more of Williamson county. What that translates to is lower coach's pay, more class demands, no athletic period for football players. At to that the griping and complaining of a lot of entitled thinking parents and a dwindling supply of athletes because of the privates close by, this job is not so great either. Someone said Brentwood is going to have 50 or more seniors next year. That is a nightmare scenario if not handled perfectly. Who wants pushy, entitled parents griping and complaining because their 18 year old is standing on the sideline the entire game when they think he is the best on the field? At Brentwood, you will have about 40 sets of those parents. And having gone to a couple of Brentwood games, the fan support is pretty weak. They dont have big crowds at all. From what I could tell of how many left at half time in a good close game, there were more there to watch the band than the football game.

Brentwood is not the easy/ cushy/ great job a lot of people think it is. Good program, but not a great job. The next coach wont last more than 2 seasons. You don't want to be the man to replace the "man." The replacement never does well when the outgoing coach has done so well and is so well thought of. Real coaches with wisdon and experience will want to be the guy that replaces Crawford's replacement. And most of those will not want to put up with the Williamson County bull. Has everyone forgotten how badly the hire for Ravenwood went last year? And they are a very similar school to Brentwood. Yikes.

I think the underlying issue is that the Cleveland school district only has one high school: Cleveland. Bradley Central is a separate district (I think). This gives him more flexibility to run the program as he wants. He just needs to get permission from the school board, etc. for stuff & they don't have to consider what the other schools will think about it (remember the Ravenwood Field House debate last month). Probably also means he's going to be able to make a lot more money since there are no other head coaches to consider. That's my guess.

FYI, Ron Adeylot interviewed for the BHS job at the time we hired Jack Daniels. He was passed over because he insisted that the parents stay out of his way & he didn't want to answer to the booster club. BHS parents aren't crazy helicopter parents, but they do insist on being involved. So Adeylot wasn't a good fit. I doubt he'd be a good fit this time around either. He lives in Brentwood & is well known among the parents, but is not a favorite of theirs. Looks to me like Gore or Winfree are the best candidates.