Crawford at Brentwood no more

FYI, Ron Adeylot interviewed for the BHS job at the time we hired Jack Daniels. He was passed over because he insisted that the parents stay out of his way & he didn't want to answer to the booster club. BHS parents aren't crazy helicopter parents, but they do insist on being involved. So Adeylot wasn't a good fit. I doubt he'd be a good fit this time around either. He lives in Brentwood & is well known among the parents, but is not a favorite of theirs. Looks to me like Gore or Winfree are the best candidates.

I seriously doubt any of what you said is true about Coach A interviewing for Brentwood. Coaches do not tell administrators that they want parents to stay out of the way.

I seriously doubt any of what you said is true about Coach A interviewing for Brentwood. Coaches do not tell administrators that they want parents to stay out of the way.

Fact: Aydellott was on the list to be interviewed when Daniels was hired (1 of 3 who applied; but never was seriously considered, and the impression was he never seriously considered the job. He was not interviewed when Crawford was hired.

Fact: BHS parents, nor the booster club, have a sense of entitlement towards the football program. They have traditionally been engaged and supportive of whatever the program needs. Boundries are set and seldom crossed. Crawford, Daniels, or any member of the coaching staff will support that statement.

And despite Williamson County's status as the 17th wealthiest one in the country, my experience is there is no tangible connection that statistic and what ever happens with the program. They are no more or less concerned about their son's playing time or what type of offense/defense is run, or what the uniforms look like than any other school's parents. The relative enthusiasm for contributing to needs for the schools above and beyond what is required is a hallmark of all the schools that feed into BHS; from the elementary level through high school.

Fact: BHS or Franklin never regularly scheduled BA or any other privates, nor were they compelled to play them at anytime: pre-or post Carlton Flatt. Scheduling is all about relationships, and during Crawford's tenure, Rutherford County teams were the regular out of district opponents- not the privates.

Opinion: The three premier (by tradition)programs in Willco are BA, BHS, and Franklin- in that order. BA is more concerned with Ensworth than BHS. Good stable programs, atmoshphere, opportunities, and academics attract players. Public education is not for every family. BHS holds their own quite nicely against the competition.

Fact: Aydellott was on the list to be interviewed when Daniels was hired (1 of 3 who applied; but never was seriously considered, and the impression was he never seriously considered the job. He was not interviewed when Crawford was hired.

Fact: BHS parents, nor the booster club, have a sense of entitlement towards the football program. They have traditionally been engaged and supportive of whatever the program needs. Boundries are set and seldom crossed. Crawford, Daniels, or any member of the coaching staff will support that statement.

And despite Williamson County's status as the 17th wealthiest one in the country, my experience is there is no tangible connection that statistic and what ever happens with the program. They are no more or less concerned about their son's playing time or what type of offense/defense is run, or what the uniforms look like than any other school's parents. The relative enthusiasm for contributing to needs for the schools above and beyond what is required is a hallmark of all the schools that feed into BHS; from the elementary level through high school.

Fact: BHS or Franklin never regularly scheduled BA or any other privates, nor were they compelled to play them at anytime: pre-or post Carlton Flatt. Scheduling is all about relationships, and during Crawford's tenure, Rutherford County teams were the regular out of district opponents- not the privates.

Opinion: The three premier (by tradition)programs in Willco are BA, BHS, and Franklin- in that order. BA is more concerned with Ensworth than BHS. Good stable programs, atmoshphere, opportunities, and academics attract players. Public education is not for every family. BHS holds their own quite nicely against the competition.

My statement dealt with the statement that Coach A was not considered because he did not want anything to do with the parents. He may have applied but I doubt he said anything about having the parents stay out of the program.

My statement dealt with the statement that Coach A was not considered because he did not want anything to do with the parents. He may have applied but I doubt he said anything about having the parents stay out of the program.

One of those helicopter parents got the long term baseball coach fired. Now that parent and his kids are gone. But then again so is the baseball coach and his replacement. :popcorneater:

Fact: you just proved correct everything I said about Brentwood parents

Fact: Brentwood parents think that putting the word Fact in front of something makes it so

Fact: Brentwood will get a lot of applicants, but it is not the great job Brentwood parents think it is

Fact: There is no pre Carlton Flatt era for BA

Fact: Brentwood high school has never beaten BA

Fact: you are too close to the situation and too blinded by loyality to see the problems

Opinion: homers, including you, should probably shut up when someone with an outside and probably clearer perspective shares it and gives you an opportunity to learn something about your own school.

Fact: you will respond in a negative, condescending, entitled, homer centered manner and you will prove this final Fact correct for me.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, I disagree with some of it too. BA going DII is as much as what helped Brentwood and Franklin improve as anything. BHS and FHS didnt have to play them any more and their programs, records, and self pride got a lot better for it. Its a stretch to say Franklin is a premier program when they have never won a state championship, do not have a supportive principal, and exhibit consistent classless behavior. BA and BHS, yes. They are great programs and a great job for any coach to get. Donnie has his work cut out for him at Franklin. I hope he rises to the challenge and gets some respect back for Franklin. Until the principal goes, he wont make a lot of headway on that front. He will win games, but the respect for the school and the program wont be there.

Forgive me but I believe Brentwood and BA never met before BA went DII. Before that Brentwood was 3A and 4A andf BA played in the top bracket 5A at the time. Their first meeting was in 1995 I believe.

From both reading between the lines of what Crawford has said, as well as knowing a thing or two about Williamson county, I would not call Brentwood a premier job either. He made it very clear that the issue is more of Williamson county. What that translates to is lower coach's pay, more class demands, no athletic period for football players. At to that the griping and complaining of a lot of entitled thinking parents and a dwindling supply of athletes because of the privates close by, this job is not so great either. Someone said Brentwood is going to have 50 or more seniors next year. That is a nightmare scenario if not handled perfectly. Who wants pushy, entitled parents griping and complaining because their 18 year old is standing on the sideline the entire game when they think he is the best on the field? At Brentwood, you will have about 40 sets of those parents. And having gone to a couple of Brentwood games, the fan support is pretty weak. They dont have big crowds at all. From what I could tell of how many left at half time in a good close game, there were more there to watch the band than the football game.

Brentwood is not the easy/ cushy/ great job a lot of people think it is. Good program, but not a great job. The next coach wont last more than 2 seasons. You don't want to be the man to replace the "man." The replacement never does well when the outgoing coach has done so well and is so well thought of. Real coaches with wisdon and experience will want to be the guy that replaces Crawford's replacement. And most of those will not want to put up with the Williamson County bull. Has everyone forgotten how badly the hire for Ravenwood went last year? And they are a very similar school to Brentwood. Yikes.

FYI, Ron Adeylot interviewed for the BHS job at the time we hired Jack Daniels. He was passed over because he insisted that the parents stay out of his way & he didn't want to answer to the booster club. BHS parents aren't crazy helicopter parents, but they do insist on being involved. So Adeylot wasn't a good fit. I doubt he'd be a good fit this time around either. He lives in Brentwood & is well known among the parents, but is not a favorite of theirs. Looks to me like Gore or Winfree are the best candidates.

I'm not sure where you get your information but I assure you Coach Adeylot was not passed over for that reason. I am "very" close to a member of that search/interview committee and Jack Daniels was selected because of who he was and his style fit the players ability that were on the team. Brentwood would have been very satisfied with Coach Adeylot and he would have been a great hire....just not as good as Jack D was. You should not post things on here of which you obviously know little about.

Forgive me but I believe Brentwood and BA never met before BA went DII. Before that Brentwood was 3A and 4A andf BA played in the top bracket 5A at the time. Their first meeting was in 1995 I believe.

I think you are correct about when they finally met, but BA was 1A when the started in the 70s, went 2A in the late 70s through about 1992, 4A in 93 and 94, then 5 A in 95. BHS wouldnt play BA. So I guess I need to amend my statement and add Brentwood in with Franklin as schools that are not premier football schools when I was responding to a poster that said there were 3 premier jobs open Williamson County. It is hard to call BHS a premier program when they wouldnt play a truly premier program that is less than a mile away.

Fact: you just proved correct everything I said about Brentwood parents

Fact: Brentwood parents think that putting the word Fact in front of something makes it so

Fact: Brentwood will get a lot of applicants, but it is not the great job Brentwood parents think it is

Fact: There is no pre Carlton Flatt era for BA

Fact: Brentwood high school has never beaten BA

Fact: you are too close to the situation and too blinded by loyality to see the problems

Opinion: homers, including you, should probably shut up when someone with an outside and probably clearer perspective shares it and gives you an opportunity to learn something about your own school.

Fact: you will respond in a negative, condescending, entitled, homer centered manner and you will prove this final Fact correct for me.

I am not him but it is FACT....you are wrong about several of your facts.

I'm not sure where you get your information but I assure you Coach Adeylot was not passed over for that reason. I am "very" close to a member of that search/interview committee and Jack Daniels was selected because of who he was and his style fit the players ability that were on the team. Brentwood would have been very satisfied with Coach Adeylot and he would have been a great hire....just not as good as Jack D was. You should not post things on here of which you obviously know little about.

You want him (Coach A) now? B)

I am willing to bet BIG money some of us would be willing for him to go there.