District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Anyone care to comment? District 9A has sent teams to the state tournament the last 3 years. Newcomer Fayetteville will not field a varsity team for the 2012 season.

Cascade and Eagleville return pitchers that have signed to play at the next level. Community showed significant improvement last year. Predictions?

Eagleville has an oustanding pitching staff and good players at every position with experience. Cascade has 2 very good starters and a senior team with big game experience. Community has 2 solid starters and a very young group that can hit the baseball. Forrest will once again field a solid group and has a bright future with their sophmore and freshmen class. Huntland is very young but very talented, just lacks experience. MTCS will be very competitive and balanced I believe. Moore County has some very talented kids at a few positions and should be in every game. My pre-season predictions are:

1. Eagleville

2. Cascade

3. Community

4. Forrest

5. MTCS

6. Moore Co.

7. Huntland

Great thing about baseball is any given day you can upset anyone. Some very key games early as I believe Cascade plays Forrest and Eaglevill pretty early. Toughest the district has been in a while. Should be fun!

Anyone care to comment? District 9A has sent teams to the state tournament the last 3 years. Newcomer Fayetteville will not field a varsity team for the 2012 season.

Cascade and Eagleville return pitchers that have signed to play at the next level. Community showed significant improvement last year. Predictions?

This should be a great season, filled with many surprises I do believe. My guess is that the winner of the first Cascade- Eagleville (Carkuff- Smith) game will more than likely take the district. That should be a great matchup. I believe the winner of this game will gain momentum and will be able to carry it throughout the season. 9A is filled with ALOT of senior talent this year, with the opportunity for many of these young men to go play at the next level.

Should be a fun season to watch, I cant wait!

New bats will have an impact this year (BBCOR vs. BESR). Smaller sweet spot will tilt the balance back to the pitchers and defense (particularly infield defense). Cascade's field will still give up a few homeruns but the larger fields probably will not.

Makes the teams with the better pitching rotations the favorites in my view. In the past you could give up an error or two and still be in it with the the odds in favor of a 3-5 run inning at some point in the game. These big innings will be a bit more difficult this season. Probably see a little more bunting and base-stealing as well.

This is a good change in my view. Most teams are not very good base-running teams in my opinion. Maybe the change will put some emphasis on teaching the little things that make a difference.

Practice starts two weeks from today...

• 2 weeks later...

Eagleville scrimmaged Cornersville yesterday at Cornersville and looked impressive. 8-0 win in game 1 with what most would consider to be their starters. 7-6 win in game 2 with a several of the younger guys getting significant playing time. I know it's early but if they hit like they did yesterday they will be tough to beat. Cascade had someone there scouting the Eagleville team which we found funny since we basically have the same team as last years team that beat Cascade 4 out of 5 times last year.