District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Eagleville scrimmaged Cornersville yesterday at Cornersville and looked impressive. 8-0 win in game 1 with what most would consider to be their starters. 7-6 win in game 2 with a several of the younger guys getting significant playing time. I know it's early but if they hit like they did yesterday they will be tough to beat. Cascade had someone there scouting the Eagleville team which we found funny since we basically have the same team as last years team that beat Cascade 4 out of 5 times last year.

the reason thats funny to you Bob is because it didn't happen.Our coach has been playing you all how long? The ball bounced your way last year, I wouldn't count on that this year! Good luck to you Bob

Your a little upset aren't you oldchamp. Were you there? I was and I know for a fact that there was someone there from Cascade scouting us. Maybe not a coach or school rep but they were there from Cascade---maybe a parent?. The ball bounced our way? 4 out of 5 times c'mon. You guys need to start recruiting a few players from Shelbyville Central that can play a little defense instead of just finding guys that can hit. Luck had nothing to do with the fact that you make more defensive errors than my 5 year old niece's softball team.

Your a little upset aren't you oldchamp. Were you there? I was and I know for a fact that there was someone there from Cascade scouting us. Maybe not a coach or school rep but they were there from Cascade---maybe a parent?. The ball bounced our way? 4 out of 5 times c'mon. You guys need to start recruiting a few players from Shelbyville Central that can play a little defense instead of just finding guys that can hit. Luck had nothing to do with the fact that you make more defensive errors than my 5 year old niece's softball team.

A little upset? more like ALOT! hate losing to a team that we are better than, thats all. Recruiting...? Riverdale Rejects lol, guess that softball team is losers too! PlayBall Bob. Gas is too high to be driving to Cornersville for nothing lol

A little upset? more like ALOT! hate losing to a team that we are better than, thats all. Recruiting...? Riverdale Rejects lol, guess that softball team is losers too! PlayBall Bob. Gas is too high to be driving to Cornersville for nothing lol

It's impossible for me to believe as many players that have transferred from Shelbyville Central, Tullahoma and Unionville for football, baseball and basketball, that anyone from Cascade would still bring up this subject. We have three that transferred from Riverdale on the baseball roster, you guys have two from Tullahoma and one from Shelbyville this year, sounds about even to me.

I would like to hear more about who Bob thought he saw (wearing Cascade gear) this past Saturday.

Bob is right, there was someone from Cascade at the Eagleville/Cornersville scrimmage Saturday, why I don't know these teams have played each other so many times the past two years that they know what each other has. Doesn't really matter if you believe Bob or not, there's no mistaking the Cascade hat and unless there's a closet fan of theirs in Cornersville it was either a Cascade parent, fan or asst coach. Maybe they were bored and wanted to watch a good baseball team. As for transfers please, Cascade set the bar on transfers over the past few years and as for last year 3 of Eagleville's 4 wins over Cascade were without all but one Riverdale transfer and he only DH'd the last couple of those games, (by the way those Riverdale rejects and the other very good Eagleville players beat Riverdale in a summer game last year and although Riverdale batted only their top 10 players in another matchup, Eagleville batted 21 different players starting by class and not by starting lineup and only lost by 2 runs after putting in a sophomore pitcher in the last two innings which was the only time that Riverdale was able to get any hits. It's understandable that Cascade is accustomed to being the odds on favorite over the past few years and maybe you're just upset that there's another team in the district that's as good as Cascade and you can't handle tough competition. We don't expect any respect or credit from you, so we'll earn it like we did 4 outta 5 times last year, wow that's a lotta balls bouncing the right way, has all to do with luck and not talent or skill. There'll be some tough games this year and I expect Forrest could be a darkhorse with key players returning from injury. We'll have to see what happens but it won't be because the ball bounces Eaglesville's way if they win it, it'll be because they earned it.

Hate losing to a team that we are better than---now that's good humor. Did you even watch the games last year? Have you found a second baseman that can field a simple grounder yet? Have you found a right fielder that can catch a pop up? With the new bat requirements fielding is going to be more important than ever----that in itself should scare the heck out of you. With that being said, I for one hope that you play well this year and that our District can have 2 teams at the State Tournament.

• Upvote 1

Hate losing to a team that we are better than---now that's good humor. Did you even watch the games last year? Have you found a second baseman that can field a simple grounder yet? Have you found a right fielder that can catch a pop up? With the new bat requirements fielding is going to be more important than ever----that in itself should scare the heck out of you. With that being said, I for one hope that you play well this year and that our District can have 2 teams at the State Tournament.

already punched that ticket huh,sorry no time to talk today on my way to Huntland to scout the jr high team heard they got a kid throwing 105 mph. got to see that

Wow! Calling out 16-17 year olds misplaying a ball or two? Go watch a college game (or a pro game) and you see the same thing. Baseball is a game of failure. I'm all for team pride but no need to run down Cascade's players.

There isn't a team in the district that didn't have fielding errors last year and probably no one felt worse about it than the kids who didn't make the routine play.

already punched that ticket huh,sorry no time to talk today on my way to Huntland to scout the jr high team heard they got a kid throwing 105 mph. got to see that

Uh huh, so what you're saying is that you admit to scouting and/or recruiting even that far away....:roflol:

He didn't punch that ticket, he just said he'd like for our district to have 2 teams in State, not that we would have. For all we know Forrest could be there if Cascade and Eagleville don't play to their potential.

Wow! Calling out 16-17 year olds misplaying a ball or two? Go watch a college game (or a pro game) and you see the same thing. Baseball is a game of failure. I'm all for team pride but no need to run down Cascade's players.

There isn't a team in the district that didn't have fielding errors last year and probably no one felt worse about it than the kids who didn't make the routine play.

Edited by WarEagle44