District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Scores of interest:

Monday - Page over Community 5-4; Eagleville over Spring Hill 5-2; Ezell-Harding over Cascade 9-2.

Tuesday - Page over Community 6-4; Spring Hill over Eagleville 6-0; Cascade over Ezell-Harding 3-1; Marshall County over Forrest 11-3.

Baseball is a great game. Matchups make a huge difference.

MTCS season opener on Thursday.

Monday starts district action with MTCS vs Cascade and Forrest vs Eagleville.

Monday's game between MTCS and Cascade was originally scheduled to be at MTCS. That game has been moved to Cascade. Tuesday's game will be at MTCS. Games were flipped because of the funeral for the Cascade student that lost his life in an auto accident. The memorial is at 3:00 in the Wartrace area.

MTCS visited Cascade tonight. Awesome high school baseball game. Carkuff (Austin Peay signee for Cascade) was effective. Control was off (7 walks) but MTCS could not catch up to the 90 mph heater (13 strike outs).

Cascade drew first blood in the 2nd inning. Lead off double on a ball to the fence that the CF nearly made a nice play on, followed by 2 infield fly balls and then a little liner through the right side that scored the run. Cascade didn't get another hit until the 6th inning. The 6th inning began with a walk, then a double that scored their second run. A sac bunt moved the runner to third, a failed squeeze and a grounder to second ended the scoring threat.

In the top of the 7th the cougars led off with a hit to CF and a hit batsman. Runners on 1st and 2nd, bunt that the catcher sails the ball into RF. Run scores making it 2-1 with no outs and runners on 1st and 3rd. Runner at 3rd attempts to make it home on a wild pitch and is thrown out. Next two batters strike out. Ballgame -- Cascade wins 2-1. Haven't gotten that much baseball value for $4 in my lifetime.

Starling and PItts pitched for the Cougars -- gave up 2 runs on 3 hits. Cougars left 9 runners stranded.

Some Eagleville players came over after their game. Understand they won 3-1 over Forrest. Smith pitching for Eagleville and Brewer going for Forrest. Redkuda -- give us some details.

District may be interesting.

MTCS visited Cascade tonight. Awesome high school baseball game. Carkuff (Austin Peay signee for Cascade) was effective. Control was off (7 walks) but MTCS could not catch up to the 90 mph heater (13 strike outs).

Cascade drew first blood in the 2nd inning. Lead off double on a ball to the fence that the CF nearly made a nice play on, followed by 2 infield fly balls and then a little liner through the right side that scored the run. Cascade didn't get another hit until the 6th inning. The 6th inning began with a walk, then a double that scored their second run. A sac bunt moved the runner to third, a failed squeeze and a grounder to second ended the scoring threat.

In the top of the 7th the cougars led off with a hit to CF and a hit batsman. Runners on 1st and 2nd, bunt that the catcher sails the ball into RF. Run scores making it 2-1 with no outs and runners on 1st and 3rd. Runner at 3rd attempts to make it home on a wild pitch and is thrown out. Next two batters strike out. Ballgame -- Cascade wins 2-1. Haven't gotten that much baseball value for $4 in my lifetime.

Starling and PItts pitched for the Cougars -- gave up 2 runs on 3 hits. Cougars left 9 runners stranded.

Some Eagleville players came over after their game. Understand they won 3-1 over Forrest. Smith pitching for Eagleville and Brewer going for Forrest. Redkuda -- give us some details.

District may be interesting.

Game 1 Smith looked sharp for Eagleville with outstanding defensive support. Eagleville's bats scored 2 in the first inning and scattered a few hits finally gaining another run on the board in the 4th. Forrest was able to string together a couple of doubles in the 6th to get on the board but Smith recovered and closed out the game for the win. Game 2 today featured McDougal and Horbath on the mound. McDougal started out slow but gradually began hitting his marks better as the game went along after allowing a run in the first which Forrest held until the 4th when Eagleville began to figure out Horbath and loaded the bases for Fitzgerald who put one over the left center fence for a grand slam. Forrest put Lee (I think) on the mound the next inning but Eaglevilles bats continued to stay hot as they scored 11 runs. Hammonds closed the game and struggled a bit giving up a 3 run home run in the final inning.

Game 2 of Cascade vs MTCS was a 8-0 lopsided victory for Cascade. Roberts was the starter for MTCS; Rippy for Cascade. Cascade scored 3 in the first, added 1 in the third, 3 in the 4th and 1 more for good measure in the 6th. Cougars managed 1 hit on the day -- a lead off double to start the game. Cougars had 3 errors defensively, Cascade had 1.

MTCS used Bonabi, Buckner and Barker in relief. Cascade used Reese in relief.

MTCS plays 7AAA LaVergne on Thursday.

Game 2 of Cascade vs MTCS was a 8-0 lopsided victory for Cascade. Roberts was the starter for MTCS; Rippy for Cascade. Cascade scored 3 in the first, added 1 in the third, 3 in the 4th and 1 more for good measure in the 6th. Cougars managed 1 hit on the day -- a lead off double to start the game. Cougars had 3 errors defensively, Cascade had 1.

MTCS used Bonabi, Buckner and Barker in relief. Cascade used Reese in relief.

MTCS plays 7AAA LaVergne on Thursday.

Sounds like Rippy is in mid-season form already.

• Upvote 1