2012 Class A Miss Basketball Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, LAKE COUNTY'S TAKEYHA TT FLOWERS......2000 CAREER POINTS.....400 ASSISTS (AT LEAST).....400 STEALS.....700 REBOUNDS.....this kid does it all......best scorer on team....second best rebounder on team...best assits.....best steals....the complete package.....

sbl

Edited by sbl0702

Again, Moore County's Rachel Garland, who also eclipsed the 1,500 point total last year, should eclipse the 2000 point total during the regional tournaments has over 600 rebounds, 300 assists and 300 steals for her career has got to be a real contender for Miss Basketball

Yes I was shown a paper today that Moore County must be sending out to coaches all over state. It was her and Raby, they are self promoting their kids? I guess if it gets their name out

Yes I was shown a paper today that Moore County must be sending out to coaches all over state. It was her and Raby, they are self promoting their kids? I guess if it gets their name out

Yes Moore County is sending out "Flyers" promoting their 2 candidates for Ms Basketball......Good idea to do this and smart to promote your kids.....however the other side of the coin is.....can this be considered shameless promotion.....don't know but I do know i have seen Lake County play Moore several years ago with the same group of girls playing now.....and TT had her way with them....all may have improved since then but pretty strong indicator.....anyway....Moore County's 2 and Lake County's 2 should receive consideration....Carnation Hart is every bit as important and as good a player as Moore County's 2 and of course we all know where TT stands!!!!!

sbl

Yes Moore County is sending out "Flyers" promoting their 2 candidates for Ms Basketball......Good idea to do this and smart to promote your kids.....however the other side of the coin is.....can this be considered shameless promotion.....don't know but I do know i have seen Lake County play Moore several years ago with the same group of girls playing now.....and TT had her way with them....all may have improved since then but pretty strong indicator.....anyway....Moore County's 2 and Lake County's 2 should receive consideration....Carnation Hart is every bit as important and as good a player as Moore County's 2 and of course we all know where TT stands!!!!!

sbl

Would think that they'd really get behind just 1.I'm sure one has to be better than the other all around.A lot of us could have both Carnation and T.T. in the mix but I dont think anyone has played or had a more impact than T.t. Flowers.Would think if Moore Co had two Miss Basketball candidates,go ahead and give them the Gold Ball.And would pull votes from each other.

sbl

Many schools do send out flyers because it is promoting the kids and we are so spread out in Tennessee that you may not hear of kids in east if you are out west, and if you have, you or the media may not know their stats. It is not shameless promotion for coaches to promote their players, it simply is building a foundation of a program. Look at what schools in Indiana and Kentucky do to promote their players for Mr and Mrs Basketball and you would understand. Unfortunately many coaches in Tennessee won't promote their players like they should and the Tssaa doesnt make the award as prestigious as it should be!

Edited by myteamsonthefloor

Flowers from Lake County.No weaknesses,quick with/without the ball,top notch defender,and unselfesh almost to a flaw.If stats and awards mattered to her(and her coach) more than winning she'd be averaging 30+ points and double digit rebounds,possibly steals too.Probably averages less than 20:00 per game,I'm guessing way less playing time than the other two girls in consideration,whomever they may be.Most importantly,Lake Co. would be a very good team without her,but not in the elite class that they've been included in since she was a freshman.I have no idea what the overall winning percentages are during her tenure at point for the Lady Falcons,but I'd bet that it's impressive even though they have during that time played the best teams within driving distance,such as Middleton,Gleason,Bradford,ect...along with district opponents who respectively make up one of the toughest(14A)in state.I have enjoyed watching many of the past Miss Basketball winners firsthand,and she's definatly in their class.

BUMP!