2012 Class AA Miss Basketball Ballot

CoachT

Actually, I saw Calamity this past summer in front of about 60-70 college coaches in Franklin. I'm pretty sure Calamity was near 100% on that day. I'm not saying Calamity isn't good, because she's VERY good and will play college ball. I'm not bashing Calamity in my post because I love to watch her play, I just don't think she's as good as Brandi Goodman from OC. Goodman is getting a few SEC looks right now as a Junior if that might explain how good Goodman is.

Actually, I saw Calamity this past summer in front of about 60-70 college coaches in Franklin. I'm pretty sure Calamity was near 100% on that day. I'm not saying Calamity isn't good, because she's VERY good and will play college ball. I'm not bashing Calamity in my post because I love to watch her play, I just don't think she's as good as Brandi Goodman from OC. Goodman is getting a few SEC looks right now as a Junior if that might explain how good Goodman is.

She is also getting looks from several schools in the big east and big 12. Brandi surpassed both the 1000 point and 1000 rebound milestone in the fall semseter of her Junior year, this season, and has also recorded over 100 blocks in each season at Obion County Central.

Edited by rebel_oc

Really shocked and disappointed that Grundy's Chelsey "Pelham" Wiseman has not been mentioned in this. Pelham has led the team in scoring for two years if not three. I'm trying to get her current numbers so I can post them. She is a great kid, the consummate teammate, a good student and will without question make her mark on some college floor somewhere. The other thing that makes her worthy is that her play is consistent night after night. She just RARELY has an off night.

I know without Grundy being high in the polls we have little chance getting one of our players recognized this way. Frankly I learned after Kim Woodlee several years ago, I guess it would pretty much take an act of God for a Grundy player to win one of these awards. We just can't get the votes. But I guarantee you I'd line Pelham up against any AA player on any night and bet on Pelham every time.

DL.

Please check these (2) girls from Grainger High School....

Allison Hodge - Averaging a DOUBLE DOUBLE every night and almost a Triple Double. Not all about scoring....

Laura Johnson - Constantly averaging double figures in every catagory.

Grainger has a record of 23 wins and with only 2 losses. And ranked #4 in AA state with a 20 game winning streak.

Edited by GraingerDAD

Abby Miller-Sr-Livingston Academy.

Kat Carter-Jr-Upperman.

Abby is a real War Horse. As Abby goes,so goes the team.

Ave. 13.5 pts pergame, 3 assists and 6.9 rbs per game.

Kat is the best rebounder in the Upper Cumberland. Shoots the three when the play is called.

Kat shoots an ave. 10.3 points per game and 7.8 rbs .

Taylor Randolph SR. UPPERMAN point guard. Ave. 13.4 pts,2.8 assist per game.

Edited by jimbo44

Chelsey Wiseman, Grundy Sr. Post

Career - 2039 points, 516 rebounds.

2011-2012 - 25 games 536 points 21.44 per game, 168 rebounds 6.72 per game, 60 steals 2.4 avg, 78 blocks 3.12 avg.

Again, if Chelsey isn't Miss Basketball material no one is. She is double and triple teamed nightly. Yet night after night she is almost always the scoring leader. Without Chelsey you would take away a lot of Grundy's wins.

DL.

• 2 weeks later...

Calamity Coley

* To Date over 1500 pts scored and over 1000 rebounds in career that saw her in limited playing time because 1) her team was up by 20-40 points or 2) she was injured much of junior season.

* District Freshman MVP of season in old district with Livingston, Upperman, York, Smith Co and DeKalb in 08-09

* All-District Soph season and All-State Tournament Team Junior Season

* Averaged Double-Double 3 of four seasons in high school (Junior season 9.1 pts/gm 9.6 rebounds/gm)

* Led Team to State Runner-Up finish in Class AA in Junior Season

Great young woman, good student, nice family, and well deserving.

Edited by 1buck2

Elizabeth Massengill : over 1700 points as a JUNIOR

all district fresh, soph, junior(mvp)

all region fresh, soph,

TSWA all state

all state tourn fresh, soph (mvp)

1 state championship (mvp)

averaging 25 ppg and 11 rpg this season

Edited by pumba

• 3 weeks later...