Tri-County Seven

coachh17

What are Unicoi's problems? I agree that the first round of the Region Tournament will be wide open. There is more parity this year than what we have seen in the past.

I do talk to Coach Wilson and he knows what he needs to get done. It has been tough just getting the program and coaching situation stabilized, and perfecting his preferred system in such a short time is asking a lot. I hope the Lady Cyclones put it all together and make a good run. They should be a force next year.

Edited by coachh17

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ET must agree with you to give up that many points will get you beat most nights. Scoring as many points as they did (eliz) would not indicate a poor offensive outing. If you are playing to out score someone to beat them and not doing much to slow them down then that will catch up with you on many a night.

I think a good example of this is Unaka. They are as good as any team I've seen offensively. However, the few games I've seen them play, they did not defend well at all.

Next year on paper EHS should be real good. A lot depends on the coach. Do you have any idea who that will be?

This is the $64000 question right now. Frankly, this has me concerned because I have an 8th grade girl with aspirations of playing in high school. Although the door was supposedly left open for Coach Dugger to go back to the girls at the end of the year, I don't see this happening for multiple reasons. Additionally, the magnitude of changes implemented by Wilson so far this season has the appearance of a coach that intends to stay beyond this year. However, this option would present a conundrum for the administration unless Wilson is willing to give up his AD position. From a selfish prospective, I prefer Coach Dugger and his staff. Wilson knows the x's and o's, but no matter how you look at it he is limited physically by his poor eyesight. Wilson's supporting cast is inexperienced and unproven as well. Having said all that, I don't really know who will be the coach next year. Whoever it is, I hope it' a good one...

I think a good example of this is Unaka. They are as good as any team I've seen offensively. However, the few games I've seen them play, they did not defend well at all.

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships. The only team cloudland couldn't defend was sh. Landers are holding district opponents under35 pts a game. We've just got the tools this year.