District 3 AAA

TSpoon

I thought we were "..down South?"

Well in case you didn't notice my little guy rolling around laughing, my "down south" comment was meant to be a joke, hinting around that Coach Renegar may have already had his team practicing down in Florida or somewhere, and has his starting lineup all figured out. But oh well....I'll try to be more serious in my future posts. :lol:

All joking aside, OR looks to be real strong this year. I look for them to contend. Can't wait to get started!

Good luck to the Wildcats!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha.....I hope those freshman both have a great season! Enjoy every minute of it....It will surely fly by.

Good luck to you guys this year!

We have heard from our HVA travel ball friends that Denton is going to be moved to 2b and a freshman will start at short. Not sure anyone will know for sure until that second week in March when HVA and Karns open up at HVA.

Congrats to all the 3AAA college commits and signees....I will list the ones that I know of.

Everyone please feel free to add to it as new info comes in.

Powell - Drake Owenby......Tennessee

Powell - Colby Skeen.........Walters State

Halls - Austin Smith.........Cleveland State

A.C. - Brycen Roberts......Walters State

A.C. - TaylorDurand........Volunteer State

H.V. - Elliot Whitt............Tusculum

We have heard from our HVA travel ball friends that Denton is going to be moved to 2b and a freshman will start at short. Not sure anyone will know for sure until that second week in March when HVA and Karns open up at HVA.

I have heard that also the freshman in question is Hunt. Then again I have also heard that wasn't true.

HVA returns: Whitt in RF, Gambuzza in CF, Barnett in LF, Fieldin @ 3b, Denton @ SS, Kirk @ 1b. Also pitcing they return Weiler, Kirk, and Brill. They have some very talented freshman starting with Hunt and Neely.

I have heard that also the freshman in question is Hunt. Then again I have also heard that wasn't true.

You heard that the freshman is Hunt? But you're not sure?..........I think you heard it from yourself yesterday.

We should probably get back on topic and talk about the teams in 3AAA and what everybody has coming back from last season.

You heard that the freshman is Hunt? But you're not sure?..........I think you heard it from yourself yesterday.

We should probably get back on topic and talk about the teams in 3AAA and what everybody has coming back from last season.

I think that is a very good idea...LOL

I know the way the season is spread out that several teams will be in the hunt for the league championship, but who truly has the quality pitching depth to win the tournament? I don't think anyone is deep enough to walk through it.

Comments? :popcorneater:

In response to this, I meant that I have heard that Denton might switch to 2B, but I have also heard differently. The Hunt thing I am totally confident about. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In response to this, I meant that I have heard that Denton might switch to 2B, but I have also heard differently. The Hunt thing I am totally confident about. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Gotcha :thumb: No problem at all.....In fact, just today I spoke with someone very close to the HV program that said they believe that Jake will still be at SS this season. Not to take anything from the Hunt kid, but Jake has been a strong SS for the last few years. I would have been very surprised if Coach Renegar had moved him to 2B for his senior season.

It definitely sounds like you guys will be tough again this year. Good luck!

I think that is a very good idea...LOL

I know the way the season is spread out that several teams will be in the hunt for the league championship, but who truly has the quality pitching depth to win the tournament? I don't think anyone is deep enough to walk through it.

Comments? :popcorneater:

Some quality pitchers that I know of are:

Powell - D.Owenby, H.Owenby, Skeen, Long (elbow injury), Kidd, Weaver, and Ledbetter

Halls - Painter, Corcione, Sylvester, and Galyon

A.C. - Durand, Roberts, and Newman

H.V. - Kirk and Weiler

O.R. - Lane

Karns - Hill

I know there are others....please feel free to add to the list.

Some quality pitchers that I know of are:

Powell - D.Owenby, H.Owenby, Skeen, Long (elbow injury), Kidd, Weaver, and Ledbetter

Halls - Painter, Corcione, Sylvester, and Galyon

A.C. - Durand, Roberts, and Newman

H.V. - Kirk and Weiler

O.R. - Lane

Karns - Hill

I know there are others....please feel free to add to the list.

I think it would be better to rate power arms per school...how would you see it then? Not sure anyone but Powell, Halls and AC have what any of us would call power arms. That to me is the difference in High School baseball.

I think it would be better to rate power arms per school...how would you see it then? Not sure anyone but Powell, Halls and AC have what any of us would call power arms. That to me is the difference in High School baseball.

I see what you're saying.......well then:

Powell - D.Owenby, H.Owenby, Skeen, and maybe Ledbetter

Halls - Painter and Corcione

A.C. - Durand and maybe Roberts and Newman

O.R. - maybe Lane

Karns - Hill (not a power pitcher but I still like this kid)

:popcorneater: