What is going on with Warren County's coach

Baby09

What is the WC type athlete? Sure, they might not have the ethnic mix that some schools will have but you can't tell me in a school with 2,000 students, roughly 1,000 boys, you're not going have plenty of tall kids, fast kids, athletic kids who would make good basketball players. Not being able to compete because of athleticism or lack of is a cop out, you may as well forfeit before the season if you go in thinking that way.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the WC type athlete? Sure, they might not have the ethnic mix that some schools will have but you can't tell me in a school with 2,000 students, roughly 1,000 boys, you're not going have plenty of tall kids, fast kids, athletic kids who would make good basketball players. Not being able to compete because of athleticism or lack of is a cop out, you may as well forfeit before the season if you go in thinking that way.

I totally agree with both posts. The language that was used in practice the other day was WAY over the line and from what I was told by 2 school board members and the principal of the school its grounds for dismissal. He's no coach hasn't been in the last 3 years he's been at WC. He had talent and didn't take advantage of it. ie Nicholas Simmons (6'8") hardly played him yet the boy got all district!!! I was sitting at the game last night against Coffee Co. and their fans were asking us what is wrong with our coach??? Why was he subbing so much and not calling time outs and so on and so on. That's pretty sad! He has GOT TO GO PERIOD!!!!! Oh and one more thing how can Todd WIllmore (AD) sit at every single game and not see there's a problem????? That is such a disappointment!!!!!

Warren Co is leaps and bounds better since Montgomery has taken over 3 yrs ago. The year before he took over WC won what? 2 games. Since he has been there, 2 trips to region, 2 years w/ wins in the teens. The program is much better shape than the way he found it. It's crazy how a kid, I repeat a kid, can run his mouth and all of a sudden what the KID says really happened and a good coaches name gets tarnished. Sadly it happens all the time in today's society. (We know all kids tell the truth and in no way ever stretch it). The fact is a coach will tell the kids the truth about how good they are and it usually isn't what the kids want to hear. Where as many parents lie and tell the kids what they want to hear (Johnny you are the best player or you should be playing more because). This kills a team and develops cancers in a team that will spread and destroy it. Truth is Montgomery has probably over-achieved with this bunch. I wish Coach Montgomery and Warren Co. the best.

Warren Co is leaps and bounds better since Montgomery has taken over 3 yrs ago. The year before he took over WC won what? 2 games. Since he has been there, 2 trips to region, 2 years w/ wins in the teens. The program is much better shape than the way he found it. It's crazy how a kid, I repeat a kid, can run his mouth and all of a sudden what the KID says really happened and a good coaches name gets tarnished. Sadly it happens all the time in today's society. (We know all kids tell the truth and in no way ever stretch it). The fact is a coach will tell the kids the truth about how good they are and it usually isn't what the kids want to hear. Where as many parents lie and tell the kids what they want to hear (Johnny you are the best player or you should be playing more because). This kills a team and develops cancers in a team that will spread and destroy it. Truth is Montgomery has probably over-achieved with this bunch. I wish Coach Montgomery and Warren Co. the best.

This has to be one of the funniest post I have ever read. The comedy of it is only topped by the lack of knowledge when it comes to a team sport and the leader of its team. Fact #1. The district Coach Montgomery inherited when he came to Warren County is the weakest in AAA athletics in state. Fact #2. Coach Montgomery has a record of 33-59 I believe. If that is overachieving I dont want to know what is underachieving. This year win total had 4-5 AAA wins. Fact #3 With 8 seniors he finished dead last in the weakest district in state. Not the strong district all his coaches before him had to compete in. Fact #4 Coach Montgomery team was beat by a homeschool team in its infacy. That is a no never should not happen type deal. Unexplainable. Fact#5 He quit a ballgame this year versus Van Buren co. Go back and look at what TSSAA director Bernard Childress said on record about this. I think it went something like "This isnt what we are trying to teach kids" No previous coach ever did that. I would also say that many guys that came before him would have frowned on the pulling team off floor. Fact #6 After 20+ games he is still doing his lineup by some point system in practice. If you dont have a feel after 20 games who should be on floor then you shouldnt be on bench. Fact #7 WC lost 9 of last 11 games. If that overachieving then I dont want to be an overachiever. Fact#8 His lockerroom tirade from what players are saying went way over the line. I will guarantee you Coach Meyer would not talk to players in that manner and I dont think it serves a purpose on athletic field. Language is one thing, but if what players are saying is true he went above and beyond what is acceptable. I could go on and on. Everyone will have own opinion, but mine will stay consistent. He did a terrible job and his team has got no better since he has been there. Sometimes you just got to cut a man loose.

Edited by whyaskwhy

This has to be one of the funniest post I have ever read. The comedy of it is only topped by the lack of knowledge when it comes to a team sport and the leader of its team. Fact #1. The district Coach Montgomery inherited when he came to Warren County is the weakest in AAA athletics in state. Fact #2. Coach Montgomery has a record of 33-59 I believe. If that is overachieving I dont want to know what is underachieving. This year win total had 4-5 AAA wins. Fact #3 With 8 seniors he finished dead last in the weakest district in state. Not the strong district all his coaches before him had to compete in. Fact #4 Coach Montgomery team was beat by a homeschool team in its infacy. That is a no never should not happen type deal. Unexplainable. Fact#5 He quit a ballgame this year versus Van Buren co. Go back and look at what TSSAA director Bernard Childress said on record about this. I think it went something like "This isnt what we are trying to teach kids" No previous coach ever did that. I would also say that many guys that came before him would have frowned on the pulling team off floor. Fact #6 After 20+ games he is still doing his lineup by some point system in practice. If you dont have a feel after 20 games who should be on floor then you shouldnt be on bench. Fact #7 WC lost 9 of last 11 games. If that overachieving then I dont want to be an overachiever. Fact#8 His lockerroom tirade from what players are saying went way over the line. I will guarantee you Coach Meyer would not talk to players in that manner and I dont think it serves a purpose on athletic field. Language is one thing, but if what players are saying is true he went above and beyond what is acceptable. I could go on and on. Everyone will have own opinion, but mine will stay consistent. He did a terrible job and his team has got no better since he has been there. Sometimes you just got to cut a man loose.

As you stated at the end of your drawn out Facts 1-8 of hey check me out I am a know it all. Everyone does have their own opinion. And you read mine. Now looking back at your posts I am truly out of line for not having the same views as you. For you surely have all the FACTS correct & your bases covered with newspaper articles & the tssaa directors quotes. You seem to have the big picture covered with Warren Co. sports and what is best for them. So I am truly humbled by your FACTS 1-8 that I could really careless about. I just gave my opinion,never stated I was right/wrong but since you decided to question my lack of knowledge of team sports and team leadership why don't you check your facts of who or whom your talking out of your backside to. Cause clearly you got your FACTS wrong on that one.

This is my last post on this topic........

I agree, however, we try to teach our kids to respect their teachers/coaches and that kind of language would not be tolerated coming from a kid. Maybe we put coaches/teachers on a higher level than we should. Just seems after everything that happened at the Spencer game and now this, one has to question his integrity?? Just a thought. They play Cookeville tonight so maybe his little "pep talk" will pay off.

Teenagers shouldn't be motivated this way or led this way. Can you see a teacher motivating students to improve test scores this way.

Edited by WoodenFan

As you stated at the end of your drawn out Facts 1-8 of hey check me out I am a know it all. Everyone does have their own opinion. And you read mine. Now looking back at your posts I am truly out of line for not having the same views as you. For you surely have all the FACTS correct & your bases covered with newspaper articles & the tssaa directors quotes. You seem to have the big picture covered with Warren Co. sports and what is best for them. So I am truly humbled by your FACTS 1-8 that I could really careless about. I just gave my opinion,never stated I was right/wrong but since you decided to question my lack of knowledge of team sports and team leadership why don't you check your facts of who or whom your talking out of your backside to. Cause clearly you got your FACTS wrong on that one.

Actually Whyaskwhy is EXACTLY correct on his facts 1-8. You must be a family member of WC's coach or one of the asst. coaches because its hard for me to believe anyone could be naive enough to believe that WC's coach is a good coach.

I just gave my opinion,never stated I was right/wrong but since you decided to question my lack of knowledge of team sports and team leadership why don't you check your facts of who or whom your talking out of your backside to. Cause clearly you got your FACTS wrong on that one.

Lol, if your coach's example of team "Leadership" is cursing his players, using a crap point system, and throwing his players under the bus because he couldn't control his temper I believe you should be checking your morals. You attempted in your first post in everyway possible to change out viewpoints of Coach Montgomery with "Facts," then when called out on your bogus facts you act as if you never cared..

Sounds to me like someone is too close personally to the coach to back-up and look and the broad, and detailed truth about what is going on with WC :D