Vanderbilt wants high school football back

QBClubPrez

As a native Cookevillian, First let me say that we love hosting the championships. I hope that the people you come across treat you well and do everything they can to enhance your experience. I know many people involved in bringing the championships to TTU and I know that they are working hard....

That being said, I certainly understand your complaints. I know TTU isn't on par with a bigger university like UT or Vandy as far as facilities are concerned. They are making strides in this department recently however. I also get that a bigger city might draw more independent fans, but would it be enough to really make a dent ?

Not trying to argue with anyone here, like I said, I understand the complaints. What are some of the facilities issues you have come across? I'd love to relay them back to some people

We've been attending the championship games for many years. Cookeville is doing a really good job of trying to promote themselves and TTU. As spectators, we are not bothered by the facilities. And I must say, Cookeville seems happier than Murfreesboro ever did about the fans and games. Both are lacking in attractions (hotels, restaurants) located close to the stadiums. In Nashville, you were able to go to hotel, unpack, and never get back in your car again unless you wanted to (even the cab situation was much better in Nashville). The hotel right at the stadium, made an excellent place to meet people, visit, and relax between games. At Murfreesboro AND Cookeville, you barely get to your hotel to change (add more) clothing and it's time for the next game. You fight traffic and must find parking ($) all over again. I miss Vanderbilt!

The biggest problem with the TSSAA football state championships not drawing well is due more in part to a diluted field than the games being played in Cookeville. Place D1 & D2 back together and have four classifications, take only the top two teams from each district to the playoffs and you will see attendance grow. Who would not have wanted to see a Maryville vs Ensworth game for the state championship?

That ship has sailed and it is never, EVER coming back. Book it. If anything there will be a complete public/private split regardless of whether TSSAA oversees the privates or they start their own association. That will be next and it is not as far off as you might think.

That ship has sailed and it is never, EVER coming back. Book it. If anything there will be a complete public/private split regardless of whether TSSAA oversees the privates or they start their own association. That will be next and it is not as far off as you might think.

Exactly right,and the sooner he better.Putting all privates in the same division would bolster the competition,and would allow the publics to condense classification sizes,also making for better playoff games.Love to see Nashville host too,lodging,food,commuting,facilities...everything would be a step up in class.

If I'm not mistaken, Cookeville/TTU have the Football State Championships until 2016.

Which is really unfortunate. Nashville would be the biggest draw for the state. It would be an upgrade in facilities, and overall fan experience. Yesterday we had to leave in the 3rd quarter of the 3A game to go eat dinner to get back in time for the 5A game. Vandy would prove close restaurant choices for all fans. It makes sense to be at Vandy which means the T$$AA won't do it.

As a native Cookevillian, First let me say that we love hosting the championships. I hope that the people you come across treat you well and do everything they can to enhance your experience. I know many people involved in bringing the championships to TTU and I know that they are working hard....

That being said, I certainly understand your complaints. I know TTU isn't on par with a bigger university like UT or Vandy as far as facilities are concerned. They are making strides in this department recently however. I also get that a bigger city might draw more independent fans, but would it be enough to really make a dent ?

Not trying to argue with anyone here, like I said, I understand the complaints. What are some of the facilities issues you have come across? I'd love to relay them back to some people

The folks around TTU are wonderful and the facilities are getting better every year. Just hard to compare Cookeville to Nashville.