Dyer County Choctaws

CrazyDave002

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co. plays Arlington in the first round of the region tournament. Dyer Co. beat Arlington earlier this season 93-80 at Dyer Co. Arlington is 20-11, but has impressive wins over Craigmont as well as Brighton. There's no reason why Dyer Co. should not win, but don't overlook anyone. I'd like to see DC make it to the 'boro this year!

please represent DC! BTW vs DC were classic games..........

Dyer Co. plays Arlington in the first round of the region tournament. Dyer Co. beat Arlington earlier this season 93-80 at Dyer Co. Arlington is 20-11, but has impressive wins over Craigmont as well as Brighton. There's no reason why Dyer Co. should not win, but don't overlook anyone. I'd like to see DC make it to the 'boro this year!

I agree. Arlington is a tough team but it's awful hard to beat Dyer Co on their home floor. Honestly, the potential of a Dyer County vs Craigmont match-up has me excited. That would be a great game. Dyer Co, Bartlett, and Craigmont are all good enough to make it to the 'Boro but Southwind and Ridgeway are very,VERY good. They can be beat but it'll be tough.

Best of luck to everyone.

Edited by Pantherbert

I've not seen any of the 3, just going by the fact Ridgeway and Southwind are both Ranked in the Top 25 in the Nation.

A lot of times those rankings don't mean much. Dyer County is an established program. Although they haven't been winning the rings, they have always been in the running. I think it's the same this year. If Dyer County plays the substate at home then I think they win. If not they lose a nailbighter

Robert Hubbs should have been in the three finalist for AAA Mr. Basketball. Hope they advance so more people will appreciate his talent. Agree they need to play a sub state game at home, but they have a tough road just to get to a substate game. They did not play well in the District Tournament.

I've heard lots of good things about Hubbs. I can't make it up to DC but I'll be at Arlington for the semi's should they advance. I know a lot of folks at Arlington to I can't root against them but I'll be glad to see Hubbs play if I get the chance.

Robert Hubbs should have been in the three finalist for AAA Mr. Basketball. Hope they advance so more people will appreciate his talent. Agree they need to play a sub state game at home, but they have a tough road just to get to a substate game. They did not play well in the District Tournament.

I said it once and I'll say it again there will never be a Mr. Basketball winner from DC because they aren't covered by a major media market. Even the Jackson Sun doesn't

cover the Choctaws. Sad but true.

A lot of times those rankings don't mean much. Dyer County is an established program. Although they haven't been winning the rings, they have always been in the running. I think it's the same this year. If Dyer County plays the substate at home then I think they win. If not they lose a nailbighter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DC loses in a thriller to a balanced scoring Arlington squad 65 = 63..Choctaws season over ..Arlington moves on..Thanks Choctaws for an exciting season that ended way to early..

GOOD GAME ARLINGTON, #1 TEAM GETS BEAT BY #44 TEAM. WHEN U PLAY SLOPPY AND DONT HANDLE THE BALL U GO TO THE HOUSE, END OF STORY. THEY PLAYED SLOPPY THE PAST TWO GAMES. MISSED FOWL SHOTS IN THE END HURTS.DC HAS HAD SOME GOOD TEAMS IN THE LAST SIX YEARS , WILL HAVE HUBBS BACK NEXT YR BUT CANT BE ON TOP ALL THE TIME. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CLINCH THE GOLD BALL AT THE BORO AND UNLESS SOME GOOD PLAYER MOVES IN THEY WILL NOT HAVE IT FOR A FEW MORE YEARS. THEY HAVE AN OUTSTANDING COACHING TEAM.

GOOD GAME ARLINGTON, #1 TEAM GETS BEAT BY #44 TEAM. WHEN U PLAY SLOPPY AND DONT HANDLE THE BALL U GO TO THE HOUSE, END OF STORY. THEY PLAYED SLOPPY THE PAST TWO GAMES. MISSED FOWL SHOTS IN THE END HURTS.DC HAS HAD SOME GOOD TEAMS IN THE LAST SIX YEARS , WILL HAVE HUBBS BACK NEXT YR BUT CANT BE ON TOP ALL THE TIME. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CLINCH THE GOLD BALL AT THE BORO AND UNLESS SOME GOOD PLAYER MOVES IN THEY WILL NOT HAVE IT FOR A FEW MORE YEARS. THEY HAVE AN OUTSTANDING COACHING TEAM.

Please don't tell you are basing the number 1 seed off of the Coach T strength of schedule. Public Service Announcement.... The Coach T strength of schedule is Based on wins and losses only. It does not measure the level of competition. Dyer County has a good team but not number 1. Southwind and Ridgeway are the best in AAA period.They are ranked 11th and 12th nationally for a reason.