State Tournament Officiating

threeguyspop

"JOKE OF AN OFFICIAL" IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE OFFICIAL- HE WAS JUST NAMED TO THE STATE HALL OF FAME FOR WRESTLING. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WRESTLING YOU KNOW WHO HE IS.

IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW WRESTLING- YOU CAN TAKE THE TEST, PAY YOUR FEE- NAME YOURSELF AND BE A MAN AND PUT ON THE STRIPES AND GIVE IT A WHIRL

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A COMPUTER, YOU WOULD KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF CAPS LOCK

When and where and how will I know you.

THIS WILL BE MY LAST COMMENT ON THE TOPIC. EVERY OFFICIAL AT SOME TIME HAS ALSO COACHED, I CANNOT SAY THAT EVERY COACH HAS EVER BEEN IN FRONT OF 3000 AND OFFICIATED A MATCH. MANY HAVE TRIED AND GONE BACK TO COACHING.

NO OFFICIAL EVER WANTS TO HURT ANY WRESTLER- I KNOW OF AT LEAST 3 OFFICIALS THAT WOULD AVOIDED MATCHES FROM SD, OOLTEWAH AND HERTITAGE BECAUSE THAT NEVER WANT TO HAVE ANY QUESTION OF FAVORTISIM.

ALSO A KEY NOTE ABOUT THIS MATCH- DID THE FR COACH EVEN APPROACH THE TABLE- NO HE KNEW IT WAS A CORRECT CALL.

AS FAR AS HOW YOU WILL KNOW- I WILL INTRODUCE MYSELF TO EVERY NEW OFFICIAL AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT EVERY YEAR AS UMAKETHECALL- YOU WILL KNOW

THIS WILL BE MY LAST COMMENT ON THE TOPIC. EVERY OFFICIAL AT SOME TIME HAS ALSO COACHED, I CANNOT SAY THAT EVERY COACH HAS EVER BEEN IN FRONT OF 3000 AND OFFICIATED A MATCH. MANY HAVE TRIED AND GONE BACK TO COACHING.

NO OFFICIAL EVER WANTS TO HURT ANY WRESTLER- I KNOW OF AT LEAST 3 OFFICIALS THAT WOULD AVOIDED MATCHES FROM SD, OOLTEWAH AND HERTITAGE BECAUSE THAT NEVER WANT TO HAVE ANY QUESTION OF FAVORTISIM.

ALSO A KEY NOTE ABOUT THIS MATCH- DID THE FR COACH EVEN APPROACH THE TABLE- NO HE KNEW IT WAS A CORRECT CALL.

AS FAR AS HOW YOU WILL KNOW- I WILL INTRODUCE MYSELF TO EVERY NEW OFFICIAL AT THE STATE TOURNAMENT EVERY YEAR AS UMAKETHECALL- YOU WILL KNOW

good move.

I watched the match live and couldn't believe the call and I just watched it again and feel the same.

Seems to me that the ref got frustrated with the stalemates and made the call to make a point and force a different action. I'm not an expert and Lond knows, I don't want to wear those stripes, but this one has a huge question mark.

I know judgement calls are a part of the sport and if wrestlers and coaches want to avoid the question marks, they shouldn't be in a position for one call to determine the outcome of the match. However, I do think the match should be called consistently from start to finish.

Also, could someone help me clarify the rule on what is out of bounds? I noticed that many times, the wrestlers were heading toward the edge of the mat and the whistle was blown before both were actually out of the circle. On one occasion, it looked to me like wrestler A was fleeing towards the coach chairs and wrestler B was on the legs trying to keep his feet in bounds, but the action was stopped before both were actually out. Same thing a couple of times as the wrestlers were heading out of bounds towards the floor.

Should there be more room outside the circle to avoid potentially dangerous situations? Eg....running into the coaches chairs?

really mature smoke sniffer. If I didnt know better, I'd say you were on here taking up for your brother. Its just part of a tough but pretty well paying job. Not everyone is going to like the officiating. However, some of the calls and assigned officials was very questionable. hopefully there will be a higher level of standards or protocol when it comes to who is officiating state tournament matches and the relationships between refs, coaches and parents. I think that is all most of the people on here are saying.

The true lack of maturity is for fans and parents who blame officials for their kid "getting screwed" by the "incompetent official" calling the match.

Just kinda sick of those pointing fingers at all the wrong but yet do not try to do what we do.

Yes, I will take up for my brother as I will ALL my brothers who put on a grey shirt and hit the mat.

I have spent the better part of 27 years (20 as an official) in this sport and this is the only sport where officials get the biggest blame for a kid losing. It is the nature of the sport. It is our cross to bear and those of us love this sport will continue to do what we do, regardless of your feelings about how well we do it.

ha ha ha, good one.

First, I'm not a Fr Ryan fan, but I will tell you, the kid was screwed, by the ref.

Second, I'm free to say it, so deal with it. I hate that people like you get on here and complain about people stating their feelings about the refs, when we all know there is a problem

Let me respond....

First, I didn't know what match or two kids you were referring to. I could care less. That was really not message. My message was in general about the blame that is frequently thrown around on CoachT about the "shoddy" officiating.

Second, I respect your right to log on to CoachT and complain about your feelings. We "all" do not think there is a problem. Example, the call you referred to prompting your post, that you feel was incorrect, may have been the best call of the day in the eyes of the fans of the other kid who was the beneficiary.

Thirdly, as it is your God given right to throw around blame and and complain, it is also my right to disagree and tell you to get out of the stands and get involved if you think officiating is that horrible.

There are times that officials don't agree with each other. (hearing a huge gasp across the state) However, when we talk about the situation later, we DISCUSS what took place and sometimes our opinion will change because of what the official saw on the mat from his perspective.

We are not perfect nor do we claim to be. We are just trying to do a job the best we can for a sport that we obviously love or we would not be out every year listening to folks #### and complain about the job we do.

Not sure who made the comment about us being "well paid" but let me address that. ARE YOU FREAKIN' SERIOUS? Having said that, I won't even dignify your silly remark by commenting on it anymore.

Everyone who posts their displeasure about officiating here feels they are absolutely correct when the post about bad officiating but seem to get extremely defensive when we as officials voice our displeasure with the inability of the fans to do the job from the bleachers. These same people get even more upset when we as officials suggest that you remove your butt from the stands and join us on the mat to make the same calls for real.

REFTN,

Due to the numbers who believe we walk out on the mat uninformed, educated and clueless, with the intent of "screwing" certain kids, next year before the season we need to post to CoachT how many and which kids we "intend" to screw over. The heck with us being impartial anymore....let's just choose sides before the season and give these people what they want, partiality. That's what they're looking for. I can't believe it's taken me 20 years to figure that out. We just need to figure out which kid, team, family or coach we need to be partial to so that everyone will be happy. Cause that's what we are here for....to make EVERYONE happy. (sarcasm)

The true lack of maturity is for fans and parents who blame officials for their kid "getting screwed" by the "incompetent official" calling the match.

Just kinda sick of those pointing fingers at all the wrong but yet do not try to do what we do.

Yes, I will take up for my brother as I will ALL my brothers who put on a grey shirt and hit the mat.

I have spent the better part of 27 years (20 as an official) in this sport and this is the only sport where officials get the biggest blame for a kid losing. It is the nature of the sport. It is our cross to bear and those of us love this sport will continue to do what we do, regardless of your feelings about how well we do it.

Let me respond....

First, I didn't know what match or two kids you were referring to. I could care less. That was really not message. My message was in general about the blame that is frequently thrown around on CoachT about the "shoddy" officiating.

Second, I respect your right to log on to CoachT and complain about your feelings. We "all" do not think there is a problem. Example, the call you referred to prompting your post, that you feel was incorrect, may have been the best call of the day in the eyes of the fans of the other kid who was the beneficiary.

Thirdly, as it is your God given right to throw around blame and and complain, it is also my right to disagree and tell you to get out of the stands and get involved if you think officiating is that horrible.

There are times that officials don't agree with each other. (hearing a huge gasp across the state) However, when we talk about the situation later, we DISCUSS what took place and sometimes our opinion will change because of what the official saw on the mat from his perspective.

We are not perfect nor do we claim to be. We are just trying to do a job the best we can for a sport that we obviously love or we would not be out every year listening to folks #### and complain about the job we do.

Not sure who made the comment about us being "well paid" but let me address that. ARE YOU FREAKIN' SERIOUS? Having said that, I won't even dignify your silly remark by commenting on it anymore.

Everyone who posts their displeasure about officiating here feels they are absolutely correct when the post about bad officiating but seem to get extremely defensive when we as officials voice our displeasure with the inability of the fans to do the job from the bleachers. These same people get even more upset when we as officials suggest that you remove your butt from the stands and join us on the mat to make the same calls for real.

REFTN,

Due to the numbers who believe we walk out on the mat uninformed, educated and clueless, with the intent of "screwing" certain kids, next year before the season we need to post to CoachT how many and which kids we "intend" to screw over. The heck with us being impartial anymore....let's just choose sides before the season and give these people what they want, partiality. That's what they're looking for. I can't believe it's taken me 20 years to figure that out. We just need to figure out which kid, team, family or coach we need to be partial to so that everyone will be happy. Cause that's what we are here for....to make EVERYONE happy. (sarcasm)

The stall call was definitely the correct call, but maybe should have been made after the 5th or 6th time they were stopped for stalemate. The complaints that the opponent didn't shoot are poor, because Mosely shot almost immediately each time the ref blew the whistle. It should be note that one of the Ryan coaches in his corner advised him not to shoot that last time, but to circle; he knew he would get hit if he shot again for another clock waster.

It's too bad that there are 70+ posts regarding officiating (bad). sic. Should spend this great opportunity to applaud the great wrestlers this weekend! They are the ones that brought 3000 people to watch them! And they are the ones that have spent endless hours sweating, starving, and praying in their faith for strength! God bless them all.

Does the top man not have to improve his position? Is he allowed to sprawl and grab an ankle and sit on top? Why was Mosely punished for continually pushing the match? Back up your buddy all you want, and I'm sure in previous matches he demonstrated an understanding of the rules, but he screwed that call up bad. "Spirit" of the rules would hold that a kid attempting a legitimate shot and in the process got sprawled on would not be hit with stalling.

Does the rules book contend a legitimate shot is all that is required in order not to be called for stalling? The top man (in this case) who is behind 3-1 is not attempting to secure a take down? 20 seconds left, the top man grabs and sits on an ankle to secure another stalemate? That assumes he was satisfied with 2nd place, that is your argument? Really?

The FR wrestler gave a text book display as per the Case Book of stalling as I posted.

The official is the official. Buddy or not, makes little difference. Knowing that official, the same call would have been made had the wrestlers in this position been reversed.