Tri-County Seven

coachh17

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a total fabrication. Anyone is free to talk basketball all they want. I'm only aware of a single user on this forum that has been "banned" as you call it. In more than one case this person (who has used multiple usernames) was shutdown by Coacht over the past several years because he/she was much more interested in criticizing coaches, bashing players, and spewing innuendo (mainly about EHS) than talking basketball...

I never read anyone of here bashing players or coaches. Only one I remember is the one that accused Elizabethton of recruiting because it seemed they all way have at 2 players from out of zone. When you play 2 or 3 players every year like that what do you expect people to think.

I never read anyone of here bashing players or coaches. Only one I remember is the one that accused Elizabethton of recruiting because it seemed they all way have at 2 players from out of zone. When you play 2 or 3 players every year like that what do you expect people to think.

If the players want to be there, then what difference does it make?

Good job Lady Landers in winning the district championship. I figured there was at least a 20 pt. difference in Cloudland vs. Hampton, Unaka, and NG. If Cloudland had went 8 for 19 instead of 0 for 19, they would have beat Unaka by more than 20 the other night. As far as region goes, I look for all 4 of our teams to win. Cosby has an impressive win/loss resume, but the level of competition in that part of the country doesn't hold par to ours.

This person constantly made accusations of recruiting and cheating. Additionally, there was shameless gossip about EHS players that was totally out of line (especially for this forum). This along with the constant whining about "out of zone" players - some of which was accurate and much more that wasn't. Regardless, Coacht regulates this site so he must have concluded the posts had no business on the forum or he wouldn't have shutdown the account. So to imply that anyone posting something contrary to Coachh's or my opinion can somehow be banned by us is ridiculous. Post all you want, but avoid the personal attacks or Coacht might shut you down...

Edited by etownsparky

What a sad way to end the season! Our girls had not fight. It seemed like some of them didnt want it bad enough. I dont know if they were jealous of each other or what but that was disgraceful! Coach should have done a better job preparing those girls. We may never see a sub state game in my lifetime now.

Is Edwards a senior? How about those 2 towering blonde girls? Are they seniors too?

What a sad way to end the season! Our girls had not fight. It seemed like some of them didnt want it bad enough. I dont know if they were jealous of each other or what but that was disgraceful! Coach should have done a better job preparing those girls. We may never see a sub state game in my lifetime now.

SG and Unicoi have had a rich tradition and long history of battling in the post season, and I am quite sure that they will have many more battles in the future...unless of course the rumors I have heard about SG moving down to single A when they reclass the brackets again are true-

How old are you? Just curious, because Unicoi traditionally has great girls teams with the exception of a rebuilding year occassionally...and I'm sure they will again make it to a substate and state tourney in the future

Edited by Thebballguru

Wow what a disappointing end of the season for the D1-AA members of the Tri-County Seven! D1 was swept by D2 in the R1 quarterfinals. First, let me say congratulations to the D2 winners and good luck the rest of the way. Now back to D1. What happened? It's hard to believe that the D1 #1 and #2 couldn't beat the #3 and #4 from D2. No disrespect to D2, but with the exception of Grainger, the rest of the top finishers are weaker than anytime in the past 5 years in my opinion. Wow, if this is motivation to work hard in the off-season then I don't know what is...

Wow what a disappointing end of the season for the D1-AA members of the Tri-County Seven! D1 was swept by D2 in the R1 quarterfinals. First, let me say congratulations to the D2 winners and good luck the rest of the way. Now back to D1. What happened? It's hard to believe that the D1 #1 and #2 couldn't beat the #3 and #4 from D2. No disrespect to D2, but with the exception of Grainger, the rest of the top finishers are weaker than anytime in the past 5 years in my opinion. Wow, if this is motivation to work hard in the off-season then I don't know what is...

I agree, I can't remember the last time that D2 was "down" as much as they were this year...especially SG. They have struggled quite a bit this season and have not been the typical "lady rebels" that all of east Tennessee had become used to seeing play. GHS has been less than impressive most the year as well and CD has taken advantage of it, as they aren't exactly loaded up with talent either. I fully expected to see Unicoi and Betsy win last night and had the CD game as a toss up...

It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season, and the next few to come play out.

Time for Unicoi County among others to try to draw some of the North Carolina talent over the mountain.

Unicoi County and Elizabethton both had very disappointing finishes. Elizabethton had five new starters and was a bit of a mystery coming in to the year. They had a lot of ups and downs and finished on a down note. It was the least succesful season since 2000-01, yet they still won 20 games and had several quality wins. The Lady Cyclones return all five starters, nine of their top ten, and have an unbelievably talented group of undefeated sectional champion freshmen coming in. If the coaching situation stabilizes, the Lady Cyclones are ready to make another long and successful run at a very high level.

Unicoi County came in to this season with a veteran team and sky high expectations. They won the District regular season title by one game over Elizabethton and won the District Tournament title. Then they crashed and burned last night and came up way short of their goal to reach Murfreesboro. They lose King, Thompson, and Bennett to graduation. Superstar Emily Edwards will return next year with starter Chelsea Gardner. True and Laughren are the only other two returnees that played significant minutes. They do have a sectional runner-up group of freshmen coming in, but they will be in a battle with Elizabethton for District superiority and I like the Lady Cyclones' chances.