Tri-County Seven

coachh17

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coachh, Unicoi will still be strong next year. Eliz returns alot, but faces uncertainly on their coach.

I would not be surprised to see some Eliz players go elsewhere, and that hasnt happened in a long time.

Coach Wilson is not the long term answer, but may stay one more year. Sparky I know you want Dugger back but I dont see that happening. What do you Eliz insiders see happening on the coaching front?

I would call myself a fan rather than an insider. All I can do is speculate. Here are some possibilities:

1. Coach Wilson remains in place as the permanent coach.

2. Coach Dugger returns to the girls' program and they hire another boys' coach.

3. They promote Lucas Honeycutt from T.A. Dugger coming off their undefeated season.

4. They hire a coach from the outside.

I would imagine that they will get to work on stabilizing both programs now. The season came to a disappointing early end for both teams. With off season conditioning, spring practice, and the summer camp season swiftly approaching they need to put everything in place and get to work.

I would call myself a fan rather than an insider. All I can do is speculate. Here are some possibilities:

1. Coach Wilson remains in place as the permanent coach.

2. Coach Dugger returns to the girls' program and they hire another boys' coach.

3. They promote Lucas Honeycutt from T.A. Dugger coming off their undefeated season.

4. They hire a coach from the outside.

I would imagine that they will get to work on stabilizing both programs now. The season came to a disappointing early end for both teams. With off season conditioning, spring practice, and the summer camp season swiftly approaching they need to put everything in place and get to work.

Are all the girls from the TA Dugger team from Eliz. or will part of them be playing in their home boundries?

Edited by Buki4life80

You said "Posted A day ago

Time for Unicoi County among others to try to draw some of the North Carolina talent over the mountain"

I don't know the street addresses of all the students who attend TAD but I would expect that they will continue to attend ECS at the secondary level. It is possible that one are more may be living in the county, zoned for Happy Valley, and eligable to attend Science Hill as they reside inside the JC city limits. This has all been discussed before in this forum. Get a life, parents send their students to schools of their choice. If Unicoi Co can draw students over the mountain more power to you.

Ill say this about the middle school coach. He has had one good season with a lot of talent. You need someone who has been at the high school level for a few years. If Betsy was smart they would go after head coaches or asst. from around here. Boone's coach would be a good choice as would Chambers. Maybe they go the way we did and get someone from out of the area.

Ill say this about the middle school coach. He has had one good season with a lot of talent. You need someone who has been at the high school level for a few years. If Betsy was smart they would go after head coaches or asst. from around here. Boone's coach would be a good choice as would Chambers. Maybe they go the way we did and get someone from out of the area.

I'd say Chambers is happy right here in Roan Mt. The Lady Landers will be state contenders the next 2 years as well.

the middle school coach walked into a gold mine that team was built over the past 2.5 years by coach todd bowers and his sister who took those girls evrywhere playing AAU/USBA, I believe they are back to back USBA National Champions and some of the now Freshman plus his daughter who is at Hampton now also were USBA National Champions in their age group as well, all summer as well as the current freshman and sophomores there now.

You said "Posted A day ago

Time for Unicoi County among others to try to draw some of the North Carolina talent over the mountain"

I don't know the street addresses of all the students who attend TAD but I would expect that they will continue to attend ECS at the secondary level. It is possible that one are more may be living in the county, zoned for Happy Valley, and eligable to attend Science Hill as they reside inside the JC city limits. This has all been discussed before in this forum. Get a life, parents send their students to schools of their choice. If Unicoi Co can draw students over the mountain more power to you.

I could be mistaken but I believe 6 of the 9 8th graders from this year's team live in the Elizabethton city limits. Four of 5 starters live in the city for sure. One starter came to TAD from the county in sixth grade (which is common for many county students because it's tougher to get into the city elementary schools). Another player (6th or 7th man) lives in the county but has gone to city schools since kindergarten. The final girl came out for the team this year for the first time. She was a sub that played primarily in a clean-up role and will likely not play in high school. There are two players that I'm not sure about but believe live in the city. Regardless, both were subs this year. I'd say one of these may try to play at the high school level, but I doubt the other will even go out.

I agree with voice. This dead horse has been beaten more than enough...