District 8A, What a great district to watch

turnthepage

Watertown won its first District title since 1935, which I wasn't around then, but I do believe back in the day Watertown was in a district with some of the big schools in the Boro. But no matter what, last night was a great win for the team, school, and community. Friendship is a great talented team, Watertown really played their hearts out last night. I feel strongly that the two teams will meet again this year and it may be a different outcome, but it does make for some great match ups right here in this district. No matter the sport, District 8 has some great match ups that really make a person enjoy high school athletics.

Edited by turnthepage

Watertown won its first District title since 1935, which I wasn't around then, but I do believe back in the day Watertown was in a district with some of the big schools in the Boro. But no matter what, last night was a great win for the team, school, and community. Friendship is a great talented team, Watertown really played their hearts out last night. I feel strongly that the two teams will meet again this year and it may be a different outcome, but it does make for some great match ups right here in this district. No matter the sport, District 8 has some great match ups that really make a person enjoy high school athletics.

Any win over the private school is a good win, congrats! :thumb:

Congrats on the win, but this is the tournament you need to win for to really count :thumb:

Very good post and congratulations to Watertown on their District Championship. I love the rivalries in District 8A, which have always been very competitive over the years.