Region 6A

Vandychris

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Region 6A tournament in Waynesboro?

While we all know scoring isn't everything, scoring is usually everything when selecting all tourney bc when u don't get to see any quarterfinal games except for your own (thanks TSSAA...would love to have 4 girls games at region site on Friday night and 4 boys games at region site on Sat nite), the coaches are gonna look at a box score to try and "guess" who may have played well...semis get a better view except when the quarterfinal coaches who were eliminated don't attend (which happens) and then they're still going off a box score...and the ballots have to be turned in by halftime of finals, so even if someone had a great second half, it would more than likely go unnoticed. So, what exactly did A Rice do in two region tourney games? 17 and 18 pts for a total of 35 and I don't have stats in front of me, but a slew of rebounds and assists and great defense. What did Dill do? 3, 10, 4 for 17 pts in 3 games. Hill...4, 6, 6 for 16 pts in 3 games...not exactly earth shattering if you r making your selections based on box scores. Now, having seen PC once during season and twice in District and twice in Region, I can tell you that Hill is the glue that holds it all together and he is a very valuable asset. If he was injured or got in foul trouble, PC would be in trouble. While feelings get hurt over all tourney selections, it's the parents and fans who make a bigger deal about it than the the players so let it go. Hopefully Dill and Hill will use it as motivation and fuel that Viking ship to the state tourney. No one remembers who gets all tourney. Ppl remember the great TEAMS and how far they advance (or don't advance). And to answer your post, no one got excited when Rice didn't get all district this yr. We were just all thankful he decided to play bball this year. He's a great kid...can't wait to watch him in a few wks on the mound...his true "best sport.". Good luck Trojans and Vikings in substate...represent D12/R6!!

:thumb: Great post! Unbeliveable that a couple of PC posters are blaming WC for who made the Region team....what a joke.....but thats what you expect from them. Anyway, agreeing with ptguard, I've said this all year that Garrett Hill is who makes PC go. This kid does so much on the court....he's a great decision maker, plays with incredible tenacity for a small guy, is an amazing help-side defender, and just wreaks havoc on so many fronts. Tucker and Rhodes may get the praise, but without Hill this team would be fighting for 3rd or 4th in the district.

Who cares who is the best on the team. If you PC folks aren't careful you are going to cause division on your team and blow a very good shot at winning a state championship. I would like for some team in our district to win a state championship and you all have the best shot. Get behind your team and stop worring about which one is the better player.

Please do not get me confused with a PC fan.. haha

I have thought most of the year that PC had 5 of the top 12 players in the district.

But after seeing PC play several times in the past two weeks i have noticed this.

Tucker-best player in the district.. only mathis has a slight argument here. But still Tucker no doubt

Rhodes- best 3 pt shooter in the dist/region

Hill- best pg in the dist, not much of a scorer but doesnt need to be. does his roll better than any other pg

Gilboy- really good inside. great defender and rebounded probably best RB in dist.

Dill- here is where my opinion changed.. Dill is PCs weak link. I think they are more dangerous with Endey on the floor. Dill is the type of player you can leave standing all by himself to allow double team on tucker. I have been suprised with his play on both sides of the floor these past two weeks.

those 4 are top 6 or 7 in the dist. but Dill is not on the same level as any of those 4

disagree here this shows what u know Dill is in no way the weakest link Dill may not be a scoring threat but he kept them in game against MTP but u don't notice the 6 assist average5 or six rebounds and the steals he is always on the best player of the opposing team and does not make many turnovers gilboy would not get the shots he does without dill, edney does none of these

Good grief I'm sick of reading what player is better and whose the weak link! Everyone Pc puts on the floor is a fine ball player and brings something different to the team. I think that is what makes Pc so good as that the coach can use a variety in his rotation to get different talents on the floor. Stop with it already and move on to sub state.

Good grief I'm sick of reading what player is better and whose the weak link! Everyone Pc puts on the floor is a fine ball player and brings something different to the team. I think that is what makes Pc so good as that the coach can use a variety in his rotation to get different talents on the floor. Stop with it already and move on to sub state.

I agree.

I have thought most of the year that PC had 5 of the top 12 players in the district.

But after seeing PC play several times in the past two weeks i have noticed this.

Tucker-best player in the district.. only mathis has a slight argument here. But still Tucker no doubt

Rhodes- best 3 pt shooter in the dist/region

Hill- best pg in the dist, not much of a scorer but doesnt need to be. does his roll better than any other pg

Gilboy- really good inside. great defender and rebounded probably best RB in dist.

Dill- here is where my opinion changed.. Dill is PCs weak link. I think they are more dangerous with Endey on the floor. Dill is the type of player you can leave standing all by himself to allow double team on tucker. I have been suprised with his play on both sides of the floor these past two weeks.

those 4 are top 6 or 7 in the dist. but Dill is not on the same level as any of those 4

Dill and Hill goth great defensive players they help the team many ways ,dogem all you want ,by the way who won!!!!! :roflol:

Edited by vikingpop

:thumb: what's up with all this. Just someone from another jealous school trying to stir up trouble. These guys seem to all play well together. When one is down another picks up the pace. If we get the offense clicking, better watch out.

Edited by swoosh

If you define Dill as a "weak link", then there's still a lot about basketball you have to learn. If my "weak link" is giving me 6-8 pts, 6 rebs, 5 asst, 3 steals, and routinely manning up on the opponent's best perimeter player, then I'm going to Murfreesboro with a real chance to do some damage.

I think this "weak link" discussion has been interesting. By definition, every team has the "weak link". It just so happens that the PC "weak link" (whomever your definition comes up with) is a starter on any team PC has played this year. I'm guessing that naming Dill the "weak link" means the lowest scoring starter on the team??? Again, by definition, there is a lowest scoring starter and I believe that is probably Dill. Anyone that doesn't want him on their team doesn't know how to pick a winning team. Winners have that defensive guy that sacrifices his offense to give it his all on the defensive end. Check all the successful high school, college and pro teams and you find that player starting. I'm glad we have him and what he does to help us win. If you want to place an "offensive value" on his defense, I estimate he is worth 10 points so add that to whatever he scores to find his "value".

I think this "weak link" discussion has been interesting. By definition, every team has the "weak link". It just so happens that the PC "weak link" (whomever your definition comes up with) is a starter on any team PC has played this year. I'm guessing that naming Dill the "weak link" means the lowest scoring starter on the team??? Again, by definition, there is a lowest scoring starter and I believe that is probably Dill. Anyone that doesn't want him on their team doesn't know how to pick a winning team. Winners have that defensive guy that sacrifices his offense to give it his all on the defensive end. Check all the successful high school, college and pro teams and you find that player starting. I'm glad we have him and what he does to help us win. If you want to place an "offensive value" on his defense, I estimate he is worth 10 points so add that to whatever he scores to find his "value".

PC basketball there is no I in team 5 players = machine it all works together

The Bobby Hurley type that pulls up his socks, tightens the shoelaces, and instead of wearing his own shorts gets up in the shorts of the opposing player after he slaps the floor and challenges him to bring it----I would take Dill in a minute---much quicker than a player that doesnt work hard on the defensive end and has shown a tendancy to get lost in the shuffle offensively and dominated by lesser skilled players