Reserved Seating at Livingston

chatter

I am having a hard time getting a good answer from anyone here locally, and can't find any information on the TSSAA site so here I am.

At the sub-state game in Livingston Saturday night I watched a man with what was obviously his son sitting in the blue folding chairs. During the regular season these seats are reserved for season ticket holders and up until last night I had thought that the reserved seating did not carry over into the tournaments. They had been sitting in the seats for about 5 minutes when a lady who obviously "owned" one of the seats wanted the seat back. The gentleman moved without too much of a fuss on his part, but there were several stares from other folks who were apparently season ticket holders themselves. I only mention that part because if someone tried to run me off like that with those type of stares when I am with my young daughter...well it would be a problem that I would need to address on the spot.

Is the seating for the sub-state games left to the schools discretion like the regular season? There were signs plastered all over the gym asking people honor the reserved seating but when I asked "who" was asking I could not get an answer. I am interested mostly because if these seats are fair game, then I would like to be sitting in one when the boys play Monday night, but I certainly don't want to be taking a seat that someone else has paid for.

Could someone from the area tell me who locally to call for clarification or if anyone knows how I could find out from the TSSAA themselves I would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great question, however I have no answer. I do think it's nice that if they've paid that price that they honor that seat, but I understand your side, too! Great question, but I just sit on the other side in games like that because there is always a lot more room and you can get a great seat usually on the bottom row! God bless and see you Monday!

Ran into this a few years back when the district tourney was over in Sparta and checked it out. TSSAA says there is NO RESERVED SEATING allowed for tournament and sub-state games. Reserved season tickets and seats end with regular season,that is what you paid for. All seating is first come-first serve. That came straight from TSSAA. Some schools get around it by letting the local folks in early. If I were you monday, the tournament director would have to explain to me why I have to give up seats!

If the school bands have to pay indiviually to come to a game at tournament time (including the directors) then it would seem that regular season pass holders/special seating would not apply for tournament play. Doesn't the TSSAA rule the ticket sales at the host sites? If they do regulate it then it would seem that a regular season pass,special seating etc would not be applicable. Just my 2 cents.

I'd bet that most folks who sell reserved seats at the start of the season honor them for ALL games at all times. So what they paid extra at the beginning of the season comes at a discount the more games the team hosts. Of course if I was a team that went further in the tourneys/playoffs my price would go up on those seats each year until they fit a longer season.

I'd bet they're still paying the $7 to get in it's just they paid the reserved seat fee at the start of the season. And thinking that the TSSAA is going to police it is silly. They have more to do than that. Plus they're probably just worried about the gate. As long as the reserved seat folks pay to get in that night they're not going to bother with being the seat police.

I am having a hard time getting a good answer from anyone here locally, and can't find any information on the TSSAA site so here I am.

At the sub-state game in Livingston Saturday night I watched a man with what was obviously his son sitting in the blue folding chairs. During the regular season these seats are reserved for season ticket holders and up until last night I had thought that the reserved seating did not carry over into the tournaments. They had been sitting in the seats for about 5 minutes when a lady who obviously "owned" one of the seats wanted the seat back. The gentleman moved without too much of a fuss on his part, but there were several stares from other folks who were apparently season ticket holders themselves. I only mention that part because if someone tried to run me off like that with those type of stares when I am with my young daughter...well it would be a problem that I would need to address on the spot.

Is the seating for the sub-state games left to the schools discretion like the regular season? There were signs plastered all over the gym asking people honor the reserved seating but when I asked "who" was asking I could not get an answer. I am interested mostly because if these seats are fair game, then I would like to be sitting in one when the boys play Monday night, but I certainly don't want to be taking a seat that someone else has paid for.

Could someone from the area tell me who locally to call for clarification or if anyone knows how I could find out from the TSSAA themselves I would appreciate it.

Thanks everyone!

Unless the rule has changed this season, there are no reserved seats in any playoff game after the reuglar season is over.

And they can't "charge" you to park for the games either. Just ask East Hamilton! :roflol:

Unless the rule has changed this season, there are no reserved seats in any playoff game after the reuglar season is over.

And they can't "charge" you to park for the games either. Just ask East Hamilton! :roflol:

I have gone to LA for two out of the last three years, and have never paid for parking. Needless to say I don't expect to pay on tomorrow night. As for the seating, we always sit on the opposite side(facing the teams) and had no trouble seeing the floor.

Go RAMS!!!

Apparently the poster here, who is complaining, is from the Livingston area. Apparently too, is the fact that you're just now getting around to watching and supporting these two great Hogeye teams. True fans, who purchase these seats, and support their teams year after year would sit anywhere as long as they were able to be there supporting Hogeye. I have watched for many years, fans who show up only after our teams have progressed to this point, to disappear when that season is over. They'll appear once again, in a later year, when the teams prove that they are worthy of their attendance and support. The true fans who support their teams year after year very much appreciate what the administration has done in order to make it a little more comfortable for season ticket holders. If you're worried so much about a seat, ask around and find out who Rabbitranch is. I'll give you mine. :thumb: Thank you Coach Riddle for the courtesy you have shown the true Hogeye fans. This fan sure appreciates you and the job you are doing! :D------GO HOGEYE!

Edited by rabbitranch

I have gone to LA for two out of the last three years, and have never paid for parking. Needless to say I don't expect to pay on tomorrow night. As for the seating, we always sit on the opposite side(facing the teams) and had no trouble seeing the floor.

Go RAMS!!!

I was referring to East Hamilton hosting the Region 3AA Tournament a couple years ago and charging to park. That's the only time I've ever seen a high school do that for basketball, but the problem was the guy taking up the money as people drove in saying it wasn't an option and people had to pay to park.......which I knew was wrong and told him so. Anyway, the TSSAA came down pretty hard on ER's Principal and Athletic Director the next day for not informing the people taking up the money that they could only ask for a donation for parking.

Apparently the poster here, who is complaining, is from the Livingston area. Apparently too, is the fact that you're just now getting around to watching and supporting these two great Hogeye teams. True fans, who purchase these seats, and support their teams year after year would sit anywhere as long as they were able to be there supporting Hogeye. I have watched for many years, fans who show up only after our teams have progressed to this point, to disappear when that season is over. They'll appear once again, in a later year, when the teams prove that they are worthy of their attendance and support. The true fans who support their teams year after year very much appreciate what the administration has done in order to make it a little more comfortable for season ticket holders. If you're worried so much about a seat, ask around and find out who Rabbitranch is. I'll give you mine. :thumb: Thank you Coach Riddle for the courtesy you have shown the true Hogeye fans. This fan sure appreciates you and the job you are doing! :D------GO HOGEYE!

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, but for the record I was not complaining. I was asking a question.

I'm sorry, I am having a hard time getting around the condescending tone of your post so I'll not continue, but thanks for adding to the conversation.

Thanks to all who bothered to assist in answereing my question.