AAA State Tournament

Metroman

I agree with nebuntyn. Central has the EXACT team as last year. In the game where Riverdale beat Central by 17, Ballard and Coach Bray had words with each other and Ballard was sent to the locker room. After that, Ballard was suspended for almost the whole second half of the year. Ballard has just recently returned to the team. I'm not saying Central is the best team in Murfreesboro, however they have the same exact team as last year that won the state tournament.

Who made it personal?!? I didnt call you anything, just said it was dumb to say any team cant win and I think anyone would agree with that. You dont get to state by being an average team. Do I make myself clear!!

[/quote

I don't care who agrees, this is not a popularity contest. I meant what I said, Mr.Politically correct. We will see Thursday. If Central gets the L, i'm ok with that, I will not lose any sleep nor will I cry.Did you watch any games or do you just know the score? Do I make my self clear, Mr.Soft Shot!

I agree with nebuntyn. Central has the EXACT team as last year. In the game where Riverdale beat Central by 17, Ballard and Coach Bray had words with each other and Ballard was sent to the locker room. After that, Ballard was suspended for almost the whole second half of the year. Ballard has just recently returned to the team. I'm not saying Central is the best team in Murfreesboro, however they have the same exact team as last year that won the state tournament.

Not seeing Central play since last years tournament, I would speculate that another reason we might see Central repeat is that Coach Ballard maintains the discipline to "send Ballard to the locker room" and suspend one of her star players for an extended time.

Not seeing Central play since last years tournament, I would speculate that another reason we might see Central repeat is that Coach Ballard maintains the discipline to "send Ballard to the locker room" and suspend one of her star players for an extended time.

That's why so many college coaches flock to Memphis Central's womens basketball program to recruit. They know what they're getting from Niki Bray. She runs her program like a college program and the discipline in her program IS there. She is a very well respected high school coach all across the country.

• Upvote 1

For the entire season, I have thought that there were six teams that were considerably better than everyone else in the state. Moving from East to West, they are Science Hill, Riverdale, Mt. Juliet, Clarksville, Memphis Overton, and Memphis Central. With no offense to Morristown East and Lawrence County, the draw seems to set up in favor of Overton and Science Hill. They will, in theory, only have to play two of the other top six. While the other 4 will have to win three against the best.

Here are my picks

Overton over Morristown East

Riverdale over Mt. Juliet

Clarksville over Central

Science Hill over Lawrence County

Riverdale over Overton

Clarksville over Science Hill

Riverdale over Clarksville

I guess I contradicted the opening paragraph:)

Tough to pick against Riverdale. So many offensive weapons and impressive D as well.

If they would have beaten Memphis Central last year in the semi's they would have beaten Riverdale is what he is getting at. They played Memphis Central alot better than Riverdale and almost pulled the upset. They return the whole team from last year and have big time wins over some great teams like Bob Jones AL and 10 point win over Mt. Juliet :popcorneater:

Science Hill came out of nowhere last year. They went to the state tournament and beat a very talented Clarksville team(a team that probably should've won it all last year)with a bunch of sophomores and freshman. As far as I know, no one expected Science Hill to even make it to state last year, let alone do as well as they did. I'm not saying they would've won the whole thing last year, but they awfully close. Closer than I think most expected them to.

Edited by AlumnI01

Another point to throw into this brief recap is that Riverdale played without starting point guard Petty the entire game. Riverdale also played Centrals point as a self check... Smart move!

Well said. I was excited to see those 6 make it as well (sometimes the best teams stub their toe in regions or substate), however, I wouldn't be surprised in LC beats SH. I am basing this partially on my mid state bias, and the fact that I'm not real sure who SH has played this year. I think there are more teams this year who have the talent to take the gold ball than last year. Riverdale's gonna be hard to beat, though.

SHill has beat Mt Juliet @ #2 team from Ala Bob Jones so there tested

Well said. I was excited to see those 6 make it as well (sometimes the best teams stub their toe in regions or substate), however, I wouldn't be surprised in LC beats SH. I am basing this partially on my mid state bias, and the fact that I'm not real sure who SH has played this year. I think there are more teams this year who have the talent to take the gold ball than last year. Riverdale's gonna be hard to beat, though.

SH beat Mt Juliet and the defending 6A AL state champs in a Christmas tournament. The AL team had 3 SEC recruits and 1 other D1 recruit.

You can have your opinion and I can have mine. Central was without Danielle Ballard, for most of the second half of the season. The dumbest thing you say or do, is calling someone/something dumb because you don't believe it to be true. We can agree to disagree. I don't take these post personal. Do I make myself clear dummy?

Where u at dumb azz, Central got killed and Lawrence lost by 1...Idiot

Where u at dumb azz, Central got killed and Lawrence lost by 1...Idiot

You must be from small town called ignorant. And I know that you would only say this on CoachT,because that's what cowards do. Your comments were unecessary.You take these post to personal/serious. A.) you don't have a life, b.)you are a loser c.)you are from a small town with one stop light d.)you think a 1 point lost is a win or E.) all of the above

Edited by nebuntyn