AAA State Tournament

Metroman

You must be from small town called ignorant. And I know that you would only say this on CoachT,because that's what cowards do. Your comments were unecessary.You take these post to personal/serious. A.) you don't have a life, b.)you are a loser c.)you are from a small town with one stop light d.)you think a 1 point lost is a win or E.) all of the above

I would love to see you face to face, coach t knows me personally, you made this personal (soft shot) and I promise you wont like meeting me, just ask around but be careful what you ask for cause I already know who you are B!!!

Shacobia Barbee wins Ms. Basketball over Bashaara Graves!?!?!?!?!

Too much politics go into this award and the TSSAA! Bashaara is the 5th ranked player in the country and going to Tennessee! Bashaara will be a McDonalds All-American! Bashaara lead her team to a 37-1 season!

I've witnessed some crazy stuff this year from the TSSAA. First I saw 3 referees from District 13AA reffing a Manassas/Covington sub-state game. Covington is in District 13AA! Now, I witness the best player in the state of Tennessee not win Ms. Basketball! Shacobia is an awesome player, however Bashaara is by far the best player in the state of Tennessee.

According to hoopgurlz . com, Bashaara Graves is the #5 ranked player in the country. Aaliyah Whiteside, the other Ms. Basketball nominee, is ranked #23 in the country according to hoopgurlz. Danielle Ballard who wasn't a nominee is ranked #24 in the country. Chandler Cooper from Clarksville is ranked #51 in the country according to hoopgurlz. Shacobia Barbee is ranked #82 in the country according to hoopgurlz.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2012

Now, say politics are not involved in the Ms. Basketball winners.

I'm a little confused as well for the Miss Basketball winner. Barbee is a very good player but listening to the stats for each player I don't know how Graves didn't win. I don't think Barbee was even the MVP for the season on her own team so how can she possibly be the best player in the State. I don't know who votes or what criteria they use, but they don't use stats, records, or rankings.

I'm a little confused as well for the Miss Basketball winner. Barbee is a very good player but listening to the stats for each player I don't know how Graves didn't win. I don't think Barbee was even the MVP for the season on her own team so how can she possibly be the best player in the State. I don't know who votes or what criteria they use, but they don't use stats, records, or rankings.

I agree ! My vote would have been for Graves. Barbee has already won last year. I think they should have considered that also. Not taking anything away from Barbee she is a great player, but so is Graves, I think they sais 1600 rebounds and 2300 pts for 4 years. That is very impressive.

If anyone knows what criteria is used or who even votes I would be interested in knowing. I don't think it's a career award either. It should be given based on this season alone. I would almost have to believe it has to be based on stats because other coaches and media members don't see theses kids play enough to know how they impact a game or even their team.

It's not about stats necessarily either, there was a girl in Chattanooga averaging over 30 points and her team didn't make it out of the region. It seems to be whatever criteria the voter/nominating group wants to use as long as the player meets the academics also. These could change year to year depending on the teams and players but my picks would always include team success (record, likely chance of going to the state or winning it), individual success (not necessarily high scoring but just good overall stats), long term success (players that have been successful for 2 or 3 seasons. I missed the A award winner but in AAA and AA it would be hard to argue with Barbee and Massengill given the factors I mentioned. That doesn't mean I think the player always has to be on a state tournament type team but I'd expect such players to at least be able to have their teams in the discussion for possibly getting there.

Edited by Indian