wartburg / union city

daroundball

I'm a Wartburg fan, have been for years, plan to be for years, but I have to say....college coach? That's a little far fetched...sorry mossygrove, but that goes beyond wishful thinking, lol

I am not sure about Wartburg middle school coach, but I would say he will get chance at high school. College maybe in store on down the road, but would take work none the less.

I think he does good job with kids, my niece plays middle school for him n I think he will go as far as he can, seems to have drive and motivation. As for Hines, she is Coalfield till she retires. To answer your question about me coaching middle school , NO WAY I bet kids drive him crazy anyway with both teams, does hinder him a bit coaching both. That figures a coalfield fan would say that about Hines, she is best high school girls coach around though, then Christopher is 2nd. Maybe Davis at Wartburg then.

I'm looking forward to seeing how JD puts next years team together. I think he is looking to play bigger with Hamby, Laughter, and Carter on the floor together. They would be a difficult matchup for other teams if they did that. But they would have to run different offense and defense than they do now. I think the biggest problem for east tn teams is they don't have your annual teams in the boro like Dist. 7. Region 1 and 2 always beat each other up in sub-state with no region having an advantage over the other. Players that have played good minutes that return are

P- Laughter Started All Games but 1

P - Carter Played in every game

P - Hamby Played in every game and started a couple

G- Hurtt Played in all games

G - Phillips 4A MVP and is only a Jr. next yr.

Wartburg's issues come from the bench, that could be a really solid starting 5

I'm looking forward to seeing how JD puts next years team together. I think he is looking to play bigger with Hamby, Laughter, and Carter on the floor together. They would be a difficult matchup for other teams if they did that. But they would have to run different offense and defense than they do now. I think the biggest problem for east tn teams is they don't have your annual teams in the boro like Dist. 7. Region 1 and 2 always beat each other up in sub-state with no region having an advantage over the other. Players that have played good minutes that return are

P- Laughter Started All Games but 1

P - Carter Played in every game

P - Hamby Played in every game and started a couple

G- Hurtt Played in all games

G - Phillips 4A MVP and is only a Jr. next yr.

Wartburg's issues come from the bench, that could be a really solid starting 5

I'm thinking along the same lines as you are Bulldogplayermom, I think that would be a really nice starting 5, but I expect JD to not start Laughter, Hamby, and Carter. My bet is he will take a weaker starting 5 in order to have a rotation at post. Wait! I just now thought about Mathis! She will probably be subbing in at post.

Laughter and Carter would be 2 nice inside players, I would consider moving Hamby to some guard play, as she has good footwork and speed, and less size.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you are Bulldogplayermom, I think that would be a really nice starting 5, but I expect JD to not start Laughter, Hamby, and Carter. My bet is he will take a weaker starting 5 in order to have a rotation at post. Wait! I just now thought about Mathis! She will probably be subbing in at post.

Laughter and Carter would be 2 nice inside players, I would consider moving Hamby to some guard play, as she has good footwork and speed, and less size.

I agree, he will develop them into shape, guard play will be more crucial next yr, but good nucleus coming back,. his new kids coming up should get some help within 2 yrs from those guards. I think Wartburg only has 4 coming to high school from middle school. Hamby's younger sister will be a talented guard when she grows into her self, as well as other guard they had this yr.

Whoa! the middle school coach in college? Somebody needs to grow up. If he is able to be a college level coach then why isn't he there? I think you have gone off a bit there. Coach Hines is a person that has a chance to be coaching in college before him. Wartburg Middle School looked bad this year both boys and girls. Are you their middle school coach or something? That coach coaching in college is a riot! LMAO

Davis is an excellent coach, he knows what he's talking about and has great knowledge of the game. He could coach high school or college if he wanted to. He has been my AAU coach for 4years and I've learned more basketball from him in those 4years than I have from anyone else and I have been playing ball since elementary school. He could outcoach any coach around here, and believe me, he's had offers to coach other places (College and High School) but he stays here because he cares for these kids and wants to help build a great program.

Edited by SarahBelle3

Davis is an excellent coach, he knows what he's talking about and has great knowledge of the game. He could coach high school or college if he wanted to. He has been my AAU coach for 4years and I've learned more basketball from him in those 4years than I have from anyone else and I have been playing ball since elementary school. He could outcoach any coach around here, and believe me, he's had offers to coach other places (College and High School) but he stays here because he cares for these kids and wants to help build a great program.

Sarah, I don't think anyone here is dissing the middle school coach, but I doubt he has ever had the opportunity to coach at the college level, if he has had an opportunity like that and passed it up, it doesn't say much for him having any smarts, lol..I wouldn't doubt that he has been offered a high school position, if he hasn't yet, I'm sure his time is coming. I think Jason Davis would get a call from any colleges long before the middle school coach...

rumor im hearing is that the twin freshman girls from OS is interested in moving to Wartburg next year to play for the dawgs because there not happy with christopher if that happens dawgs win district region and will be back in the boro guaranteed no one will stop them or #12 on same team

That would be awesome news. They need to come on and we will be unstoppable next year. Coach Davis is a great coach even if he did go to Coalfield one year.

The way Grace Christian is illegally recruiting kids in district 4A it seems to me that they will likely end up there. How a Christian School can openly cheat is beyond me. I personally saw their coach at the region tournament approach kids families and kids themselves from several area schools! They are just a plain dirty program!

The way Grace Christian is illegally recruiting kids in district 4A it seems to me that they will likely end up there. How a Christian School can openly cheat is beyond me. I personally saw their coach at the region tournament approach kids families and kids themselves from several area schools! They are just a plain dirty program!

should have seen him at state tourney talking to kids and parents lol. Grace will be stout next yr, simply bc they are illegally recruiting kids and getting them to come to school and killing public school ball. it frustrate me beyond all belief!

This is why people should get facts before they talk bad about someone. I know for a fact that he was not even at the region tournament and was out of town. Please dont just post things to be hateful and spread gossip. But make no mistake Grace girls will be very good for years to come.