wartburg / union city

daroundball

should have seen him at state tourney talking to kids and parents lol. Grace will be stout next yr, simply bc they are illegally recruiting kids and getting them to come to school and killing public school ball. it frustrate me beyond all belief!

He was at the State tournament and I was with him. He took 5 girls from Graces team and those were the only kids he spoke to while we were there. You really should not use this board to spread gossip that is just not true. What does it accomplish, speading hate? Grace has come from winning 2 games in 4 years to winning 12 two years ago and last season going 20-11 and playing for a district championship. This is a result of hard work by the players and coaches and should applauded not critisized.

• Upvote 1

This is why people should get facts before they talk bad about someone. I know for a fact that he was not even at the region tournament and was out of town. Please dont just post things to be hateful and spread gossip. But make no mistake Grace girls will be very good for years to come.

RUN n GUN get over yourself, got caught cheating once, will happen again!!!!! Any body with any sense knows they recruit, in some capacity or another!!!

RUN n GUN get over yourself, got caught cheating once, will happen again!!!!! Any body with any sense knows they recruit, in some capacity or another!!!

This is the same coach that used to be the boys head coach and asst coach at Grace. While serving in both capacities on the boys teams, there was at least one illegal starter and sometimes 2 illegal starters on the team the entire time he was associated with the boys program (which was 4 years). He even personally arranged to have one player move from FL and live with a Grace asst coach during his senior year to play on the boys team. After the season, the player graduated and moved back to FL with his family. Surprising that they hired him for the girl's team, with all the baggage he brought. Certainly not a good PR move for the school in that any legimitate success the school has now will always be questioned with him at the helm. Just shows that the priority of the school is winning. I wouldn't be surprised if he weren't doing something illegal again, with such a quick turnaround of the girl's team since he became the coach.

The girls basketball program at grace has become a solid program because they have some of the best facilities around and they have good coaches. Not because of recruiting by any means. I can tell you personally that there is no illegal activity going on at the school. You guys on here are so desperate for some sort of controversy or just to spread your complete hatred for a school that you have started to make things up. No player has ever "lived with an assistant coach" or been recruited to come to the school. The coaches work hard in every sport program to make it a good one and it shows.

The girls basketball program at grace has become a solid program because they have some of the best facilities around and they have good coaches. Not because of recruiting by any means. I can tell you personally that there is no illegal activity going on at the school. You guys on here are so desperate for some sort of controversy or just to spread your complete hatred for a school that you have started to make things up. No player has ever "lived with an assistant coach" or been recruited to come to the school. The coaches work hard in every sport program to make it a good one and it shows.

Dillon Pridgeon moved from FL to Knoxville (by himself) his senior season in 2008/2009, and lived with the asst baseball coach. After the 2009 school year, he graduated from Grace and returned to FL to live with his family. Coincidentally, Pidemore's son and Pridgeon played basketball together in FL, and Pridemore arranged for Dillon to come to Grace. The TSSAA is explicit about the rules concerning an athlete being required to live with their parents, and also about dual residency (either by themselves alone are illegal). Grace passed this off as filling out a form incorrectly. This was self reported by the school, albeit AFTER the state tourney when a parent brought it to the attention of the pastor BEFORE the state tourney (and that same parent left the church over the incident). Grace forfeited the boys basketball region title and vacated all wins in 2009. Ask around, do your own investigation, and you will find I'm right.

Dillon Pridgeon moved from FL to Knoxville (by himself) his senior season in 2008/2009, and lived with the asst baseball coach. After the 2009 school year, he graduated from Grace and returned to FL to live with his family. Coincidentally, Pidemore's son and Pridgeon played basketball together in FL, and Pridemore arranged for Dillon to come to Grace. The TSSAA is explicit about the rules concerning an athlete being required to live with their parents, and also about dual residency (either by themselves alone are illegal). Grace passed this off as filling out a form incorrectly. This was self reported by the school, albeit AFTER the state tourney when a parent brought it to the attention of the pastor BEFORE the state tourney (and that same parent left the church over the incident). Grace forfeited the boys basketball region title and vacated all wins in 2009. Ask around, do your own investigation, and you will find I'm right.

Not going to go back and forth because everyone thinks they are right so it is useless. I will state the facts, that they NEVER played together just from the same area. The relationship was with his brother-in-law and parents were attemting to get a job transfer here and in the mean time established thier residence with his uncle. They were looking for a school and knew about Grace so they made an appointment for admission. That Uncle lived more than 20 miles from Grace and that was the violation. parents were back and forth while trying to get transfer and it never went through. He did stay with a friend often and that was also reported to the tssaa and they said that was not the violation and said they cant monoter where every kid actually sleeps but it was a violation because his residence was more than 20 miles from grace. Those are the facts for you to believe or not.

Not going to go back and forth because everyone thinks they are right so it is useless. I will state the facts, that they NEVER played together just from the same area. The relationship was with his brother-in-law and parents were attemting to get a job transfer here and in the mean time established thier residence with his uncle. They were looking for a school and knew about Grace so they made an appointment for admission. That Uncle lived more than 20 miles from Grace and that was the violation. parents were back and forth while trying to get transfer and it never went through. He did stay with a friend often and that was also reported to the tssaa and they said that was not the violation and said they cant monoter where every kid actually sleeps but it was a violation because his residence was more than 20 miles from grace. Those are the facts for you to believe or not.

The fact is that GCA broke blatantly rules and they were punished.

By my count they were 4 students from joining AA, AA/3A in football, for this current school year and the next-the final two years of the classification period. That's counting the multiplier. If they've had any growth at all in the 9-12 grades they should be in AA especially with some small charters starting up to drive the cutoff up a few schools. We'll see how the numbers work out.

By my count they were 4 students from joining AA, AA/3A in football, for this current school year and the next-the final two years of the classification period. That's counting the multiplier. If they've had any growth at all in the 9-12 grades they should be in AA especially with some small charters starting up to drive the cutoff up a few schools. We'll see how the numbers work out.

very good estimation, prolly correct, that would leave a district slot open, cosby may join back tot he district then,