Riverdale vs Science Hill 3A championship

TopperFootball

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by two very well coached and classy teams. Science Hill could have folded when they got down big early, but they fought back. Riverdale could've lost their composure after blowing that big of a lead but they stayed the course. Congrats to both teams...both of you are champions in your own right.

They did lose their composure, they didn't play well with the lead at all, throwing up wild shots still ahead by around 7 but their big girls bailed them out getting the offensive rebounds. That was with one out hurt and the other big girl on the bench with fouls. Would it made a difference, sure but how much of one who knows. I didn't see much in the way of bad calls except an offensive foul late. I was disappointed with a couple of Riverdale fans sitting nearby mocking Science Hill in the first half, how they "didn't deserve to be at the state tournament", how they "wouldn't have even made it out of Riverdale's district", they must have played 37 bad teams, etc, really ignorant comments. They were much quieter in the second half. I'd have liked to have seen SH's full line-up available but you have to go with who you have.

great effort both girls and coaches. I know that 38-1 is not what you wanted but remember you are young and if you work hard you will get back next year.....hold your heads up high...when you were down 26-2 you could have folded your tents but you showed what guts and courage and heart you truly have....great season coach barnwell and coach w...i know that this will make you work even harder than you already do...b careful going back to jc

great effort both girls and coaches. I know that 38-1 is not what you wanted but remember you are young and if you work hard you will get back next year.....hold your heads up high...when you were down 26-2 you could have folded your tents but you showed what guts and courage and heart you truly have....great season coach barnwell and coach w...i know that this will make you work even harder than you already do...b careful going back to jc

Congratulations to both teams, Science Hill should be favored to win it all next year...

Congrats to Riverdale for the win. Big props to SH for a gutsy performance. Being without a starter and getting down by as many as 25 points in the first half, you showed amazing character in getting back within 7 points in the second half. Both teams are to be commended on a great game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------'THIS ' :thumb: ---------------------------------------

First off, I'd like to congratulate Riverdale on the win yesterday. You have a great team and earned the Championship.

Second, I'd also like to congratulate the Lady Toppers of Science Hill. You should be proud of the way you played yesterday. Down by 25 to start the game, and playing without one of your best players, you could've easily folded. However, you kept your composure, played your way back into the game, and showed a lot of heart. Looking forward to you all being back in the title game next year, and bringing the gold ball back to JC.

They did lose their composure, they didn't play well with the lead at all, throwing up wild shots still ahead by around 7 but their big girls bailed them out getting the offensive rebounds. That was with one out hurt and the other big girl on the bench with fouls. Would it made a difference, sure but how much of one who knows. I didn't see much in the way of bad calls except an offensive foul late. I was disappointed with a couple of Riverdale fans sitting nearby mocking Science Hill in the first half, how they "didn't deserve to be at the state tournament", how they "wouldn't have even made it out of Riverdale's district", they must have played 37 bad teams, etc, really ignorant comments. They were much quieter in the second half. I'd have liked to have seen SH's full line-up available but you have to go with who you have.

do you realize that someone in the LC and Sh thread is saying close to the same things you are saying?....just saying

do you realize that someone in the LC and Sh thread is saying close to the same things you are saying?....just saying

Did not know that, didn't really care. SH fans thinking they should have beaten Lawrence by more, especially with their usual line-up available at the time, is a lot different than ignorant fans thinking SH didn't deserve to be in the tournament or played "all bad teams" to get their perfect record going into the final. Anyone with much knowledge of what had gone on in the week at all would know they beat Clarksville the day before.