Coaching Changes in NE Tenn

hoodwinked

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be quite a few.

Happy Valley- Who replaces CB and do they keep girls coach?

Cloudland- Depends on who the new Football coach is. Could be looking for a new Girls coach.

Elizabethton- Who knows. If Coach Dugger does in fact go back to girls they will then be looking for a new Boys coach.

Cloudland won't have to look. Coach Chambers is more than capable of taking the reins as he is a proven winner. The Lady Landers wouldn't miss a beat. However, I feel that Matt is staying put. The gold ball is just a heart beat away from finding a home in district one. I think with a lot of hard work this summer, we can finally close the gap.

BigBlueFan37650 I believe that Coach Dugger has ALREADY gone back to the Girls and EHS is now looking for yet another Boys Basketball Coach. KING I too look for Matt to "stay put", but if and when he does that will KC stay as an asst? He wasnt brought up on the Mtn. to be an asst and coach Softball. HE may look for other jobs too. Possibly HV, if it comes open. Just speculation. Your assessment would be more spot on.

I too understand Dugger will be back with the girls...King, if Matt doesnt go this season, they'll make do until spring 2013 IMO....But if he does make the move now, Kenneth can handle the girls just fine

I can not believe that he is back with girls. I thought we have done some crazy things in Erwin but that takes the cake. Well Chambers at HV would be a good fit.

Actually the only crazy thing was when the superintendent moved Dugger to the boys team against his will. He was told at the time he could move back to the girls if he still wanted to after the season. He chose to return to girls! Let us hope the administration has learned a lesson and never pulls something like this again in the midst of the season. Think of the kids for goodness sakes!!!

Actually the only crazy thing was when the superintendent moved Dugger to the boys team against his will. He was told at the time he could move back to the girls if he still wanted to after the season. He chose to return to girls! Let us hope the administration has learned a lesson and never pulls something like this again in the midst of the season. Think of the kids for goodness sakes!!!

It's high school sports... The kids will be fine.

But if he did go and took his two boys with him, Happy Valley becomes a contender in the Three Rivers pretty quickly. Would hate to see Science Hill lose him, but he is great coach and an even better man. Any school would be lucky to get him.

I could see taking the younger son, but how could you ask the oldest son that's a senior leave Science Hill and they were one game from state championship this year. And I couldn't imagine missing my sons senior year. Will be interesting.

You actually think John would give up watching/coaching his sons play basketball? I do not think that is true. I would say he is continent on where he is at the time being. If he had no children playing then I would be more apt to believe it.

Wait and see i do know he applied for the HV job.CJ is staying at SH @ Patrick is going with him.I hate to lose him. John gets his degree in June if i was SH i would find him a teaching job.